If someone comments on several of your pieces is it...

85.19% • 92 votes • Flattering
12.04% • 13 votes • Irrelevant
2.78% • 3 votes • Creepy
Total votes: 108
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

If someone comments on several of your pieces is it...

harliequin
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 103

When I find a poet I like, if I find I have the ambition to go reading, I like to comment on a lot of their poems. I also love getting comments, myself...

But do you think it's creepy for someone to go through a ton of your poems and comment on a bunch of them? Or is it flattering?

poet Anonymous

I think it's a big compliment. I wouldn't find it creepy in the slightest. Just enamoured that somebody had the time to want to read my stuff.

poet Anonymous

it depends

PoeticPisces
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 13th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 9

I find it quite flattering if someone comments on alot of my poems. In my eyes they are becoming fans of your work and that encourages you alot as a poet to have someone who actually enjoys it besides yourself ovcourse.

DarkEnchantress
Dangerous Mind
7awards
Joined 2nd Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 391

I truly appreciate when someone visits my realm and spends moments leaving their thoughtful 'word-prints' behind...makes me feel especially honored!! Totally agree with Miss_Sub--wouldn't think of it as being "creepy in the slightest".

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

Flattering.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 37awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 817

You can't get a true sense of the artist without reading several of their pieces. Commenting is a way of encouraging the artist to continue writing.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Depends on the comments, the person,their reasons.  There is stalker and there is genuine interest in ones work.   The latter I would find flattering.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:Depends on the comments, the person,their reasons.  There is stalker and there is genuine interest in ones work.   The latter I would find flattering.

i agree with this. most often it's flattering and completely fine and encouraging. sometimes...well, sometimes a person gets a bit stalker-ish and it's weird.

Mistycat
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 31st July 2015
Forum Posts: 10

To me multiple poems is like a book written by one author. I dont always give a thumbs up or a comment, when I do, it is because I liked it very much and want them to know I liked it! It is flattering to be heard...

sunflower_spitta
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 20th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 6

If the comments are feedback, then I would deem them as flattering. If the comments were perversely sexual, racist, hateful in general, or harassing then yeah I'd consider that creepy

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Are you kidding? It's what I live for! If I didn't want everyone to comment on every last one of my poems, I would not post them on-line. It's depressing when I post a poem and no one comments. If you get creep'd out because someone likes your poetry, perhaps a good therapist can help you with that. I often end up among the top critiquers each month, and I don't feel like I do it purposefully, but if anyone feels like they don't like my comments or I creep them out, feel free to block me. Then call 1-800-psychiatry... lol!!!
JJ

calamitygin
Jennifer Michael McCurry
Tyrant of Words
United States 28awards
Joined 22nd June 2015
Forum Posts: 2047

Most of the time, flattering. There are lots of poets i read faithfully. I leave a comment on every piece i read. If its not flattering, im creepy. 🍒

However, there are a small few that verge obsessive and innaproriate. Also leaving msgs. We are adults, and should show respect.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

As SugarSkull says "it depends" ...

One of the most gifted writers here, JohnFeddler, often comments on a variety of writers but he does respond to comments on his pieces within the thread, but he'll respond in kind by commenting on anyone who has commented on his work ...

If I comment on someone I don't expect them to comment on my work, they're not obligated by any means ... My comment was just a way of saying - Hey I liked this because ...

Who I comment on varies ... Sometimes I'll just go through My Updates ... sometimes I'll read the last two or three poems of every poet I follow and comment on each ... Sometimes if it's late at night I'll comment on whoever's online at the moment

One time I commented on the very first two or three pieces of those I follow ... It was a very interesting exercise to see the evolution of their writing

With that said, beware the stalkers and trolls ... Report it to a mod if it becomes abusive or threatening

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

I find it a bit creepy, especially when it is one of my other accounts.

Go to page:
Go to: