Go to page:

Confederate Flag

poet Anonymous

Atehequa said:[quote-306005-HollyDove]everybody kick the jukebox and boombox off and go listen to some shaman music on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMOOHV_OSg

But it is the traditional songs that have power -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD40vXlXYu0[/quote]

Thank you. the vocals are great, but what really frees my spirit are the flutes breathing in at 4.00 minutes into the song. I could listen to that all night and day.

Peace.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

HollyDove said:

Thank you. the vocals are great, but what really frees my spirit are the flutes breathing in at 4.00 minutes into the song. I could listen to that all night and day.

Peace.

You're suppose to be sleeping at night, Silly Goose.

* thumps Holly on the noggin with Medicine Stick *

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

edead said:I got and get your point. It's also true that the stars and stripes flew over a country that enslave blacks for almost 100 years whereas the stars and bars was only around for four. Your point is very valid. What bothers me about it is that EVERYONE agrees that what the US did to indigenous people was horrible we(as a country) do nothing towards making amends.

Exactly. That was more or less the point I was attempting to make. In America here of late so much of a controversy has been raised regarding the Confederate battle flag by people who either deny or are clueless to what atrocities were carried out by some of those who carried the stars and stripes. They called it manifest destiny, but many of us refer to it as the long darkness. If amends were made there would be compensation for broken treaties, those whose original sense of being were seriously altered by government sponsored Christian mission boarding schools and Leonard Peltier would be a free man by now.

To those who claim NDNs have it so good with all these modern conveniences of foreign technology do not take into consideration the price we have paid for some five hundred years in attaining them.

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:[quote-306015-HollyDove]

Peace.

You're suppose to be sleeping at night, Silly Goose.

* thumps Holly on the noggin with Medicine Stick *[/quote]

The Indian flutes put me to sleep last night. Much more kindly than your "knockout" medicine stick. *Shaking shaman bells at Blaze*

:P

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Atehequa said:Exactly. That was more or less the point I was attempting to make. In America here of late so much of a controversy has been raised regarding the Confederate battle flag by people who either deny or are clueless to what atrocities were carried out by some of those who carried the stars and stripes. They called it manifest destiny, but many of us refer to it as the long darkness. If amends were made there would be compensation for broken treaties, those whose original sense of being were seriously altered by government sponsored Christian mission boarding schools and Leonard Peltier would be a free man by now.

To those who claim NDNs have it so good with all these modern conveniences of foreign technology do not take into consideration the price we have paid for some five hundred years in attaining them.

Those people will be sterilized when I become President.

And their Internet access will be restricted to Amazon.com only.

Savaja
Dangerous Mind
United States 11awards
Joined 30th June 2014
Forum Posts: 186

Johnny Blaze, luv, I implore you, please cease this now.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Savaja said:Johnny Blaze, luv, I implore you, please cease this now.

Cease what? Having a sense of humor while stating opinions?

Did you read the entire topic? Or are you also cherry picking what to comment on?

Allow me to quickly recap.

[recap]Johnny Blaze has yet to dispute anything Atehequa has brought to our attention.[/recap]

There.

Atehequa has stated the facts rather eloquently. Everything he has said regarding the subject he has proposed is true.

Native Americans, Indians, NDNS, Indigenous Folk, call them what you will ( personally I call them people and especially where I live, neighbor) .....

..... have been systematically fucked over for 500 years by the U.S. government.

And if some form of U.S. government endorsed reconciliation would help expedite the healing between them and "White Men", I'm all for it. The sooner the better.

Is the U.S. flag a symbol of oppression to them? Why wouldn't it be?

Why it will continue to be a symbol of oppression in 2015 the Present and beyond into the Future, the reasons of which are likely rooted in the distant rather than recent Past, is clearly not a subject tangent open for examination and discussion. We would not want to shatter the conception that said Peoples did not have any influence in creating their own fate. Way back then. Since then. Now.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions regarding my involvement in this topic.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

While listening to the traditional songs,
it is enlightening to study the musical instruments created by the original americans:
http://orgs.usd.edu/nmm/AmericanIndigenous/Checklist.html

Anarchitect
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 21st Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 105

Here's a newsflash for you all you PEOPLE.

Those in this country most likely to use their station in U.S. Govt. to abuse African Americans, Muslims, Indians and so forth simply just because they are racist shitstains ARE the ASSHOLES currently pitching a bitchyfit about the suppression of their precious Confederate flag.

Help purge the goddam Confederate flag from our society to the point it can only be found in a museum and you are at least one step closer to getting the American flag redesigned into something Indians can finally be happy with.

In the very least, it would be a victory against the descendants of ASSHOLES who raped North America and begat more die hard flag waving racist shitstain ASSHOLES.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

Before -

"I have lived most of my life with very little money.
And when I had extra money, I gave to reservations to help ease the hardship brought about by winter. To have a functioning furnace and fuel in a tank can make a huge difference for a struggling family, the disabled or an elder"

After -

"Those people will be sterilized when I become President"

Extremely sad, but hopefully this person will heal and find balance, or at least a not so steep sided path.

Protect your spirit while in a place where spirits get eaten.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

An eigth to a quarter of a million civilians were needlessly incerated and untold others were poisoned with radiation in Japan by the US government.

In case anyone cares.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

Magnetron said:An eigth to a quarter of a million civilians were needlessly incerated and untold others were poisoned with radiation in Japan by the US government.

In case anyone cares.

An equally horrific event. My father who fought the Japanese during WWII thought it was terribly wrong and was devoid of honor. Yet it was the imperialistic Japanese who inflicted horrible atrocities upon people in China,southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands while attempting empire. Greed and the desire to rule the world has blighted both humanity and mother earth since the dawn of civilization.

In the six decades of my being, I've not experienced a decade where this nation has not been at war with others.

“The Great Lie is that it is ‘civilization’. It’s not civilized, it has been literally the most bloodthirsty brutalizing system ever imposed upon this planet. That is NOT civilization that’s the great lie.The great lie is that it represents ‘CIVILIZATION.’ That’s the great lie, or if it does represent civilization and it’s truly what civilization is; then the great lie is that civilization is good for us."

John Trudell, Santee Dakota activist and poet.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

Perhaps what separates us from the beasts is not such a good thing.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Atehequa said:
Before -

"I have lived most of my life with very little money.
And when I had extra money, I gave to reservations to help ease the hardship brought about by winter. To have a functioning furnace and fuel in a tank can make a huge difference for a struggling family, the disabled or an elder"

After -

"Those people will be sterilized when I become President"

Either infected with evil spirits or desperately attempting to get this thread closed, or probably both. Extremely sad, but hopefully this person will heal and find balance.

Protect your spirit while in a place where spirits get eaten.

Anyone who blindly assumes I made a joke about sterilizing Indians, please join Atahequa on the right side of the forum.

Everyone who actually read the entire thread and comprehends I made a joke about sterilizing people who are prejudiced against Indians, please report to the left side of the forum.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6694

Civilization is not the cessation of barbaric acts, but of fixing the problems caused by past acts of barbarism. It is the point of not suppressing the beast and chaining it up, but giving it somewhere protected to live.

Additional: threads do not have sides, only lists of past words.

Go to page:
Go to: