Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Should gays be welcomed to marry in church

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

case28 said:Jesus was a fag, he had a pick of 12 dudes, that's two cocks fucking the holiest holes every night, except on Sunday's, because on the seventh day the son of God's work was done. Amen.

Put that on a t-shirt...

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Ok i must have not clarified this my bad... There is nothing wrong with being physically attracted to men, the problem is when you act or entertain those thoughts. Being gay is no different than being prideful or any other kind of sin it is only a sin if you think it and do not correct it or act upon it.

Now you got me going again. Can't you see I am tired i just wanna go do something else than sit here and defend the word of God all day. there you go and talk about Jesus like he is some kind of sinner. how dare you speak to the judge of men that way how dare you speak of him who died for many sins on the cross and who bares holes in his body to this day. how dare you speak low unto my God how dare you, woe unto you who do wicked works.

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

The problem with western culture is that the lines between government and church blur together a bit too much. No chance of gays getting equal rights in Australia anytime soon, because hello, our PM is Catholic. So conservatism rules the day. One person shouldn't have the choice to choose how all other people live. We aren't even given an option to vote on gay marriage because one man is like, "nope, the bible says..."

The issue I have with organised religion is that is preaches tolerance and love and then tells you you'll go to hell if you do a, b, or c, etc. If God is all knowing and all powerful and created us, then he created gays to be just the way they are. There are many gay Christians out there, which doesn't really make sense to me, but nor does it have to. They can believe in whatever they want.

I'm not saying the church should be forced to marry people they don't want to, but if you flip the argument, that's like saying a racist priest or pastor should be able to decline marrying people of other races because he doesn't agree with it.

And if fake-reality has such a massive opinion on gays, either he's a complete idiot with no ability to think for himself (with all his bible quoting we can ascertain that he can read, though not spell too well), or has some seriously repressed sexuality issues.

poet Anonymous

If wasting 'seed' is sinful then women getting their periods(wasting 'egg') is just as sinful. So...are nuns really all just a bunch of dirty sinners, since they're not constantly pregnant?

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

case28 said:Jesus was a fag, he had a pick of 12 dudes, that's two cocks fucking the holiest holes every night, except on Sunday's, because on the seventh day the son of God's work was done. Amen.

Lol, there is something quite homoerotic about how much straight, married Christian men "love" Jesus. Hell, he rates above their wives.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012

fake_reality said:Ok i must have not clarified this my bad... There is nothing wrong with being physically attracted to men, the problem is when you act or entertain those thoughts. Being gay is no different than being prideful or any other kind of sin it is only a sin if you think it and do not correct it or act upon it.

Now you got me going again. Can't you see I am tired i just wanna go do something else than sit here and defend the word of God all day. there you go and talk about Jesus like he is some kind of sinner. how dare you speak to the judge of men that way how dare you speak of him who died for many sins on the cross and who bares holes in his body to this day. how dare you speak low unto my God how dare you, woe unto you who do wicked works.

Your webcams off, I can't see actually. The same way you can't see that I'm sick of seeing you chat bullshit about your belief in God in every Damn thread. If you found God, great. Awesome. Keep him. And shut the fuck up about him already.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012

Ooo said:If wasting 'seed' is sinful then women getting their periods(wasting 'egg') is just as sinful. So...are nuns really all just a bunch of dirty sinners, since they're not constantly pregnant?

Next time I see a nun, I'll ask her. Maybe she'll need my help to herself from sinning.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Ok frist of all I don't preach tolerance and do not endorse people that do Jesus is one of the most intolerant religious figures i have ever read. Secondly I do think for myself if i didn't i would be sinning right now, when you have the supernatural power of a angry God thrust upon you and almost kill you it tends to change everything you think. Oh and why do we have children knowing we will have to spank and punish them for doing things we don't want them to do. Its a level of thinking you just have to know it or not understand it. lastly I'm what you would call bisexual i just deny and replace every thought in my head that does not align with what my father commands. when you walk in his words you might find life is a lot better despite your desires.

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011

fake_reality said:Ok frist of all I don't preach tolerance and do not endorse people that do Jesus is one of the most intolerant religious figures i have ever read. Secondly I do think for myself if i didn't i would be sinning right now, when you have the supernatural power of a angry God thrust upon you and almost kill you it tends to change everything you think. Oh and why do we have children knowing we will have to spank and punish them for doing things we don't want them to do. Its a level of thinking you just have to know it or not understand it. lastly I'm what you would call bisexual i just deny and replace every thought in my head that does not align with what my father commands. when you walk in his words you might find life is a lot better despite your desires.

Judgement is a sin. Go figure that one out. See how long it takes you to hit that insight.

If you think all your preaching is going to change my mind, you're barking up the wrong homosexual. "Better to rule in hell, than serve in heaven".

All those "rules" you talk about where made to be broken

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Let the gay and lesbians do what they want, religion and politics shouldn't be used by either side of the argument and it definitely shouldn't be a legal issue. Homosexuality is older than the bible, it's about time humans woke up and started treating each other as equals, because that's where the real argument lies. Is heterosexual love worth more than homosexual love? Love is love, whether it's between a man and a woman, woman on top of a woman or man bending over for a man... free-love, love-free.

So to answer the question, yes, gays and lesbians should be able to get married in a church. The question could also be flipped around, do gay and lesbians feel welcome enough to get married in a church, because if the church isn't sincerely accepting of the union between two people of the same sex, then isn't the ritual pointless?

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

Shit, let them. I don't go to church anyways.

jIMNUT_rOARIN
Thought Provoker
Canada
Joined 13th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 43

I think the early Christian groups at the onset promoted straight family values only for the sake of ensuring community strength and future population growth for the religion's own physical survival.  Indeed all religions promote child-bearing, such as in earlier Judaism that the Rabbis were recommended and somewhat required to marry and have children, and other faiths that have arranged marriages and so on. But now the traditional method of intercourse is no longer necessary for propagation, so the faithful union of a man and woman are no longer necessary to promote a religion's continuation.  I think religions ought to be constantly updated, such as recently in Turkey I believe where Muslims are now "allowed" to use toilet paper (perhaps toilet paper shall be one of the keys to more peaceful times in the middle east!).

Another book I read somewhere, said that marriage is like a test on Earth, that if you can be true and faithful to another person in this life, you will be capable of being true and faithful to one God, or Deity, in the Eternity to come.  So it shouldn't matter, as long as you're faithfully devoted, true and loving to your partner, it shouldn't quite matter who that partner is - and that demonstration of faithfulness should be permitted and promoted under the roofs of any religion.

And now to throw out all the seriousness of the above paragraphs, a really good Bible Quote (not sure if this was already posted, I had to skim through the pages a bit), this passage should sum things up (at least in the version I have on my shelves):

I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.  (Luke 18:34-35)

Not sure exactly what's being get at here, perhaps it is to say that if you follow the path of homosexuality, only one of you shall be accepted into Heaven and the other left to hell!  I guess with such 50/50 odds, the Bible was saying that you're better off to marry straight!!!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Ooo said:If wasting 'seed' is sinful then women getting their periods(wasting 'egg') is just as sinful. So...are nuns really all just a bunch of dirty sinners, since they're not constantly pregnant?

no, huge difference. the egg breaks down naturally and another replaces it, the red was / is  (in theory) a natural indicator of pregnancy or lack thereof

wasting seed is an act of foolishness. science reports that seed's swimming ability in general had deteriorated somewhat to a point of alarm

Edit: ok on reflection I suppose there's not that big a difference after-all. Nuns should be forced to give up their eggs  

point is. if sex were use primarily to pro-create and not for self gratification and pleasure, this world would be a much better place without the constant distraction  

PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 209

What if you are a man hypnotized into believing you are a lesbian by an evil genius psychiatrist? Are you allowed to marry a woman?

Another in a growing list of questions the Fake Realities of the world have no cut and paste answers for.

poet Anonymous

So much BS on this thread. I'm goin to Disneyworld to chase Peter Pan and tell him not to come back.

Go to page:
Go to: