Go to page:

I found this Interesting, thoughts anyone?  ")

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

Very interesting and informative  thought Fake Reality I however prefer the fact that my morality comes from my sense of creativity that thus grants me the feeling of empathy.

On the post topic tho I always love seeing people who actually care about the way our minds function. Very interesting topic. People act like everything is all figured out especially in supposedly simple things like our own psyche but discussion in open forum will without a doubt always be interesting.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Atakti said:[quote-300305-fake_reality]Ehhhhh, sure it does the bible speaks of the mind and sprit why learn a mans thoughts of what he thinks when you got the book written by the creator? Thats backwards to me, your trying to outthink the one who thinked you and not use his notes to you? Having a conversation without him is like talking without words or thoughts. Oh and we need remember that becuse of the time diffrance words mean other things, I have gotten so used to older English understanding comes naturally.

You persist on your soapbox. I'm giving you a rest from the forums. You were fairly warned. Maybe you could go do some reading – Jung is a good a place to start as any.[/quote]

I went a little cross eyed seeing atakti flexing her mod muscles... Does that fit into Jung's irrational feeling box?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Ataki's actions would be based on thinking and intuition and therefore rationality if anything. (Something along the lines of he will not change, the effect of not changing will not be good, therefore he needs soem time out.) But that is an awful lot of guesswork. It is very difficult to know exactly what another person is thinking.

Intuition to me also seems something along the lines of a sixth sense, a feeler and tendril for your actions. It tries to lead you towards the right course although you may choose otherwise for other reasons. Makes me wonder if gut instinct is an innate ability, or whether Intuition is a hereditary and learnt thing. Meaning that if you are presented with more choices and more varied choices and learn from the outcome, that tou may gain a better intuition.

schizodude
a voice from the void
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 178

Jung like many other psychologist of his time go on the aspect of just observing what they can see with their eyes and then trying to deduce it with their mind. Albeit a process that is still used today its been revised by many new technological advancements in not just psychology but biology and chemistry as well allowing for an even deeper look into the mind and body. However you do have those instances that no amount of tech or therapy sessions will unlock the privy thoughts of those able to somewhat make their own rules against what's been established. But then again today's psychology at least in my opinion is hammered down with trying to make people "normal, productive" members of society. Thinking and intuition have sensed been looked at differently since Jung's day but I will agree with some conclusions that he was able to map out primarly with intuition being this force in not just the brain but I feel the soul as well (just my thoughts there). As for feeling and sensation being irrational is a bit deceptive because had it not been thru sensation and feeling humanity would have long died out during its infant days as an organism. There is still much to learn about our mind and how it directly influences all we see, taste, touch, smell, feel as well as think and perceive.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1779

schizodude said:Jung like many other psychologist of his time go on the aspect of just observing what they can see with their eyes and then trying to deduce it with their mind. Albeit a process that is still used today its been revised by many new technological advancements in not just psychology but biology and chemistry as well allowing for an even deeper look into the mind and body. However you do have those instances that no amount of tech or therapy sessions will unlock the privy thoughts of those able to somewhat make their own rules against what's been established. But then again today's psychology at least in my opinion is hammered down with trying to make people "normal, productive" members of society. Thinking and intuition have sensed been looked at differently since Jung's day but I will agree with some conclusions that he was able to map out primarily with intuition being this force in not just the brain but I feel the soul as well (just my thoughts there). As for feeling and sensation being irrational is a bit deceptive because had it not been thru sensation and feeling humanity would have long died out during its infant days as an organism. There is still much to learn about our mind and how it directly influences all we see, taste, touch, smell, feel as well as think and perceive.

schizodude
Excellent cometary.
I like the way you think and speak!
Wonderful to read your thoughts,
what if I may ask, are you involved in? Science perhaps?
I enjoy well spoken people such as yourself again thanks for commenting
Zazzles

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Viddax said:Ataki's actions would be based on thinking and intuition and therefore rationality if anything. (Something along the liines of he will not change, the effect of not changing will bot be good, therefore he needs soem time out.) But that is an awful lot of guesswork. It is very difficult to know exactly what another person is thinking.

Intuition to me also seems something along the lines of a sixth sense, a feeler and tendril for your actions. It tries to lead you towards the right course although you may choose otherwise for other reasons. Makes me wonder if gut instinct is an innate ability, or whether Intuition is a hereditary and learnt thing. Meaning that if you are presented with more choices and more varied choices and learn from the outcome, that tou may gain a better intuition.

i cant speak like you but i like the way you think always have...

schizodude
a voice from the void
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 178

I am merely into learning something new and just asking questions which I feel is a lost art to many of thus world. But anything that pursues truth and knowledge in whatever shape whether it be science, philosophy, spirituality, etc. I follow

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

schizodude said:I am merely into learning something new and just asking questions which I feel is a lost art to many of thus world. But anything that pursues truth and knowledge in whatever shape whether it be science, philosophy, spirituality, etc. I follow

ditto ")

poet Anonymous

This is interesting but whats even more interesting(to me at least) is the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator. Its a quiz/test thingy that basically tells you your personality type using Jungs theory.

for anyone whose interested in taking it:
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

however, I wouldn't take the results too seriously, its an interesting test but flawed because Jungs theories are pseudo-scienceish.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

schizodude said:Jung like many other psychologist of his time go on the aspect of just observing what they can see with their eyes and then trying to deduce it with their mind. Albeit a process that is still used today its been revised by many new technological advancements in not just psychology but biology and chemistry as well allowing for an even deeper look into the mind and body. However you do have those instances that no amount of tech or therapy sessions will unlock the privy thoughts of those able to somewhat make their own rules against what's been established. But then again today's psychology at least in my opinion is hammered down with trying to make people "normal, productive" members of society. Thinking and intuition have sensed been looked at differently since Jung's day but I will agree with some conclusions that he was able to map out primarly with intuition being this force in not just the brain but I feel the soul as well (just my thoughts there). As for feeling and sensation being irrational is a bit deceptive because had it not been thru sensation and feeling humanity would have long died out during its infant days as an organism. There is still much to learn about our mind and how it directly influences all we see, taste, touch, smell, feel as well as think and perceive.

You didn't  mention the most important part of observing interactions, and that is  communication, including the words we use, what we say or omit to say, how we say it and whether the words reveal or hide our thoughts. (Words! Poets sit up when words are around.)

A trained observer will see more than what is hidden, but for most of us, more or less what people say goes, until their actions contradict what they said, then after some confusion, a little clarity comes through.

Certainly, allowing feelings and intuition to guide us could be a useful tool. However, when emotions are confused as part of our core being (they are not, because at any one time a person is not defined by what they're feeling), then a big decision based on these temporary states is usually ill-founded.

A very difficult lesson to learn is to see emotions as signposts, as tools to indicate what we actually want.

Intuition is available to all of us, yet so few know how to listen to it. Humans are capable of confusing themselves with too much thinking, and I believe that is what Jung was pointing at – tools beyond thought.

I think that "normal" has been stretched to threads in the last few decades, and finally most open thinkers realize that the term cannot apply with accuracy, when modern city life encompasses such diversity.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

DystopianMelody said:
I went a little cross eyed seeing atakti flexing her mod muscles... Does that fit into Jung's irrational feeling box?

Curse your silver tongue, Dys!

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

Viddax said:Ataki's actions would be based on thinking and intuition and therefore rationality if anything... It is very difficult to know exactly what another person is thinking.

No worries, most of the time, I'm not sure what I'm thinking either.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

People behave differently when they know they are being observed. Jung would probably have multiple orgasms if he watched one episode of reality TV. The only way to get any kind of a true picture about behaviour via observation would have to be through covert observation, so there wouldn't be a helluva lot of communication involved

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

lepperochan said:People behave differently when they know they are being observed. Jung would probably have multiple orgasms if he watched one episode of reality TV. The only way to get any kind of a true picture about behaviour via observation would have to be through covert observation, so there wouldn't be a helluva lot of communication involved

True that Lepp, good point... ")

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Ooo said:This is interesting but whats even more interesting(to me at least) is the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator. Its a quiz/test thingy that basically tells you your personality type using Jungs theory.

for anyone whose interested in taking it:
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

however, I wouldn't take the results too seriously, its an interesting test but flawed because Jungs theories are pseudo-scienceish.

Excellent link 0oo Ty you!

Go to page:
Go to: