Go to page:

Have Your Poems Been stolen too?

Savaja
Dangerous Mind
United States 11awards
Joined 30th June 2014
Forum Posts: 186

I hate the idea of my poem being all jumbled up, so I left him a comment expressing how I'd take his actions as a compliment and then proceeded to post the original poem as well as links to DUP and All Poetry where it's published, and the YouTube link, of course, as he'd neglected the audio. I also encouraged him to feel free to post with proper acknowledgment at any time.

Mastersgdgurl
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th July 2014
Forum Posts: 194

I agree

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

hopefully the admin at fetlife take plago's seriously.I've found, over the last couple of years that plago's are kind of mentally retarded, they believe they wrote what they stole and will fight tooth and nail to keep them.

posting links on their comment box is a good move, at least the members can  see whats going on.

definitely talk to the admin. try not to be angry or threatening, just say it like it is  

MagicVisionz
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 3rd July 2015
Forum Posts: 51

Thank you Mastersgdgurl... I reported him yesterday the frist time I saw my poems on his page. So far one been taking down... but the other poem remain. It sickens me that this loser would steal from me and claim its his. I treat my poems like my baby... I protect them... they are my heart and soul. A big thanks to a friend from here at Deep Underground told me about this loser. AntonDarkAngel took his poems too and my friend reported him. I hope the admin at FetLife would take down the other poem left on his page. The name of the poem the loser stole from me and changed the title is "The song of the shy person (to his love)" and the link: https://fetlife.com/users/1806520/posts/3084484#comments

The poem he used from me I wrote is "Can I" on my page. All he did was changed the title and switch a few words around to make it look like he wrote it.  If he been on Deep Underground, he might have copy someone else work too.

Lookawaynow
Rose
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 13awards
Joined 7th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 126

Yeah I've been down this sewage pipe of plagiarism before with many a fine piece taken
now i don't get all that bothered anymore
i know what's mine
if they want to come round and knock on my door to discuss about what's theirs and what's mine the're more than welcome
Though like the last good fellow who did,
well... let's just say I have a sharpened blade and room still under loverly flower bed

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Mastersgdgurl
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th July 2014
Forum Posts: 194

I looked at my switchblade and he did not change a damn thing except the title. Now I do think he has blocked me from viewing his account so I need to find out if he has taking more of mine

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

I can't understand why anyone would steal poetry. What goes on in a  poetry thief's mind?  I have never read anybody's poem and found it that amazing that I just had to steal it  and pen it in my name. Poet thieves aren't the most despicable scoundrels to a poet. They actually show a poet the influence and power of his words. A poet should always know the power of his words and influence. You know what is the most despicable scoundrels to a poet? A bitch poet. I hate bitch poets, with furious anger. Poets that don't allow fellow poets freedom to express their voice and creativity. They have to dismiss, destructively criticize, minimize, and berate a fellow poet's truth. Truth is where you are in life. And every body is at a different unique place, so it's all valid. Bitch poets don't write poetry because it comes from their soul, from an ache, or from an inspiration. Bitch poets write for attention. They critique for attention. They crave attention without end. Bitch poets are the lowest scum of pond douche. I don't respond, read, or acknowledge bitch poets. Does a lion talk to a hyena? But a bitch poet has his/her purpose, I suppose. A bitch poet can help elevate an average, mediocre poet to a noble poet position. Interestingly, a poet thief never steals from a bitch poet. Because a bitch recognizes a fellow bitch. Bitches don't steal from other bitches. They steal from kings and queens. And kings and queens are magnanimous and generous in property and courtesy. Don't be a bitch poet. Be a rich poet.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Take it as a compliment when somebody steals your poetry. Just like what Bo said, it shows the power and influence of your words. When somebody is making money off your piece, that's a totally different story though. The best thing you can do is register your collection of work with the US Libray of Congress to obtain copyright. It feels good to see your work sitting on one of the shelves in the library.

MagicVisionz
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 3rd July 2015

If AntonDarkAngel blocked you from his account... that's a guilty bitch move and he doesnt want you to see want else he have stole. The only way to see inside is with another secret account. If he still have your work... keep reporting him. Ooooh and you can try put him on blast letting everyone know there that he stole from you. In my eyes he's a fake poet... and that bastard dont know who he messing with... taking people's hard work. >:/

MagicVisionz
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 3rd July 2015

[quote-308605-MagicVisionz]If AntonDarkAngel blocked you from his account... that's a guilty bitch move and he doesnt want you to see want else he have stole. The only way to see inside is with another secret account. If he still have your work... keep reporting him. Ooooh and you can try put him on blast letting everyone know there that he stole from you. In my eyes he's a fake poet... and that bastard dont know who he messing with... taking people's hard work.

"This liar, this thief,
this man who has stolen
dreams that people have
worked for a long hard
time to achieve. He
deserves the maximum
possible sentence."    -John Regan

dkzksaxxas_DanielX
DadaDoggyDannyKozakSaxfn
Tyrant of Words
United States 32awards
Joined 10th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 209

If some poor soul is so lame that they gotta put their name to someone else's Intellectual Property (that phrase always makes me laugh), they should be pitied. You'go'head'on, 'steal' My Shit, I dare ye........Ha....

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

If the plagiarist blocks you on your account there, just start posting your own "poems" in the form of announcements about how the other member is a plagiarist. Post one each day and flood the place with accusations--maybe then, the admin on the website will do something.

Blood_Merchant93
BeautifulManiac
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
Joined 30th June 2010
Forum Posts: 88

Yes. I remember when I first join DUpoetry a few years ago and within the first few months I got a message in my inbox from a girl telling me that one of her friends had stolen a few stanza's from one of my poems, added it to him poem and was calling it his. When I confronted him, he showed me what he had done with my poem stanza's, and when I told him what he had done was wrong and that he could of at least asked for my permission to use a part of one of my poems, he deleted the poem and apologised over and over again. That was the end of that. I've not had any more thieves as far as I know.

Savaja
Dangerous Mind
United States 11awards
Joined 30th June 2014
Forum Posts: 186

MadameLavender said:If the plagiarist blocks you on your account there, just start posting your own "poems" in the form of announcements about how the other member is a plagiarist. Post one each day and flood the place with accusations--maybe then, the admin on the website will do something.

I believe, mayhap, if you post your proof along with your original piece, tis possible some change may occur.

I know others have had many more poems stolen so this example may be more or less efficacious depending upon this. Here is our exchange:

Erotica | 2 Comments · 1 Loves It | 20 days ago Antondarkangel wrote:

Utterly undone am I

You entice
My mind
With words
Provocative

I lose control
Clench
Drenched
Spasm
Internally
scream

As you speak
Detonating
in my mind

penetrating
Deep
So
Deep
Steeping me
In you

Elegance
Not melancholy
no
Rather,
lyrical
Seductive sound

I think I might orgasm
Simply from your words
You bring me
Shuddering
I've lost control
My
Train's
Derailed
Utterly
undone am I

You must enjoy me thus
For you continue
To do this
Knowing
My weakness
Knowing
How easily I
succumb to you
(Like this)
Knowing...

A glance
Across
A
Crowded
Venue
You mouth
a word
I read your lips
You watch
comprehension
And everything that
comes with that

You look eminently
satisfied
And
Hungry
You know
Precisely
What you've done

When you make
your way to me
I'm leaning
against a pillar
Unable to
stand upright
My legs are weak
and trembling
You've done this with
your look and word

I manage, but barely,
to appear cool, poised,
leaning against this pillar
nonchalantly as though
I'm in control
I'm not
I'm blazing
I've musky nectar
slipping betwixt my thighs
I'm disheveled
Bedeviled
By you
You know it too

You grin
That ravening
Straining
The thin veneer
You've donned
Tonight

This
Thing
Between us
Defies logic,
Thought,
And,
Yes,
Even your words,
Ultimately

In the end,
Though your mind
Fascinates
Holds sway
Penetrates mine
Elicits cries of
Divine

In the end,
There's just this
Two souls
Entwined...

2 Comments (leave comment)
savaja: about 8 hours ago
Fascinating, luv, this. I'll accept this as tribute to the indomitable prowess of my pen. ;-p I rather wonder what other distorted and altered tidbits I might find... ; - I shall have to go seeking, shan't I, luv? :-
savaja: about 4 hours ago
You're welcome to borrow it, luv, in its original state, with proper acknowledgment. I mean, there's audio as well... ;-*

Your mind

You entice
My mind
Spice vocabulary
With words evocative
Provocative

I lose control
Clench
Drenched
Spasm
Internally scream

All you hear
Is the barest
Trace
Not even a whimper
Barely a sigh
Sloughing past
Parted lips

As you speak
Erudite discourse
Detonating
in my mind
Shrapnel
penetrating
Deep
So
Deep
Steeping me
In you

In elegiac
Elegance
Not melancholy, no
Rather, lyrical
Seductive sound
Reductive
Eductive

I think I might orgasm
Simply from your words
You bring me
Shuddering
I've lost control
My
Train's
Derailed
Utterly undone am I

You must enjoy me thus
For you continue
To do this
Knowing
My weakness
Knowing
How easily I succumb to you
(Like this)
Knowing...

A glance
Across
A
Crowded
Venue
You mouth a word
I read your lips
You watch comprehension
And everything that comes with that
Cross my face
Suffuse my body

You look eminently satisfied
And
Hungry
You know
Precisely
What you've done

When you make your way to me
I'm leaning against a pillar
Unable to stand upright
My legs are weak and trembling
You've done this with your look and word

I manage, but barely, to appear cool, poised, leaning against this pillar nonchalantly as though I'm in control
I'm not
I'm blazing
I've musky nectar slipping betwixt my thighs
I'm disheveled
Bedeviled
By you
You know it too

You grin
That ravening
Straining
The thin veneer
You've donned
Tonight

This
Thing
Between us
Defies logic,
Thought,
And,
Yes,
Even your words,
Ultimately

So...
You say,
We'd better leave
Yes, I say
Now, you say
Mmm, I say

In the end,
Though your mind
Fascinates
Holds sway
Penetrates mine
Elicits cries
Divine

In the end,
There's just this
Two souls
And
Us animals
Mammals
Entwined...

Written by Savaja
Published 4th July 2015 5:07am
likes 21 reading list entries 3 comments 27 reads 389
Edit Edit Multimedia
Profile Author's Profile Poems By Author
All writing remains the property of the author. Don't use it for any purpose without their permission.

Can be found at Deep Underground Poetry and All Poetry
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/209440-your-
http://allpoetry.com/poem/11903540-Your-mind-by-Sav

Audio of Your mind is on YouTube at http://youtu.be/_mpV9sLIJcc

« pervnext »
NEXT: gentle hands Binding mine.
ADS BY FETLIFE

1 LOVES IT Love this writing?

WRITING411
20 days ago
2 Comments
Report Writing
PRIVACY
FetLifers

He's since removed it. I have no idea why he's not blocked me. I've since been searching through his quite extensive catalog of poetry. He's over 1,000 poems he's claiming. I keep finding poems by more people here.

Bo, I take your point, luv; here's the thing, though: this art is personal, deep, coming from one's very essence it feels. To have it not just stolen, but distorted and massacred as well, and for what, to serve another who's saying to women on this site: I've written this especially for you because I want you to know how special you are to me. Blech! I cannot abide it. Not if I can do somewhat about it.

Mayhap, if the poem massacre wasn't occurring. Mayhap, if the misleading of these women wasn't happening - and that's even more important on a site like fetlife where meeting a liar could put one in serious peril.

Hmmm...

I had rather more to say on this matter than I'd thought. Forgive me for going on and on. I'll cease now.

Go to page:
Go to: