Go to page:

your thoughts on evolution

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

I agree with Viddax about the 'only 10% of the brain is used' theory. Who first proposed it and what form did their proof take? And why would we leave 90% 0f our brains inactive? Evolution has a way of doing away with useless parts of the anatomy, so why would we continue to lug around 90% of useless brain tissue? I do agree that some people seem to get by without using much in the way of brain power (Donald Trump's a good example), but I think most of us need to use as much of our grey matter as we can manage.

As for human evolution, why should human beings turn into something completely different in only 100 million years? Crocodiles haven't, and they've been going for over 500 million - by that measurement you'd think they'd be driving cars and writing film scripts by now.

poet Anonymous

kudos for knowing the 10% myth, its origins are quite interesting and modern day neurology has proven that all parts of the brain are active in some way at all times.

I bet most of you even know that men and women have the same number of ribs.
this article is interesting with regard to present day evolution
http://www.nature.com/news/poverty-shrinks-brains-from-birth-1.17227

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14458

pretty sure the whole 10% thing cane from studies of electrical flow through the brain

Ravens have the tiniest of brains and they're smart fuckers ..they can learn stuff

Crocs have changed dramatically since they first came on the scene, all sorts of pimping done with them,  shorter legs, longer tails, duel breathing system, fine tuned hunting system

I suppose, we still haven't lost our appendix, no real use for it

I think our ancestors are jellyfish

Jellyfish are the real master race (species)

take a look at some if them, they look like floating brains with a spine

..we are their host. all animals, birds, mammals and fish are their hosts

..terrible sorry, Missus Moon , I'll check out your link now

Go to page:
Go to: