United States 3awards
Joined 6th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 578

I'm in.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Poetryman said:I hope this new version isn't going to determine that I use a tablet with Windows RT and decide I'm using a cell phone and then force feed me a stripped down mobile version of the website. I have stopped using websites I used to frequent because they don't look or operate the same. My iPad mini can fool those websites by using a different browser, but I can't find a browser app for Windows RT that will do that. The iPad mini is too small for me to use and Microsoft isn't allowing browser apps that will. I really hope you are not going to create a mobile version of the site that forces mobile browsers to switch over to it. Please don't do that...

JJ

It will be the same website for all devices, how things are arranged on the page will be different depending on the width of the screen (resolution) you are using. So if the screen isn't as wide, there will be more scrolling down required to see all the content. The only thing the mobile display won't have is the "online now" panel on the left side (online members can be viewed on the "Poets" page anyway). Tablet screen resolutions, however, will have this "online now" panel.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Sorry for the delay on contacting the first round of testers, this will be happening very soon. A few things came up during the last few weeks but I'm now back to full speed in continuing my developments on the test site.

fieryangelsouljia
M6rr6g6n
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 30th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 263

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!!!! wait, how do i sign up?

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Thanks I'll be in touch with volunteers shortly, live release planned for the beginning of July.

Danii
Tyrant of Words
United States 5awards
Joined 27th Oct 2011
Forum Posts: 5152

I have my iphone 4
and I'd love to test it on that since Im hardly at home these days
Count me in

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

i'm in............

LordCreepy
Colten_Sorrells
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 29th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 51

Hmm... Count me in

gazellemon
Bradley J
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 372

I love technology and would love to help test if you need more people!

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

I think I've now contacted everyone in this thread who expressed an interest in beta testing. If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Hi everyone,

We're only a couple of days away from release now so I wanted to open this up for anyone else who might want to preview the new look DU Poetry website. The beta website can be found here:
http://mobile.deepundergroundpoetry.com/

Please log in with your usual credentials. The beta website uses the same database so any changes you make will be reflected on the main website. This means you can use the new beta site for all your usual DU Poetry activities right up until release. It can be used on all devices; mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop.

At this stage I'm only interested in hearing about bugs or usability issues (for example, if the layout makes it difficult to navigate to a particular page on a mobile device), new feature suggestions won't be dealt with at this time.

Please raise any issues (selecting "private" question) here http://mobile.deepundergroundpoetry.com/askquestion/

To keep up to date with the latest news about the release please follow DU on facebook or Twitter

https://twitter.com/dupoetry
https://www.facebook.com/DUpoetry

Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 1awards
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2144

Mucho gracias, mi Webmistess. You're consistant, persistant, love, attention to detail and allegorically disinclined, fallaciously, flumoxably, flim, flam, fla-goggedly, uninterrupted, perch, via which you whisk the wire that is attenuously attuned to the simpering soggogedry that is our inner-most... minglings... yes, I think I'll call them... minglings that reverberate, with ever so conciously convoluted quibbles, is, appreciated.

DukeDeltree
Duke Deltree
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 15

Thank you Mistress for your efforts.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

i like the new graphical user interface where a reader can
visit  a scene such as containing a pic of a peach

then a worm crawls out and reads a poem.

then i am in a spiderweb and make the spider run to  a fly that just

got caught and a poem  spills out following the web i
reach a poem
i  can reinforce the connection with my spider web mwker
or clip it with my mandible
if i feel a connection to another poem i can make a spidey  web
strand to that other poem out there to  sharr with others

if they like my connection they can click to strrngthen it.

poet Anonymous

I am on the site now and all the print is tiny..cant read a thing.... only found this as the link was the last message in my inbox..help :(

Go to page:
Go to: