Go to page:

Confederate Flag

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

Surely by now millions of people all over the world have heard/seen news of Dylann Roof a self described white supremacist who killed nine Black people as they prayed in that South Carolina church. A photo of Roof shows him holding a confederate battle flag. It is a good thing this symbol of white supremacy is being shit canned,however there is another flag which to some of us is even more offensive than the confederate flag. The flag I'm referring to was carried by entire armies of white supremacists as they cheated, attacked, killed or removed and subjugated thousands upon thousands of non-white indigenous tribal people since the late 18th century.

I seriously doubt that flag will be removed.

Savaja
Dangerous Mind
United States 11awards
Joined 30th June 2014
Forum Posts: 186

Ahhh, Atehequa, luv ~ :-*

What a profound and devastating point you raise. The flag you discuss has much weighty symbology; certainly, to many it would come as a shock that there are those native to America who find it a painful and horrific reminder of past atrocities and present oppression.

These dialogues, difficult as they may be, are worth having. Awareness of any oppression is the first step towards any potential for change...

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Turn it into ashes!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

flags don't kill people, but they act as a magnet for psychos.  

(I thought the confederate flag was already banned from flying in Carolina  ..or banned from being sold)

point being, it's people that kill people not flags.

will there be a war on flags now ? that's only gonna hurt the 3 year old Chinese laborers who make them when they're finished making our runners and jeans.

I guess if they stop making the flags the jeans might be better quality  

white supremacist ..the state of the little cunt. give him a quick trial and the chair instead of the huge circus that's gonna come to town

...America

how can people be offended by a flag ? some colours on piece of cloth. at least when people gather under a flag you kinda know what they're ideals and intentions are.

flags that have flown in times of mass murder

UK

French

Spanish

Portuguese

American

Japanese

Chinese

Russian

American

etc

etc

take offence from a flag and you might as well lock yourself in a room and never come out of it  

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

lepperochan said:flags don't kill people, but they act as a magnet for psychos.  

(I thought the confederate flag was already banned from flying in Carolina  ..or banned from being sold)

point being, it's people that kill people not flags.

will there be a war on flags now ? that's only gonna hurt the 3 year old Chinese laborers who make them when their finished making our runners and jeans. I guess if they stop making the flags the jeans might be better quality  

white supremacist ..the state of the little cunt. give him a quick trial and the chair instead of the huge circus that's gonna come to town

...America

Went right over your head like a soaring buzzard.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

ditto

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

I'm trying to imagine a world without racism. A world where there's only white people, would be boring and devoid of any rhythm. A world where there's only black people, there would
never be any peace and quiet and too much baby mama drama. A world where there's only Asians, there would be too much fighting and killing, people will be constantly fighting in the streets, drop kicking each other over frivolous disputes. Each race has flaws, and each race has its grace. There's beauty in each race. A world without diversity would be boring. We must have the pursuit of happiness (for all) in common.

buddydog
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 5th May 2015
Forum Posts: 93

To remove or ban the confederate flag doesn't solve the problem of hate.

Hate knows now boundaries. White, black, red, brown, yellow skinned people have all committed acts of violence out of hatred towards innocent people. All races of people are racist to some degree. If you don't agree then drop the stone you're holding in your hand.

Just think, all the time, energy and hate being spent on this one issue by both sides. Wouldn't it be a lot more effective if we spent our time and energy teaching each other how to love, respect and forgive one another.

So today while you're on your soapbox either for or against a "flag". Why don't you just step down and offer your neighbor or enemy a hand in friendship and love.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

....hippies

m_abbott1999
Madi
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 2nd Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 509

Banning banners is banned in 'Merica- but all that is changing now. Grave times we're in. Nasty, retched times.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

i have no idear why people shoot at me just because i raise one of my longest finger and fold the others into a fist

poet Anonymous

Look at it this way. . .in 15 Minutes, who's going to care??

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

Although titled "Confederate Flag" I was referring to how many of us indigenous people regard the stars and stripes as a symbol of hate.

m_abbott1999
Madi
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 2nd Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 509

I think it makes more sense to regard the shitty people as symbols of hate. Nothing to do with a flag.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

Of course I don't expect all that many non-indigenous people here to agree let alone comprehend. These replies kind of shows me where and to whom I am posting this.

Go to page:
Go to: