73.91% • 17 votes • yes
26.09% • 6 votes • no
Total votes: 23
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Do gay virgins/celibates exist?

poet Anonymous

fake_reality said:
Well of course if I judge others I will be jugded I want to be judged so I can be come more perfect in Christ.

well, okay then. judge away. don't expect many friends or converts though.

the thing about trying to proselytize on an internet forum is that it's usually pointless. not saying it can't happen, but well...not usually going to work out. you end up pissing people off and looking like you have nothing you stand for. just what you stand against.

i get the whole 'being a light in a dark world' but you might be going about it wrong. in my very humble opinion.  

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

fake_reality said:

Jesus spoke many times on judgeing men, I already went through this with scripture I am supose to judge everyone. It's how I can tell if they have God or not. God judges all the time, Jesus is the judge of men frist and the savior of the rightous secound. Your going off a cliff am I not supose to try and pull you away? Am I supose to watch you kill yourself? That's sick in my book I have grabbed people I don't know to not let them fall and they where thankful.

Luckily I don't have to go into that, he can't be gay for he has no others like him. Which yes I supose if there was another he would be. For the manyth time I'm not against gays in aginst the actions and thoughts of sexuality outside of a marriage between a man woman and God. I'm against almost everything.

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/66370802/large.gif

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Who told you that you need to be more perfect in Christ and that you actually can be? I think you missed the point of the birth, life and death of Christ. You don't have to be any more or less perfect in Christ than anyone else, you need to ask Christ for forgiveness for your sins, and believe in him. Jesus won't decide not to forgive you for being a little less perfect in life, he will still forgive you so long as you believe.
You are concerning yourself with life in the physical world and saving lives in the physical world while mixing it up with the spirit and the spiritual afterlife. Saving a person from falling off a cliff in he physical world is admirable and perhaps even heroic, but in the spiritual world of Christianity, it is only the job of Jesus. You can teach the word to everyone, but you can save no one...

fake_reality said:[quote-299574-DivineStrategy][quote-299570-fake_reality]

Jesus spoke many times on judgeing men, I already went through this with scripture I am supose to judge everyone. It's how I can tell if they have God or not. God judges all the time, Jesus is the judge of men frist and the savior of the rightous secound. Your going off a cliff am I not supose to try and pull you away? Am I supose to watch you kill yourself? That's sick in my book I have grabbed people I don't know to not let them fall and they where thankful.

Luckily I don't have to go into that, he can't be gay for he has no others like him. Which yes I supose if there was another he would be. For the manyth time I'm not against gays in aginst the actions and thoughts of sexuality outside of a marriage between a man woman and God. I'm against almost everything.

apparently you missed the parts about taking the log out of your eye (Matt. 7) or the part where the apostle paul admonished the corinthians for judging non-believers (1 corinthians 5:12). i suggest you look it up.

here. i'll even help you out so you don't have to go looking.

Matthew 7
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7&version=NLT

1 Corinthians 5
http://biblehub.com/nlt/1_corinthians/5.htm[/quote]

Well of course if I judge others I will be jugded I want to be judged so I can be come more perfect in Christ.[/quote]

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Poetryman said:Who told you that you need to be more perfect in Christ and that you actually can be? I think you missed the point of the birth, life and death of Christ. You don't have to be any more or less perfect in Christ than anyone else, you need to ask Christ for forgiveness for your sins, and believe in him. Jesus won't decide not to forgive you for being a little less perfect in life, he will still forgive you so long as you believe.
You are concerning yourself with life in the physical world and saving lives in the physical world while mixing it up with the spirit and the spiritual afterlife. Saving a person from falling off a cliff in he physical world is admirable and perhaps even heroic, but in the spiritual world of Christianity, it is only the job of Jesus. You can teach the word to everyone, but you can save no one...

Romans 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Mark 16:15 NKJV

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Matthew 24:14 NKJV

“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”

John 16:33

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

1 John 2:6

the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

Romans 6:11

Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 96:3 NKJV

“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

Revelation 14:6-7 NKJV

“Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— saying with a loud voice, ‘Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'”

Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

poet Anonymous

Poetryman said:Who told you that you need to be more perfect in Christ and that you actually can be? I think you missed the point of the birth, life and death of Christ. You don't have to be any more or less perfect in Christ than anyone else, you need to ask Christ for forgiveness for your sins, and believe in him. Jesus won't decide not to forgive you for being a little less perfect in life, he will still forgive you so long as you believe.

this here is beautiful. Bless you for spreading comfort. Salvation is given through grace, a gift from God, no one else.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

fake_reality said:[quote-299555-Ooo][quote-299552-fake_reality][quote-299550-snugglebuck]
"If only we'd drop the ridiculous notion that celibacy and virginity were virtues, our world would be a much better place to live."    

Woe, vergitity is part of morality the same as not killing anyone. It is not acting on selfish desires.[/quote]

I don't think virginity has anything to do with morality or immorality. It can't be that simple. [/quote]

Morality is a state of how you act and conduct yourself judgeing another persons morals has more to do with how they act than how they say they think.[/quote]

I respect everyone's opinion but it's been my experience, that those that askew sexual expression suffer from self hatred. For proof, they usually end up loathing anyone who openly demonstrates their passions.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012

No i can not save anyone. I can only lead you to water. How did I get into this anyway I only wanted to make a point about morality being related to action.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6700

Morality being connected to action? Well what about inaction; is there morality in inaction. If a tree falls in a forest and someone on the other side of the world who has no idea about this tree, does nothing, does this make them evil? The answer here is of course is doesn't make them evil, ignorance is bliss afterall.
Besides the post-moral stage is about now; where actions are based on their morality or moral compass. Sometimes this is good as it means stuff can actually be done. Other times it means people decide to do whatever regardless of decency or shame or even sense!

Anyway, back to the topic in the third handed eye, to me a homosexual is someone who prefers or likes the company of their own sex but does not necessarily have sex. In other words to me a gay is a gay because oh how they interact with other people socially and face to face, their bedroom adventures are secondary and beside the point.

Not all who need 'saving' wamt saving: not all who are lost have wandered off the path by accident.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

fake_reality said:No i can not save anyone. I can only lead you to water. How did I get into this anyway I only wanted to make a point about morality being related to action.

You quote the quoted, but do you walk the walk?  I'm certain even though you might attend the 'First Church Of Hate,' you've heard the old African Gospel, "They'll know you're a Christian By Your Love.'   So tell me, of the world's most hated, who do you love?

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

fake_reality said:[quote-299584-Poetryman]Who told you that you need to be more perfect in Christ and that you actually can be? I think you missed the point of the birth, life and death of Christ. You don't have to be any more or less perfect in Christ than anyone else, you need to ask Christ for forgiveness for your sins, and believe in him. Jesus won't decide not to forgive you for being a little less perfect in life, he will still forgive you so long as you believe.

Lots of Bible quotes going down on this tread.  So please keep in mind, Christianity is not based on the Bible. Rather, the Bible is based on Christianity.    

Romans 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Mark 16:15 NKJV

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Matthew 24:14 NKJV

“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”

John 16:33

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

1 John 2:6

the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

Romans 6:11

Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 96:3 NKJV

“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

Revelation 14:6-7 NKJV

“Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— saying with a loud voice, ‘Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'”

Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”[/quote]

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012

snugglebuck said:[quote-299591-fake_reality]No i can not save anyone. I can only lead you to water. How did I get into this anyway I only wanted to make a point about morality being related to action.

You quote the quoted, but do you walk the walk?  I'm certain even though you might attend the 'First Church Of Hate,' you've heard the old African Gospel, "They'll know you're a Christian By Your Love.'   So tell me, of the world's most hated, who do you love?[/quote]
I love Jesus and I hate not people but i hate sin.

becsta
Bec
Thought Provoker
Australia 9awards
Joined 4th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 186

The ignorance surrounding this issue is just sad. As for god, when he or she shows themself to me they will get my full attention, until then I am going to continue with my belief that the bible is just a book not a manual for life and the whole god jesus mary story is just that...a story passed down through the ages to cover the fact that we dont know how the fuck we got here or why and we will not know until death, maybe never We cant accept this lack of knowledge and understanding because we think we are so smart, superior species and all that.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Nobody is asking the real 'big question'!

Is Jesus behind all these alien abductions we hear about?
I read a book once that said Jesus is actually gay, and has one night stands all the time.
Gods supremely ashamed of this fact, so he goes around wiping the memories of all of Jesus' lovers.
It's in a book, it must be true.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012

The bible has nothing to do with being a christian.

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

well there's something
you have in common..:)

Go to page:
Go to: