Go to page:

DU is Getting Responsive

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

For the attention of super boss lady bestest web developer in the world...

umm.... I am undecided if this is meant to be or not...
If you look at Darksighs lovely piece here...

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/210585-cosmic-perfection/

On my laptop, the whole page becomes italic from the first line of the poem down... even the forum topics.

I first thought "cool" then thought, "should that be"?

PsychicApocalypse
Darker Half
Dangerous Mind
Belize 30awards
Joined 5th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1483

I'm really digging the new DUP Website...

it makes it look more refine and more like a literature and poetry themed site than a social media site.
This is some great work Webmistress!!.

Lena-underneath
Fire of Insight
United States 8awards
Joined 14th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 71

Dear Webmistress: My favorite feature here was the 'Latest Poems" button. Not sure if the procedure of feature changed, but when I click on the button, nothing happens. The list of new poems no longerappears. Does this mean in order to see the latest poems, I would have to click on each poem category? Thanks

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Lena-underneath said:Dear Webmistress: My favorite feature here was the 'Latest Poems" button. Not sure if the procedure of feature changed, but when I click on the button, nothing happens. The list of new poems no longerappears. Does this mean in order to see the latest poems, I would have to click on each poem category? Thanks
I cannot reproduce this issue, please let me know which "latest poems" button you're clicking and what happens when you press it. To my knowledge, we currently have one on the home page and one on the "poems" page. Thanks

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

RevolutionAL said:For the attention of super boss lady bestest web developer in the world...

umm.... I am undecided if this is meant to be or not...
If you look at Darksighs lovely piece here...

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/210585-cosmic-perfection/

On my laptop, the whole page becomes italic from the first line of the poem down... even the forum topics.

Thanks for reporting, I've partially fixed this, and working on the rest.

UPDATE: fixed now, so if people open a tag (for example to change the font or make poem text bold) and don't close it, it will have no effect. This ensures the code on the page is valid and not doing funny things.
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/question/624/

Lena-underneath
Fire of Insight
United States 8awards
Joined 14th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 71

admin said:
I cannot reproduce this issue, please let me know which "latest poems" button you're clicking and what happens when you press it. To my knowledge, we currently have one on the home page and one on the "poems" page. Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply. I was trying the "latest poem" button at the bottom of the "Poems" page.  When I pressed it, I waited to see the list of new poems, but nothing happened....All this happened on my desktop.

Just now from my mobile, I tried the " latest poems" on the home page and the list of new poems appeared. It worked from my mobile, but not my desktop.  

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

lepperochan said:Just noticed all the stats on my profile are interactive. ie   if I click on the number beside Members following i get a list of members following. ..how cool is that shit
Glad you like it I've added a few more useful links now and also made the links change colour on mouse over to show they're links.

JohnFeddeler
Tyrant of Words
United States 83awards
Joined 18th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 325

Lena-underneath said:

Thank you for the quick reply. I was trying the "latest poem" button at the bottom of the "Poems" page.  When I pressed it, I waited to see the list of new poems, but nothing happened....All this happened on my desktop.

Just now from my mobile, I tried the " latest poems" on the home page and the list of new poems appeared. It worked from my mobile, but not my desktop.  

I found that the 'latest poems' button doesn't work in Internet Explorer. it works in Mozilla Firefox...

Mastersgdgurl
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th July 2014
Forum Posts: 194

Having issues loading a photo to my poem? Any suggestions maybe

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

JohnFeddeler said:
I found that the 'latest poems' button doesn't work in Internet Explorer. it works in Mozilla Firefox...

Ahh.. good old Internet Explorer, the bane of all web developers.

Works fine on my version of IE. However, I've made a slight change anyway, so please let me know if that has done the trick.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

souladareatease said:I have to say I miss seeing the familiar odds and ends that used to fill up the screen but that's nostalgia talking.
Already this proves to be much easier to navigate with, my phone doesn't have to think to much- Quite the cats ass!!!
TY

RevolutionAL said:I am particularly fond of the new "Home" Profile page.

I like it lots and lots!

Thanks for doing that -x-

PsychicApocalypse said:I'm really digging the new DUP Website...

it makes it look more refine and more like a literature and poetry themed site than a social media site.
This is some great work Webmistress!!.

Thanks for the great comments Makes the months of work and the sleepless nights this week worth it

And thanks to the rest for feedback and issue reporting, I should have the remaining issues resolved before too long.

Spanker
Fire of Insight
Australia
Joined 3rd July 2013
Forum Posts: 15

looking good admin.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>
For both forum threads and private messages, it now only quotes the most recent post or message. This is to stop there being a lot of repeated text and many quotes nested within each other which makes it hard to read (especially on smaller devices).

With regards to private messaging, there is work planned for the future which will update the whole system, most likely grouping messages into "conversations", thereby reducing the need to quote at all.

In respect to the forums, I have now added a button link on the quotation marks so people can easily go back to the quoted post and thereby follow back conversations.

Mastersgdgurl
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 19th July 2014
Forum Posts: 194

what about the photos ?

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Mastersgdgurl said:what about the photos ?
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue but I did add some error logging in to help me diagnose. I have released a possible fix, so please let me know if it's now working for you, thanks.

Go to page:
Go to: