Go to page:

sleepless in the U S

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

Sometimes if I do not have enough sleep I actually feel more energised and awake than times when I have slept. Though of course this is usually a single day of high as my body goes on high alert before actually sleeping. With enough insomnia I get a half day of feeling hot and warmer than usual, and then sometimes the latter half of feeling rather cold.

On a half side note if memory serves then chocolate boosts the serotonin levels in the brain and thereby raises the happiness level. Possibly some extra chocolate or something uplifting and contentment providing could counteract the stressing over sleep, and let you sleep. Sleep of sheep. I tries counting sheep once, it was too boring and my mind wandered to something else.

poet Anonymous

Viddax said:Sometimes if I do not have enough sleep I actually feel more energised and awake than times when I have slept. Though of course this is usually a single day of high as my body goes on high alert before actually sleeping. With enough insomnia I get a half day of feeling hot and warmer than usual, and then sometimes the latter half of feeling rather cold.

On a half side note if memory serves then chocolate boosts the serotonin levels in the brain and thereby raises the happiness level. Possibly some extra chocolate or something uplifting and contentment providing could counteract the stressing over sleep, and let you sleep. Sleep of sheep. I tries counting sheep once, it was too boring and my mind wandered to something else.

Dark chocolate does have its antioxidants and feel-good benefits. Just don't bite the head off a hard,solid chocolate bunny if you have tension in the jaw. I did that a few days ago and spent the next minute cracking back in place my dislocated my jaw. (TMJ)

Count bees in a hive. The drone hum relaxes and the wiggly fuzzy dance of the bumblies induces rapid eye movement, which accompanies dreams. (Yeh. how's that for sheep shit plop? )

PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

My sarcasm was not evident.  Sleeplessness sucks when you don't want it and is all too elusive when you need it.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Well I strive to be clean and talk to God and it all works out I have only had one sleepless night in a long time. It's easy to sleep when you know where your going if you die, or maybe really hard.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

You could always watch YouTube videos of Kim Jong Un, threatening nuclear Armageddon, Kardashians stressing over where to go shopping,  or Paris Hilton having a meltdown over a broken fingernail--that boring B.S. will put you right to sleep in no time.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

MadameLavender said:You could always watch YouTube videos of Kim Jong Un, threatening nuclear Armageddon, Kardashians stressing over where to go shopping,  or Paris Hilton having a meltdown over a broken fingernail--that boring B.S. will put you right to sleep in no time.

On a side note hopefully someone is listening and keeping tabs on Kim Jong Un, its when nobody listens that the dragon suddenly roars and nations weep after the tragedy.

Youtube also has videos of rain falling, could be soothingly useful. Or plenty of cat videos to make you laugh so hard as to break something and fall unconscious. Or exercise guides to really help you break something and fall unconscious.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

I was a little off here I am awake at 12:31 in the morning and I can't sleep. You know why? I went to Wendy's to get a frosty becuse I was a little hungry at 8 o'clock and got a new spicy Jhopino chicken samwich now I can eat hot things. This was not hot it was just bad, so here I am trying to digest this thing. Don't eat one it's bad.

poet Anonymous

I read a lot, watch a movie, take a super hot shower, usually meditate for a while chanting an ancient Sanskrit mantra, but I do that daily regardless, but my anxiety seems to heighten at night for whatever reasons, so the meditation seems to work best as it blocks out all thought and imbues a trance like feeling.

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

creativity never sleeps. it's the burden that creative artists, writers, scientists, and philosophers have to bear. find a way to rest your body, and just let your mind unwind itself.

poet Anonymous

Oh well...no sleep tonight.  Doctor took my hubby off Cymbalta and now, after about two weeks of being clear of that shit, he's flipping out.  Throwing things, babbling nonsense that if I call the police to help they will just kill him "cause that''s what they do" (he says), violent outbursts at everything and everything is all my fault (he says).  Wacka wacka Wacka.... I sudden;ly don't know who he is anymore.  :(

I will call the doctor in the morning but I don't know how to make hubby go get help.

m_abbott1999
Madi
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 2nd Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 509

Nyquil in the wine. Lots and lots of Nyquil in the wine.

poet Anonymous

m_abbott1999 said:Nyquil in the wine. Lots and lots of Nyquil in the wine.

I don't mess with alcohol...or abuse drugs. The prescrips the doctors give can fuck you up enough. My hubby's going through withdrawal. I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF HIM, not add to the probs by knocking myself out so I can't keep him safe. He frickin sleepwalks and tears off his CPAP which is also scarey as hell.
He frickin needs a babysitter 24 and 7 right now and I'm all he's got.

Anyone who has a loved one with mental probs (and there are plenty here) and deals with trying to help them and keep their own head on straight, PM me and tell me some advice on how to do it. I am done with this thread. Thanks.

Go to page:
Go to: