Go to page:

Addiction theory

DavidChthonian
Lost Thinker
United States 1awards
Joined 27th June 2015
Forum Posts: 8

I can't help but think of the 1962 classic, "Days Of Wine And Roses." Worth a watch if you believe the answer to addiction is a companion.

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

http://www.addictionz.com/types-of-addictions/

I myself know a few people, including myself who have been hooked on beastiality, at one time or another. Insanity is the opposite of sanitous, which means wholeness. Wholeness is a decision. I am whole. Are you?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

bestiality ..what kinda animals did you fuck ?  ..not judging, just curious

poet Anonymous

Duncan said:Insanity is the opposite of sanitous, which means wholeness. Wholeness is a decision. I am whole. Are you?

... well, no. Because if sanity is wholeness, if I was sanely whole, I wouldn't need to make a conscious decision to persue an addiction to Alcohol. Addiction is a need, not a choice. So no, I'm not whole. Maybe that is why I drink. (Though I'm pretty damn dry these days, little slip ups excused)

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

We decide we're not whole. If we were whole, we wouldn't need to drink.
(I'm not saying that deciding to be whole is a substitute for meetings etc, if your an alcoholic. I'm saying that you won't do any of that stuff because you've decided your not worth it.)

But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?
--Albert Camus

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

that's an interesting theory. much better than the original 'you need a buddy' one

fair play, Duncan  

poet Anonymous

Miss_Sub said:if I was sanely whole, I wouldn't need to make a conscious decision to persue an addiction to Alcohol.

Duncan said:We decide we're not whole. If we were whole, we wouldn't need to drink.

... that's exactly what I just said, dude

Jonny212
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 72

I don't know how to feel about addiction. I grew up a loner and I can see how that could play a role in the choices I make. I see  lucid imagery in my mind. I've never  known how something so good could be bad enough to make you a slave to delusion. Yesterday I got so zoned  out that I didn't  think about anything.  I then listened to music, I went to a bar and watched deadmau5 play to hard rap.
 I listened to music and found myself writing.
people always gave me a bad vibe.  I like being with friends but I only have a couple of those. I can see the correlation of loneliness playing a role in addiction. I believe that actual friends can make trips into a productive experience, just making me want the friendship.
 Most of my writing is stuff that I have done depressed.  Then I tried different drugs and saw different results to my writing.  Pot makes me write randomly,  snow makes me want to write during my crash, usually about my morality and life in a morbid way, Molly and X makes me question everything, yet I am happy. Either way I'm  not strong, and I find my self in this forum not even adding a valid opinion. Addiction to me is probably based on the individual with factors of life playing a role as well. I just wanted to talk to some people because I'm feeling a bit lonely. ..lol

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

If anything you have provided valuable insight Jonny, as you have shared your experiences with drugs. Though I have a few things to rework your words/thoughts.
1. Being a loner or alone is not a bad thing, it is better to be true to yourself than lie to the masses. (As self-truthfulness/falseness makes you, but lying to masses can unmake countries and the world.)
2. Having an addiction may not mean you are strong, but admitting it definitely does.
3. Not liking groups of people or people in general, as opposed to intimate and close relations with individual, does not mean loneliness. But thinking it is loneliness, of not gelling with most random strangers, may well drive people away from others and into drugs. - Of using drugs to fulfil a 'need' that normal society calls for but is not actually that useful to a few people.
Pardon my words if they seem a bit too psycho-analytical, I'll remove the hat and beard now, plus number 3 was not specifically aimed at you Jonny.

Yeah that's enough guff for one post.

gazellemon
Bradley J
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 372

I also saw this video and was intrigued. As someone who has a history of trauma and addiction I can definitely relate to the what this video is claiming. I have often wondered why has my drug use been so different from my friends.. if drugs are just chemically addictive does that just mean I have no willpower? Perhaps.   On a regular basis I feel as if I have a void in my life, a need that is never satisfied. Love, relationships, hobbies all attempt to insert themselves into my life and keep my attention, but a lot of the time they don't compare to getting high in my addicted brain.  I personally have turned to mediation to try and find happiness inside myself but I can't help but think if I only could get high, I would be happy. If only for a moment.  

I hope you can't relate.

ChipSpice
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 3rd Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 3

Everyone is addicted to one thing or another, whether it be drugs, alcohol, food, sex, Game of Thrones... There is a theory, I cannot recall where I heard it from, that the only way to beat one addiction is to become addicted to something else. That is why alcoholics go to meetings. Instead of drinking alcohol and being addicted, they drink coffee and become gradually addicted. That is the way of things, I suppose.

Go to page:
Go to: