Go to page:

DU is Getting Responsive

Ghoulie
Just G
Fire of Insight
10awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 920

lepperochan said:[quote-301306-admin] In light of that I was only able to send the recent installment to the last 2000 people who logged in [/color]

will the new responsive version be applicable no matter what browser I use :  Chrome, Explorer, oprah Opera etc ?[/quote]

Oprah =/= Opera

FIFY :-D

kymkym65
Kym
Dangerous Mind
United States 6awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 1369

We are  here to support you however we can.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

lepperochan said:
will the new responsive version be applicable no matter what browser I use :  Chrome, Explorer, oprah etc ?

Yes it should look and work the same across all browsers. That's why I need people to help me test, because I wouldn't be able to try every device, operating system, browser, browser version and screen size myself.

Plus most DU pages have optional elements, i.e. look different to non-members, members, moderators, an author viewing their own poem etc. There are so many variables

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

kymkym65 said:We are  here to support you however we can.
Awesome. Thank you

stormiwyndz
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 17th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 28

I'll test for you mistress. I love and breathe this site anyway! I would spend every day, all day here if I could!

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

admin said:New and improved DU Poetry website launching soon...

In the coming weeks I'll need volunteers to start using the new version.

I have a rather large mac and mini tablet device to volenteer... damn, love it when you get all techno on us.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I don't mind helping out with testing. I have, PC, Laptop, Mobile and Tab.

RosieTheGothicKat
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 4th Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 3

i don't mind helping test either :3 i have a Samsung Galaxy tablet, laptop and also a school computer it can be tested on  

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

Count me in...

Savaja
Dangerous Mind
United States 11awards
Joined 30th June 2014
Forum Posts: 186

I am at your service as well, Webmistress, luv. :-*

Laptop, tablet, Kindle, BlackBerry phone and playbook... okay, there's a mélange. :-p All the better to test vagaries, though.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Thanks for the volunteers. I have been continuing my work on this.

I shall be contacting a few people in the next few days to get some testing started, and then open it up to everyone at some point next week.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

If you're still looking for people to test things...I wouldn't mind helping.

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

I hope this new version isn't going to determine that I use a tablet with Windows RT and decide I'm using a cell phone and then force feed me a stripped down mobile version of the website. I have stopped using websites I used to frequent because they don't look or operate the same. My iPad mini can fool those websites by using a different browser, but I can't find a browser app for Windows RT that will do that. The iPad mini is too small for me to use and Microsoft isn't allowing browser apps that will. I really hope you are not going to create a mobile version of the site that forces mobile browsers to switch over to it. Please don't do that...

JJ

Go to page:
Go to: