If someone comments on several of your pieces is it...

85.19% • 92 votes • Flattering
12.04% • 13 votes • Irrelevant
2.78% • 3 votes • Creepy
Total votes: 108
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

If someone comments on several of your pieces is it...

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015
Forum Posts: 2047

Rabbit!! Made me close to pee mih pants!

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Gosh Lobo and Calamity you tickled me pink
Thanks

neo128
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 28th July 2015
Forum Posts: 6

I tend to take a positive view... So I would appreciate it, and return the favor.

MsNadia
Siilent_Poet
Strange Creature
Joined 5th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 6

I would say flattering unless the person starts commenting creepy stuff.  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16070

Flattering but creepy if they say weird stuff. There were a couple who did that to me before. Kind of funny at first...but then it became strange...descended into weird pretty fast.

saint_gw
Gregory
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 9th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 23

I suppose it would depend on the content of the comment.

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

Creepy? Nah, personally if someone were to comment on more than one piece of mine I would think they obviously like my writing style and they have essentially become a "fan" of me.

cheesa
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 5th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 109

Ha I've commented on 2 of ures 2day danii  u have dun sum cool shit tho. And creepy nar just a fan of ure work if they start asking for pics of u in bath then it gets creepy

poet Anonymous

Bah...just block creepy...unless you like creepy. Otherwise I enjoy getting comments...someone enjoying more than one piece and commenting? That's called attracting readers.

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

Meh it doesn't bother me it's nice to know...but that's it. Most of my work will never leave this website most likely. So I almost don't care...I write what I write when I feel like writing for myself. The poems I write are not for any other reason they are merely my own freedom of expression. If a person agrees good...if they don't who cares. I'm not here for a popularity contest. I'm here to write shit to feel good and maybe look through other poems. So its irrelevant to me.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2400

Arent we all a little creepy?  I mean no disrespect however I am driving that bus sometimes due to some of the poems I have read, liked, commented on and written myself. On a side note, I actually smile when I see comments in my Updates. So I would say its flattering. <3  

And what puts you in the stalker or troll category?  I mean, we all have our favorites...

DevilsPoet
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 30th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 12

I think it flattering. When I find a poem I like I have to read at least 20 poem from the person that wrote it to see if I like them as a writer and if u want to follow them.

highwaytohell
Greg
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 24th Sep 2015
Forum Posts: 449

A lot of you guys are saying "I don't mind the comments as long as they're not creepy". Exactly what is creepy? Creepy as a definition means that you as person do not know how to respond to what a person hears or sees. But I'm getting a sense that creepy comments are okay. The comments a person does not want is a plainly disturbing comment said to a poet, that can be offensive.

On that note a man known by H.Holmes created a hotel known as the "Castle" which was designed to kill people in 1893. Nobody is sure of how many victims were killed in the hotel. It had doors that could only be opened from the outside, doors opening to brick walls, a maze of glassless windows and stairs that lead to nowhere. What a lovely thought.  

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

never been freaked by a reader / commentator.
I love having people comment on my work, especially the honest ones; the ones who tell me when it's good and when it's bad... those are my favorites!

cheesa
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 5th Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 109

I gotta say I do love a positive comment and if we get afew comments if the same person maybe they appreciate your work surley that's good

Go to page:
Go to: