Go to page:

DU is Getting Responsive

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

New and improved DU Poetry website launching soon...

In recent months I have been working on a new 'responsive' version of the DU Poetry website. The new website will automatically adjust for use on a variety of different size devices (mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop). In the coming weeks I'll need volunteers to start using the new version. This is before it gets a full release (expected in June) to replace the existing Deep Underground Poetry website.

In this thread I will keep everyone updated on progress and soon be requesting volunteers for previewing and testing.

Off topic posts will be removed from this thread.

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 124

Once some of its new features are announced can we give feedback, request or recommend changes additions etc?

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

hornyatmorn said:Once some of its new features are announced can we give feedback, request or recommend changes additions etc?
Not much of the functionality will change, just the look and navigation of the website will be updated, and it will be suitable for mobile and tablet browsing. I will want the testers to let me know about issues relating to that. These would primarily be bugs and usability i.e. if the design or navigation is unclear or difficult to use, either generally or on a specific device or screen size.

Other suggestions will go on a list for consideration after this website design update.

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

Will our poetry that's already published here be transferred over?

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

HadesRising said:Will our poetry that's already published here be transferred over?
Yep fear not, it's all the same data behind the scenes. I'm just updating the look of the website to make it easier to use. It's a similar style (e.g. colours) to the current website, just with a refreshed look and more user friendly navigation.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

How do we sign up for being testers? I'll be a lab rat.
I like the newsletter, maybe it should be a regular thing? Get roachmill or muggle to do it...

LaKu
Lost Thinker
Greece
Joined 6th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 23

yeah sign me up..

DawnbeforeDark
Fallen Poet
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 27th June 2011
Forum Posts: 8

I'll be a tester...I also think it's a good idea for the newsletter to be a regular thing

Perplexia_X
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 14th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 4

I may sound stupid here, but why fix something that isn't broken? Is there something wrong with the site, or is it just that you want to be more easily accessible to phones and tablets and such?  Just curious!  -PX

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

admin said:[quote-301275-HadesRising]Will our poetry that's already published here be transferred over?
Yep fear not, it's all the same data behind the scenes. I'm just updating the look of the website to make it easier to use. It's a similar style (e.g. colours) to the current website, just with a refreshed look and more user friendly navigation.[/quote]

okay. thanks!

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Thank you Webmistress behind the scene.  "May God Save the Queen!"

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

Perplexia_X said:I may sound stupid here, but why fix something that isn't broken? Is there something wrong with the site, or is it just that you want to be more easily accessible to phones and tablets and such?  Just curious!  -PX
When the site launched 6 years ago people didn't have 4G smart phones and less people used their phones to browse the internet. Now it's getting to the point where people use mobiles and tablets more often than they do laptops and desktops.

admin
DU Webmistress
1awards

DystopianMelody said:How do we sign up for being testers? I'll be a lab rat.
I like the newsletter, maybe it should be a regular thing? Get roachmill or muggle to do it...

I wouldn't be able to give others access to send them as it's a mindfield when it comes to all the hoops you have to jump through to not get blacklisted or have emails landing in spam. We could certainly have contributors though.

In the future I must develop a custom newsletter system though, as mail chimp (what I used this time) only lets me send to a maximum of 2000 recipients before it wants me to pay an obscene monthly fee. In light of that I was only able to send the recent installment to the last 2000 people who logged in

Perplexia_X
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 14th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 4

Just preparing for the next generation...
That's cool! Okay, thank you!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

admin said: In light of that I was only able to send the recent installment to the last 2000 people who logged in [/color]

will the new responsive version be applicable no matter what browser I use :  Chrome, Explorer, oprah etc ?

Go to page:
Go to: