Go to page:

How many chances are too many?

anotherghost
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 5

Just curious, how many chances to you give people before you finally have to walk away? I used to believe in second chances  but like the saying goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, however the past few months I find myself giving  people that honestly do not deserve another chance period, chance after chance. I know that because I continue to do this the things that occur because of it are my fault, but it just got me thinking when is enough actually enough?

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 205

None. No man receives a single chance from me, I'll read your body language and make eye contact to foretell if you're a fuck-up or a SS.

wingless42
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 17th July 2015
Forum Posts: 11

From personal experience on both sides of the topic, the mere pain of reading the title made me have to say this. There are truly evil people, and there are truly good people. Those that do wrong for no reason do not deserve any chances but someone who does wrong who can't help it is only human. Everyone makes mistakes but some people hate themselves until they die for not getting that chance to make it right, those people deserve that chance because no matter how much they do wrong it was never there intention to do such.

AloneInMyHead
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 13th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 141

I'm my experience, it depends on what is being done over and over again. How does it make you feel? How strong is your bond with that person? Are you accepting them for themselves or are you wanting to change them? If somebody was hurting my child, there would be no second chance. Many factors play into giving people chances and yes everyone does make mistakes.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

wingless42 said:From personal experience on both sides of the topic, the mere pain of reading the title made me have to say this. There are truly evil people, and there are truly good people. Those that do wrong for no reason do not deserve any chances but someone who does wrong who can't help it is only human. Everyone makes mistakes but some people hate themselves until they die for not getting that chance to make it right, those people deserve that chance because no matter how much they do wrong it was never there intention to do such.

Excellent opinion wingless
Welcome to Dup ")

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013

Hey everybody, read my shit. I'm a neewbie motherfucker with shit all respect for any c-dk-t.

anotherghost
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 5

I think you put that very well, and it did help put some stuff into prospective, thank you.

Lookawaynow
Rose
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 13awards
Joined 7th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 126

Sure give another chance
Depending on the fall from grace committed
But always to be tainted in the eyes of the forgiver if only slightly
That what you had before will never be the same
If you can live through that
If love is still a worthy tool as a couple then sure forgive and move along together
But really depends on the crime by the partner as many love crimes spell disaster
And regret that you ever gave them another chance in the first instance
We live learn move on

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013

Love learn and live.

I love each and everyone of you. Just as y'al do me.

poet Anonymous

I genuinly think It depends on what the person has done in the first place. I've recently had to walk away from a family member that has been in my life for 30 years because she was toxic frankly, and dragging everybody down. I wonder how many chances I gave her over 30 years...

I think (and I largely think this is because of what I've been through) I've given people less and less chances as I've got older, but that could be a defence mechanism on my part.

MsRockyJackson
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 1st July 2014
Forum Posts: 318

Honestly, it all depends on how long you can stay mad at them and if it's worth holding a grudge over them.
Me however I haven't gave too many people more than one chance because I believe that most of the time walking away is better.

Beautiful_Enigma
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 30th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 101

It all depends on what that person means to you, what position they hold in your life and how badly you want the next chance to be the last one they'll ever need...

Chapmike
Strange Creature
Joined 3rd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 3

People have different span of time they take to completely turn around. All I got to say is, we should never give up on people too early

Innocent-Fugitive
Strange Creature
United Kingdom
Joined 14th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 15

One chance, regardless of who it is.

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015
Forum Posts: 2047

Jeeeez! Yeah..i fuck up considerably over and over.
I have needed tough love..for sure.
But i have also needed unconditional love from some..or would have been dead.
I give others as much..if they are deserving..i hope.

But one, for no one? And none?

I believe you get what you give..No one can read what is in someone's heart through first body languauge..
And the next time you need a second..
Remember that person that deserved one..you did not give one too.

There are shades of everything.

Go to page:
Go to: