Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Do gay virgins/celibates exist?

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

If a gay person never has sex, is that person heterosexual, homosexual or A-sexual? Every gay person I know has told me they knew they were gay long before they ever had sex. Is sexual attraction the only defining definition of a persons sex or sexuality? Does love have anything to do with it? Do gay people ever fall in love with members of the opposite sex but without feeling sexual attraction to them? Is it a choice who you feel love for? You can choose who to have sex with, but can you choose who you sexually desire? Is sex just a physical manifestation of lust or a method of expressing love? People want to define marriage without understanding where the desires of others come from. Gay people can have all the sex they want, at least they can here in America, so why the need to get married?
Let the real debate begin!
JJ

UnleashedHeathen
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 6th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 578

It is my understanding that gays have undergone some form of neglect, abuse, etc. So, I suppose it is possible that virgin gays exist. But I don't feel that it is likely.

poet Anonymous

I have a really awful urge to vote no...just because its an option.

Why wouldn't they exist?

Poetryman said:Gay people can have all the sex they want, at least they can here in America, so why the need to get married?

Straight people can have all the sex they want as well, why do they need to get married?

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

not to mention the gay people who only have sex with the opposite gender. being gay is less to do with having sex and more to do with attraction. some gays act on that attraction some don’t, which doesn’t really make them less gay, just less balls

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Is this really a question? Regardless of what is put or shoced where a sexual orientation exists. Or go whole hog and say no to all terminology as you stuble around in the murky cloud of stuff and thingamies.
Of course they exist, you can be homosexual yet never actually have sex. Seems rather a waste of having a sexual orientation but thems the chips I suppose. And by sexual orientation I mean something along the lines of love, desire, emotion, wanting, appeasement, rather than a sexual orientation that necessarily involves and leads to sex.
And as for love without sexual desire, thats something like Platonic Love methinks, so it can be a thing. Lets not make a thing about that being a thing.

Celery anoyne?

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16067

Platonic relationships. I have those. Tons. I have gay friends who have never had sex or go all the way. In this part of the world gays are very much frowned on. But yes...I believe there are virgin gay men and women. Here though.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

I'll just be here for biblical questions... I already did enough damage, taking lessons.
Oh by the way was wrong shame me if you want.

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1530

Well, my point in asking the question was that people are who they are not by choice, but are born either heterosexual or gay or bi. They do not choose to be gay or hereto or bi, it is just how they feel. No one brain washed anyone to want to have sex with males or females. Asking the question was to get people thinking about sexuality being separate from sex. People get all hung up on who's having sex together, but everyone is a virgin before they have sex. If they are heterosexual and still a virgin, they know who they want and who they love, just like gay people do. Yet some people still insist that gays are making choices about their sexuality and who they have sex with. Do straight guys sit around deciding if they want to be with a woman or another man? No, of course not. Do straight women think, I'm gonna try sex with another woman and see if I like it more than men? Not if they are straight. That's what makes them straight, how they feel, not what choices they make.

JJ

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

All one need do to discover gay virgins is to become acquainted with Roman Catholic Seminarians.  In the Catholic culture that I grew up in, young men and women who did not show an outward interest in pursuing sex were often considered candidates for the clergy.  The pressure on these young people could be immense.  

It's my theory, and I'm not alone in thinking this, is that young gay men who haven't come to grips with their sexual orientation enter the priesthood so repressed, that this often leads to acting out their desires with kids.  

I could very well be wrong.  But I have come to the conclusion that celibacy and virginity has absolutely nothing to do with moral purity.  In fact some of the evilest people in history have been celibate.  Examples, both the Unabomber and the Oklahoma bomber.

"If only we'd drop the ridiculous notion that celibacy and virginity were virtues, our world would be a much better place to live."    

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012

snugglebuck said:
"If only we'd drop the ridiculous notion that celibacy and virginity were virtues, our world would be a much better place to live."    

Woe, vergitity is part of morality the same as not killing anyone. It is not acting on selfish desires.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

yeah, I imagine Joseph really loved god when he snuck down from heaven and raped holy Mary then made her have a late abortion on sweet baby Jesus twenty odd years later, thus setting the bar for the future of marriages: be monogamous, unless god want's to fuck you, then it's ok to be diverse. sure we're all feckin' gods, so in theory we can go fuck who we want whether they've a ring (on their finger) or not    

poet Anonymous

fake_reality said:[quote-299550-snugglebuck]

Woe, vergitity is part of morality the same as not killing anyone. It is not acting on selfish desires.[/quote]

I don't think virginity has anything to do with morality or immorality. It can't be that simple.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012

Ooo said:[quote-299552-fake_reality][quote-299550-snugglebuck]

Woe, vergitity is part of morality the same as not killing anyone. It is not acting on selfish desires.[/quote]

I don't think virginity has anything to do with morality or immorality. It can't be that simple. [/quote]

Morality is a state of how you act and conduct yourself judgeing another persons morals has more to do with how they act than how they say they think.

poet Anonymous

In my opinion, morality has to do with how you act and think, If your reasons for doing things(or not doing them) are horrible, even if youre trying to achieve something good it can hardly be considered moral.

Why not be good because you want to be good and not because you fear of burning in hell for all eternity...or something of that sort

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

Here is a simple reminder:
Ask the question without the word "gay"... Are there virgins? Yes. Same as with gay virgins.

Go to page:
Go to: