Go to page:

Confederate Flag

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

JohnnyBlaze said:[quote-306150-Atehequa]
Before -

"I have lived most of my life with very little money.
And when I had extra money, I gave to reservations to help ease the hardship brought about by winter. To have a functioning furnace and fuel in a tank can make a huge difference for a struggling family, the disabled or an elder"

After -

"Those people will be sterilized when I become President"

Either infected with evil spirits or desperately attempting to get this thread closed, or probably both. Extremely sad, but hopefully this person will heal and find balance.

Protect your spirit while in a place where spirits get eaten.

Anyone who blindly assumes I made a joke about sterilizing Indians, please join Atahequa on the right side of the forum.

Everyone who actually read the entire thread and comprehends I made a joke about sterilizing people who are prejudiced against Indians, please report to the left side of the forum.

[/quote]

Good catch, on those first words I thought better of a bit later. So what you said is now a joke.

Okay its a joke, Johnny. Thanks for the uplifting humor.

Alright everyone, listen up! Please get on one side or another, but I don't know why.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

The concept of flags or banners goes back tens of thousands of years from a buck's antlered skull hanging upon a pole over some prehistoric village to this controversy regarding the Confederate flag. A symbolic representation of who a people or nation are along with what they do be it good or bad. Somebody mentioned the burning of all flags and I wonder as far as humans are concerned, is the destroying of such symbolism for good humanly possible?

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

i've got a dog that doesn't care what color you are
i trust his judgement
he will bite you if you are a dick no matter what

yall talk too much

PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 209

Atehequa said:The concept of flags or banners goes back tens of thousands of years from a buck's antlered skull hanging upon a pole over some prehistoric village to this controversy regarding the Confederate flag. A symbolic representation of who a people or nation are along with what they do be it good or bad. Somebody mentioned the burning of all flags and I wonder as far as humans are concerned, is the destroying of such symbolism for good humanly possible?

Liquor Prohibition in the 1920s was a failure because citizens resorted to making their own. Even if the Confederate Flag was made illegal to possess, citizens would likewise manufacture their own. You cannot outlaw idiocy; it will always exist to varying degrees. And there will always be higher concentrations of it within a(ny) system of government.

Flags just make it easier for us to recognize who the idiots are.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

johnrot said:i've got a dog that doesn't care what color you are
i trust his judgement

yall talk too much

I've got something for biting dogs.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Why do you bite dogs ?   Never mind. You  Injuns and your zany traditions.

are we to understand injuns were some kind of magical beings who never done nothin' on nobody. did you know Injuns killed scores of buffalo  .. sometimes whole herds  just to catch a handful.  ..drove them off a cliff  ..how barbaric and wasteful

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

lepperochan said:Why do you bite dogs ?   Never mind. You  Injuns and your zany traditions.

are we to understand injuns were some kind of magical beings who never done nothin' on nobody. did you know Injuns killed scores of buffalo  .. sometimes whole herds  just to catch a handful.  ..drove them off a cliff  ..how barbaric and wasteful

Every family, tribe, society, government, etc has its rotten apples. Government usually moreso than the others. No group is perfect.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

johnrot said:i've got a dog that doesn't care what color you are
i trust his judgement

yall talk too much

No shit, huh, John?  And now the Dukes of Hazzard are gonna have to repaint the roof of the  "General Lee" to get the damn flag off.

*shakes head*

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 225

MadameLavender said:[quote-306166-johnrot]i've got a dog that doesn't care what color you are
i trust his judgement

yall talk too much

No shit, huh, John?  And now the Dukes of Hazzard are gonna have to repaint the roof of the  "General Lee" to get the damn flag off.

*shakes head*[/quote]

They'll have to pixel blur every episode when it comes out on DVD and BlueRay.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

some people think Hugo Boss is a symbol of racism. and Ford

don't forget the Atlanta Black crackers, I mean you think redskins is bad. how about blackcrackers ...do you know what that means ! happy $th of July!

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013
Forum Posts: 654

This is going to make me sound like a backwoods redneck but I don't care. I'll still fly my rebel flag with pride. Every flag has their areas of shame, but this one is more about pride in where we're from. Not racism. My school is predominantly black, and I get along with them just fine! We're all mutts anyway. Can't take away my Southern pride!

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Spare a thought for the planets, especially Mars, with earth flaunting its seas and blue-green-ness all in space. Why such a thing should not be allowed and we should scour the earth to a blackened husk in respect for everywhere else not earth-like.

*Warning. Contains high amounts of sarcasm. Do not apply directly or ingest more than 5 a day.*

xXJezzzikahDawnXx
Jessica Dawn
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 4th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 91

Alright, so I am a bit late on this discussion considering we are six pages in, but it seems as if everyone isn't really up for the debate anymore. Of course the Confederate Flag is under a lot of scrutiny right now due to the deaths of 9 black people in South Carolina, because Dylann Roof was declared to be a white supremacist and his reason for killing was simply because of their race. It was considered to be a hate crime, which is true.

It is interesting to see how many people are now obsessed with their confederate flags. Being from West Virginia myself, which can still technically be considered the south depending on who you are talking to (find a redneck and you will understand that), I have seen many declare their love for the Confederate flag and claim that it represents "heritage" rather than "hate/racism." I personally don't see its need, because we relate it to things other than heritage... not sure why you would be so proud of that heritage either.

Another thing that I have seen that fascinates me is how the Confederate flag has been compared to the U.S Flag. I think most are now aware of the mass genocide that took place. Thousands upon thousands of Native Americans were killed and forced onto reservations, which moved people from their home lands and even put enemy tribes closer together. We converted them to our "religions" and tried to change them because they were not "civilized." We destroyed homes, killed people for absolutely no reason except to gain land, destroyed languages, etc etc. Being that we created America on this would make some (though of course that is hardly acknowledged) find it offensive.

I am not sure if this was what you were talking about exactly, Atehequa, but that is what I thought of after reading your first initial post. I do not believe the Confederate flag will be banned. It is highly unlikely that that will ever happen. I think it is silly to think that banning the flag will end racism or erase the fact that white supremacy (or any supremacy) still exists in those that refuse to see the light and remain blinded by the ignorance that one race is better than another. Bias exists in everyone. Whether it be about race, religion, etcetera.

fred_r_kane
Flat line---------------
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2010
Forum Posts: 206

Before anyone not of the South comes jumping down on this issue, I'd advise they first listen to Drive By Truckers' Southern Rock Opera. While the music is playing, read the little booklet that accompanies the two disk set.  

Particular tracks of interest: Ronnie and Neil, The Three Great Alabama Icons,   and Wallace.  I'm not saying this album justifies the rebel flag, I'm saying it's an intelligent look into the white southern working class mindset.  

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Last week in Tunisia some guy shot 38 people to death on a beach full of holiday makers. There was no flag flown, the dead were predominately white and the gun man was an off white colour  

Some people hail Erny and Burt from Sesame street as gay icons. Sesame street released a statement recently saying " the puppets were friends ..just good friends"  but people will still see them as gay icons

Movements take symbols and make them their own. What does the swastika mean to you when you see it ? a far cry from the symbol of peace it once was, no doubt

People see metaphorical glasses in different states of empty-ness or fullness, a flag isn't much different.

take the flag of north America. Some people in this day and age ( never mind thousands of years ago ) will see the stars and stripes fluttering from outposts in their sandy neighbourhoods and cry from the overwhelming gratitude welling up in their liberated throats. gratitude for the acts of selflessness by jet fighter pilots and navy personel. gratitude  that a government thousands of miles away cares enough about them to visit and siphon off their resources

then again, maybe when the late great Elvis sang Dixie land he was giving two fat fingers to cotton picking ghosts

Go to page:
Go to: