they are going through with the execution
of their sons, their brothers.

I'm disappointed in the lack of humanity in my country,
the lack of belief that two young men
could be rehabilitated for their crimes,
that they could spend the rest of their lives alive
in prison and make a difference.

I'm disappointed that we weren't more outspoken,
I'm disappointed that not enough was done.

I'm saddened that there are people in this world
who still think the death penalty achieves anything at all,
but murder, theft and destruction.

I'm angry with political games at the cost of human life
and I'm pissed off with leaders who are hellbent on power,
who don't have the balls to show humility,
who refuse to back down
from feeble promises
against a losing war on drugs.

I thought these men
deserved a second chance,
I believed in mercy.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I saw it on the news this evening Alexander.

Couldn't agree more with this statement.  It is way too much power to give to anyone.

Parliamentary Secretary to Ms Bishop, Steve Ciobo, tweeted that: "There are few greater displays of abuse of state power and regressive thinking than the death penalty".

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

This morning Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Australia was withdrawing its ambassador from Jakarta in the wake of the "cruel and unnecessary" executions.

wait. didn't he, in a roundabout way, hand them over in the first place. Death penalties are executed all the time. Fiji abolished it last year, at least 25 African states have it, probably all the middle east, Japan, the Koreas, America. I hear in Canada they tickle you death.

Have you seen Midnight run or Bangcock hilton. I'd imagine death would be a most welcomed outcome sooner rather than later.

If every country in the world adhered to a strict death penalty system. it'd be a deterrent. fuck jails, break the law pal, you're getting the paralysis injection, thrown into a cubicle bed in some warehouse for 20 years.kept on the brink of death with your food tubes on timers. that'd be a deterrent, and if not, it will be the next time you think about stealing a pack of chewing gum

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Let's remember the West Papuan genocide, happening right now, by the Indonesian government, with the full knowledge of the Australian government, and reflect on what news gets us most upset.

That two men were killed is a dirty shame. Hideous really, actually shooting people to make a point.

What both goverments are knowingly doing and allowing to happen to the people of West Papua, yet does not make the news in either country, tells us plenty about news-for-votes and the real nature of our reality.

There are other things to think about too...like maybe the Australians let a couple of brown guys get killed because the public can deal with that, and it makes the Indonesians look like they were tough with Australia, while in the background they cut deals on boatpeople and mining rights in west Papua....it all gets awful grey some days...and news stories focused on pawns in the 'war on drugs' makes nothing any clearer.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

lepperochan said:This morning Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Australia was withdrawing its ambassador from Jakarta in the wake of the "cruel and unnecessary" executions.

wait. didn't he, in a roundabout way, hand them over in the first place. Death penalties are executed all the time. Fiji abolished it last year, at least 25 African states have it, probably all the middle east, Japan, the Koreas, America. I hear in Canada they tickle you death.

Have you seen Midnight run or Bangcock hilton. I'd imagine death would be a most welcomed outcome sooner rather than later.

If every country in the world adhered to a strict death penalty system. it'd be a deterrent. fuck jails, break the law pal, you're getting the paralysis injection, thrown into a cubicle bed in some warehouse for 20 years.kept on the brink of death with your food tubes on timers. that'd be a deterrent, and if not, it will be the next time you think about stealing a pack of chewing gum

Those Canadian sons of bitches!

kriticool
Fire of Insight
32awards
Joined 1st Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 596

Real talk, it’s an unfortunate event. My understanding from what I read is in a span of 10 years alotta positive personal growth & societal rehab had successfully taken place. In this instance, doesn't appear it tipped the scales in their favor. It’s sad that their lives, including the continuance of opportunities to help others has been cut short. That incarceration grind had to be a bitch just by itself. I’d like to believe there’s much one can learn from this and similar situations. Something of a benefit taken from what and the way things sometimes go down

Sentinel
Maggie Santos
Lost Thinker
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 40

Maybe people should stop committing crimes. No pity for them. I come from a city where people make "mistakes" everyday.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Careful. That is dangerously close to – actually, it is judgemental. There is always a why for things, including bad choices.

http://youtu.be/XBmJay_qdNc

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 124

Please, don't bring god(s)or your "moral" views arising from your beliefs to them into this discussion. This is a secular social issue.
After all if Jewish/Christian god created the world he created drugs and other poisons with it.
(Come to thing of it, he is also responsible for the creation of devil and his revolution).

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

Who are you addressing, hornyatmorn?

If you go to the post you are referring to, press this:
http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/images/forum/quote.gif

Then start typing your answer under the quote box.

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 124

Atakti said:Who are you addressing, hornyatmorn?

If you go to the post you are referring to, press this:

Then start typing your answer under the quote box.

Sorry, Atakti, I was referring to these two posts by fake_reality… I did not think it was that important to quote him/her specifically cause my point(s) can also be representative of my general stance, at any rate here they are:

Well... Scripturally they seek to take others to hell with them selling their demons (drugs). To take drugs to others is seeking to bring others unto death so they seek death themselves. Personally I can only agree with the death penalty for they seek to murder. However most people are given many chances in life to repent, I can agree with being killed in 72 hours for it if they do it twice or something. They should be given one more chance not to do wrong before death, not life in prison that is a bad joke they will die anyway. Just get back to the good old day work them twelve hours a day in mines. Shame them in the street shame them in the country shame them in their family, scourge and beat them not for only God may take vengeance. Besides He does it so well why bother unless he asked. lastly we need to have a way to sort out if a person was forced to be a mule such as having there family threatened. That is the only real exception I see to the rule, no bribes no bending to get ring leaders off the hook just law.

So to sum it up I promote the death penalty if they seek to murder or have murdered however they need a first chance. Second I worry of the people who are being forced to be drug mules.

However the drug war is a joke, for there is only one way to rid ourself of violence. That is to obey the commandments of God for nothing else will save us from our well deserved suffering.

For he is a murciful God he is the same God as in all words written by him. If he repented once he should be punished as all others for God beats us as he loves us. If he repent let him be free after he serve his suffering and time to serve the community. Follow him and watch him.
If he do it twice he backslides and, if he repents or not again he will be in the hands of God. For he makes the rest unsafe God will judge him righteous or unrightous.

Oh by the way I learned a little bit about the drugs and if I recall correctly. Cocaine is not the same of crack, it is drawn from coca leaves and goes through a lot of processes to get the drug. Crack is a loser chemical form that takes less time to get into the mind and goes out quicker. Crack is also known to be worse as it goes under more chemical treatment and is double degraded. Much like how a cigar (cocaine is usually much more degraded) is mostly tobacco and ciggerets are... 2000 or so more chemicals.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012

No worries. I get it now, I have stopped reading those blocks of texts that are repetitive and poorly structured.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Atakti said:No worries. I get it now, I have stopped reading those blocks of texts that are repetitive and poorly structured.

Hey, hey, hey enough with that 'turn the other cheek' shit...
We sort out differences out using words here. Bad words, preferably.

Coming back to the point, I only saw bits and pieces of this story.
I tried to avoid it. so I don't know much about it. But if it's true that the Australian government basically handed them over then that's just disgusting. They wanted a death sentence but didn't even have the balls to do it themselves.  

Jonny212
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 72

Eye for an eye makes sense. Yes drugs kill but it's people who chose to buy them.
So no.Drug dealers are not killers. A scourge to humanity sure, but murderers no, unless they actually killed someone.You think I should get the DP because I wanted to smoke enough weed for one person to myself in Singapore?
These places  have a bad history with drugs.They watched their people die to it, get abused by it, and get enslaved by imperialists because of it. I could understand wanting to be anal on drugs but they are going too far too fast. They are also being very bias when it comes to people of other nationalities vs their own. Sorry that those two guys have to or had to deal with this.

Go to page:
Go to: