Have Your Poems Been stolen too?

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 563

MagicVisionz said:
*smdh* Wow that's crazy. He dont care who poems he takes... he just a thirsty mf thinking only for himself taking all credits. If I dont hear from the admin at Fetlife... I'm thinking of putting him on blast at Fetlife forum till my voice is heard and actions to take my poem down.

may not be a bad idea, if you're not a frequent user.  
i've received a warning for naming & shaming him in a writing on my profile. they have a three strikes before banning policy and i'm on my second for the same offence.
after the whole reaps thing got out of hand, they're really full of crap, so just follow the proper channels unless you're okay with losing your account.

dkzksaxxas_DanielX
DadaDoggyDannyKozakSaxfn
Tyrant of Words
United States 32awards
Joined 10th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 209

an A'rab stole my i'dentity....................

Betcha the 'reason' this person does such silly shit is tweak Poetic Vanities into "oh, dear me! My Soul has been violated!!!!"

You know....just simple mindfucking of ego's Sacred Places..........If someone thinks 'stealing' poetry is going to get them fame, riches, laid, fellated,or even enough to make a halfassed 'living', they are stupider, mo'pathetic, than we are when we think we're 'so special' because wee be such sensitive poetic souls..........time spent better just writing yr shit rather than doing all the silly self-righteous footwork that is probably the main point of this 'theft'. Lottsa folks get kicks outta "I'm gonna make them dance like fools over them Selfs"...............okay.......now, forget i said anything

MagicVisionz
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 3rd July 2015
Forum Posts: 51

lepperochan said:Webmiss, I know we've had discussions about this before on forums, but is there a way of blocking copy paste  for non members and is there any way you could get a notification if a member copypastes a whole poem that's not his/ or hers

That's a wonderful ideal... I came from a poetry site that used to have one like that... non members or members cant copy/pastes a whole poem... but the owner of the poetry site removed it during construction and upgrade of the site... not sure why.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

sometimes, people like to quote lines of a poem they're  commenting on so the copy paste is used a fair bit in that context, and copy pasting poems into competitions n such things, so  total ban on copy-pasting may not be plausible. this site has many members who come here specifically to take poems. they end up all over the place in different sites

..plus there is a cost involved

clearly this site has the best poets and all the thieves know it  <-  I made a poetry

MagicVisionz
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 3rd July 2015

_shadoe_ said:

may not be a bad idea, if you're not a frequent user.  
i've received a warning for naming & shaming him in a writing on my profile. they have a three strikes before banning policy and i'm on my second for the same offence.
after the whole reaps thing got out of hand, they're really full of crap, so just follow the proper channels unless you're okay with losing your account.

Thank you Shadoe for your wisdom *hugs* I'll stay cool and be smart. I got a e-mail from the Caretakers and they sent me this to fill out:
I am writing to you to avail myself of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in § 512© of the U.S. Copyright Law. I wish to report an instance of what I feel in good faith is an instance or Copyright Infringement. The infringing material appears on the Service for which you are the designated agent.

1. The material which I contend belongs to me, and appears illegally on FetLife is the following:
[Title of work, for example, “The copyrighted work is a picture titled ‘Sinister Sexy Cat’ taken at a photo shoot I did on January 10th, 2009 in Montreal, Quebec.”]

2. The material appears at the following website addresses:
[links to the offending pictures, videos or writing; one per line]

3. The material appears on my website at these addresses:
[address of the original work; one per line]

4. My contact information is as follows:
[Legal Name]
Street Address,
City,
State/Province,
Zip/Postal Code
[Phone Number]
[Email Address]

[FetLife nickname]
[Link to Profile]

5. I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

6. The information in this notice is accurate, and I am either the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.

I declare under the perjury laws of the United States of America that this notification is true and correct.

Signed: [Legal Name] on [Date]

It's from Steve and I filled it out and sent back... now I'm waiting for their response.

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013

MagicVisionz said:

Thank you Shadoe for your wisdom *hugs* I'll stay cool and be smart. I got a e-mail from the Caretakers and they sent me this to fill out:
I am writing to you to avail myself of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in § 512© of the U.S. Copyright Law. I wish to report an instance of what I feel in good faith is an instance or Copyright Infringement. The infringing material appears on the Service for which you are the designated agent.

1. The material which I contend belongs to me, and appears illegally on FetLife is the following:
[Title of work, for example, “The copyrighted work is a picture titled ‘Sinister Sexy Cat’ taken at a photo shoot I did on January 10th, 2009 in Montreal, Quebec.”]

2. The material appears at the following website addresses:
[links to the offending pictures, videos or writing; one per line]

3. The material appears on my website at these addresses:
[address of the original work; one per line]

4. My contact information is as follows:
[Legal Name]
Street Address,
City,
State/Province,
Zip/Postal Code
[Phone Number]
[Email Address]

[FetLife nickname]
[Link to Profile]

5. I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

6. The information in this notice is accurate, and I am either the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.

I declare under the perjury laws of the United States of America that this notification is true and correct.

Signed: [Legal Name] on [Date]

It's from Steve and I filled it out and sent back... now I'm waiting for their response.

tiny gods, i hate those forms. steve  was an incredible help when i had photos nicked from there so he'll get you through the process alright.
i've spoken to a few friends there about getting the entire account removed but that's easier done when it's stolen images...

deetee
Strange Creature
Joined 18th June 2014
Forum Posts: 1

Welcome to the internet,
But its ok to download music or movies without permission.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

deetee said:Welcome to the internet,
But its ok to download music or movies without permission.

You think it is okay to download music and movies without permission? (if you do that, you're in bbbbig trouble)

You might find that is illegal, unless you are paying money for it or it is an authorised free download, unlicensed etc (still cannot claim it as your own creation though)

Welcome to the internet.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

"I wish I'd said that, James."
"Don't worry, Oscar, you will."
~Wilde and Whistler

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2005/nov/23/comment.stephenmoss

Mastersgdgurl
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th July 2014
Forum Posts: 194

Ive been reporting him with every poem he had stole from me...I hope they do something with his account and remove mine thank you savaja for the help I'm just not a very happy because of this crap I'm just frustrated people like him dont have the desency to ask before taking

Mastersgdgurl
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th July 2014

Update

Ive tried to look him up to see if I have anymore poems on there but I look up his name and try to go to his profile and I can't at the moment unless his account have been banded or what not...but if you others could look him up and aren't able to pull him up let me know...but the admin from get have removed my other two that were found...I did find as well that there are no more poems on his page besides the ones he loved from other people... So if any of you others look make sure I am seeing that right please

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013

Mastersgdgurl said:Update

Ive tried to look him up to see if I have anymore poems on there but I look up his name and try to go to his profile and I can't at the moment unless his account have been banded or what not...but if you others could look him up and aren't able to pull him up let me know...but the admin from get have removed my other two that were found...

his profile's still there. if all you're seeing is his photo, age, role & location... he's blocked you. i double checked with my babygirl's account & she's able to see the entire profile, which means the spunk trumpet blocked me too.

even if you can't view the writings & report those, there's still the "report user" function

crimsin
Unveiling
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 25th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 2608

all I can see is his profile and I just barely opened an account there to see what's up sigh

MagicVisionz
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 3rd July 2015

Quote of the day "People who steal poems, dont have a life...
                            They wish they can live yours... because it's better"

Mastersgdgurl
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th July 2014

Yes I know but I was being sneaky I have another account to make sure he doesn't post more and to keep an eye on...I havent made that one known to this guy...thats how I am keeping it looked at

Go to page:
Go to: