Go to page:

Is poetry art or therapy?

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

How's this I took up poetry cause I enjoyed a challenge. I do think that poetry is more therapeutic than art.It's not the words on the page is a connection.Love is merely a word what makes it powerful are peoples connection towards it. A lot of people's art are solely driven by emotion making it more it form of therapy.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2461

For me its a little bit of both....however I will admit I lean towards more of the therapy realm...So far, so good.

poet Anonymous

Therapy for those who write with the intention of a hobby or way of poetry being a route into conscience or soul or etc. ART for those who have a desire (not just for catharsis) but to publish to branch our to give something to world.

saatyaki
Strange Creature
India
Joined 10th July 2013
Forum Posts: 2

Greetings

Poetry is certainly an art and the Supreme form of art . This point is vindicated / established at different points in the evolution of history and history of fine arts and literature.
Regards

Feekindie
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 30th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 1

TheGoddessMinerva said:I would argue it is both.
I agree. I think expressing your art is in its self therapeutic.

2B-or-Not2B-Loved
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 8th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 77

To me I believe it's both. I'm tellin yaw if it wasn't for poetry being in my life I prolly wudnt b here...

JTHill
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 3rd Oct 2015

Poetry is a very sensual form of art and therapy combined for it allows the creator IE author to venture beyond their own  consciousness confines and  illustrate something that can be picture perfect with a single syllable are sentence.

JTHill
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 3rd Oct 2015

2b-or-not2b-loved...
Your profile pic is attractive art work unfortunately I never practice long enough to develope such skill
Have a blessed day

cheesa
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 5th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 109

Poetry is both therapy and art

RegularJohn
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
Joined 16th Sep 2013
Forum Posts: 58

Poetry is an art form I use as a therapy. It creates from what I need to release

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

Art is beautiful therapy, no matter which art it is.

MsNadia
Siilent_Poet
Strange Creature
Joined 5th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 6

The art of poetry is therapy in its self.  The wording, imagination and creativity within the respective poet allows readers and listeners to SEE that poets soul.  Beautiful, however disturbing, is the mind at its finest!

poet Anonymous

I agree with you,  MsNadia, 100% (:

ElleCole
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 30th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 3

Agreed!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

My therapist recommended I join this site ... so yeah.

Go to page:
Go to: