If someone comments on several of your pieces is it...

85.19% • 92 votes • Flattering
12.04% • 13 votes • Irrelevant
2.78% • 3 votes • Creepy
Total votes: 108
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

If someone comments on several of your pieces is it...

Trixareforkids
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 2597

For me it would be the content of the comments that determined creepiness, not the number of comments.

As to flattering, there, the number of comments may be flattering. Some don't have much to say other than they enjoyed it in some dashing or another and that's nice to hear and to hear it across a swath of work adds impact even if the comments themselves are not original in their phrasing.

headlight_eyes
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 25th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 56

as long as the comments are decent, and i don't get a message asking what my real name is and if they can have a selfie, have at it.

Blood_Merchant93
BeautifulManiac
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 30th June 2010
Forum Posts: 88

I find it to be quite flattering when someone takes the time to write comments on several pieces of my poetry, but I suppose it depends on the style of comments received. For example: a compliment makes me feel flattered that someone took the time to read through my poems and comment on them, however, if the comments were rude or creepy, then of course I would find it creepy and possible irrelevant. Personally, I post my poems on DUP in the hope that I get friendly feedback and honest critique, it helps me develop as a poet.

DreamerSeeker
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 10th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 57

It actually depends what the comments are.
But, I think it's flattering to know that you have a "fan" who likes your work enough to take the time to read and comment.

bluesky
Lost Thinker
Ireland
Joined 4th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Poetry.....deep thoughts all of your own.  Sometimes questions  hidden in there somewhere looking for answers.  
It is always nice to hear Answers,  it doesn't matter where they come from really

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I planned to offer her my ham in marriage, it is the least I could do for her.

SURVIVOR
Fire of Insight
United States 7awards
Joined 11th July 2015
Forum Posts: 130

I love to read others work, I only comment if inspiring to me. If I don't care for it I back out & find another. To me it's very flattering. Being new to writing I enjoy the replies, good or bad. I'm not here to impress, I'm here for the freedom of anonymity. To allow another person see who I am inside, more importantly, to see another person's inner self. Thanx

poet Anonymous

I think that person has nothing to do or has found my poems really interesting.

Go to page:
Go to: