Go to page:

Should gays be welcomed to marry in church

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/irishvoice/Marriage-referendum-close-to-call-as-hypocrisy-rears-its-head.html

I think it's in a week or two. too close to call so my vote could be the decider ( in theory )

I dunno, i expect a shit load of people will vote yes just to be cool. I'm in two minds. mostly cos I don't understand why I should decide church matters. I rarely go unless I absolutely have to.

are you gay ? [why] is it important that you can have a church wedding ?

are you straight

could you give a fuck whether gays marry in the church or not ?

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I don't give a fuck to be honest.  But, I voted yes because I believe they have as much right as anyone else of that faith, in my opinion, not that my opinion matters where the church is concerned.

poet Anonymous

this is a tricky subject. i'm of the opinion that it should be up to the individual church, and their governing bodies. keep my church separated from my state please.

even the entire 'body of christ' can't make up its mind if sex between two homosexuals is a sin. so i say, if the couple to be married wants a church wedding, let them find a church that will allow them to marry. there are some out there.

there are some homosexuals that call themselves christians. so i can imagine that if they call themselves christians, they want a church wedding. (and please, when i say the 'call themselves christians' that is not me saying that they are not. there are straight people who call themselves christians as well.)

i am also of the opinion that there are two types of marriages. a civil marriage that lets you change your name if you want, entitles you to benefits, etc etc. and then there is a religious marriage which binds you together in the sight god/goddess/allah/etc. some people have both. some people only have a civil one. who really cares? it's your life, i wish the government would stay out of it.

i'm straight. i married outside.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

WHAT!!!!!! Ok now I'm going! No way no how how dare you even suggest such a thing! For it is written a man shall not lay with a man as with a woman. That a man shall not have any thoughts wicked things and sexual perversion. It is written that a church is a place of God the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. That in the house of my father no wickedness shall take place only acts of righteousness. That is blasphemy and it is written WOE to you who blaspheme the Lord your God. So I say woe to you as his child you know not the pain and suffering you will bring into yourself for such an act. A church is a place a sinner goes to repent not sin woe to you. How dare you comment such an act for if I must I will turn the tables over and tell you of such evils you comment as this reminds me of what Jesus did is when he turned the money changers tables over in the synagogue. You have no right! How dare anyone!  Better where the days when a man would be hung for such an act better were the days when the lust I have commented with my eyes would have me dragged out unto the street and beaten better were the days when people knew and feared God.

That's it! I'm braking out the bible for this one.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

butt ...what about the acts of depravity that have been plaguing the church since it was  ...made up at Nicaea ?   Popes Julius 11, Paul 111,  Gregory X111, Leo X11,  Sergius 111, John X, John X11, Benedict 1X,

...and this one who by all accounts set the bar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Sixtus_IV

so, I dunno if the (Catholic) church can point fingers or pontificate on people's sexual orientation.

either way, thanks for your opinions, they're all welcome and respected  

Anarchitect
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 21st Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 105

fake_reality said:WHAT!!!!!! Ok now I'm going! No way no how how dare you even suggest such a thing! For it is written a man shall not lay with a man as with a woman. That a man shall not have any thoughts wicked things and sexual perversion. It is written that a church is a place of God the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. That in the house of my father no wickedness shall take place only acts of righteousness. That is blasphemy and it is written WOE to you who blaspheme the Lord your God. So I say woe to you as his child you know not the pain and suffering you will bring into yourself for such an act. A church is a place a sinner goes to repent not sin woe to you. How dare you comment such an act for if I must I will turn the tables over and tell you of such evils you comment as this reminds me of what Jesus did is when he turned the money changers tables over in the synagogue. You have no right! How dare anyone!  Better where the days when a man would be hung for such an act better were the days when the lust I have commented with my eyes would have me dragged out unto the street and beaten better were the days when people knew and feared God.

Woe to anyone who takes such blatantly obvious trolling seriously.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

guy has a sense of humour, people just need to get to know him and not judge  ...just like Jesus would have

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Romans 1:26-32 KJV
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: [27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-20 KJV
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
[12] All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
[13] Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
[14] And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
[15] Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. [16] What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
[17] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
[18] Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
[20] For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

And this is what it has to say about anyone that defiles the word of God thinking a little sticking between men in thy bed is ok. For they lie about the Lord.

1 Timothy 1:10 KJV
[10] For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1 Corinthians 9:16 KJV
[16] For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Now this is a little verse I love to read when I sin it gets me going ha know.

Matthew 18:7-9 KJV
[7] Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
[8] Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
[9] And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

I'm told to judge. Lots of Judging done daily.

Zechariah 3:7 KJV
[7] Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Definitely a piss worm.

_shadoe_
yiyi
Tyrant of Words
54awards
Joined 25th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 577

fake_reality said:WHAT!!!!!! Ok now I'm going! No way no how how dare you even suggest such a thing! For it is written a man shall not lay with a man as with a woman. That a man shall not have any thoughts wicked things and sexual perversion. It is written that a church is a place of God the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. That in the house of my father no wickedness shall take place only acts of righteousness. That is blasphemy and it is written WOE to you who blaspheme the Lord your God. So I say woe to you as his child you know not the pain and suffering you will bring into yourself for such an act. A church is a place a sinner goes to repent not sin woe to you. How dare you comment such an act for if I must I will turn the tables over and tell you of such evils you comment as this reminds me of what Jesus did is when he turned the money changers tables over in the synagogue. You have no right! How dare anyone!  Better where the days when a man would be hung for such an act better were the days when the lust I have commented with my eyes would have me dragged out unto the street and beaten better were the days when people knew and feared God.

well fuck a duck, you sound like my mother [&] to that i say, judges 19 [fantastic s&m/snuff erotica] because hypocrisy...
... i can't be arsed about who marries who & where or why. gays have been allowed to get married here for years & we still burn witches & don't know where lightning comes from. everyone else can just get with the programme  

PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 209

If we all started our own churches, polls like these wouldn't be necessary.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

^  not to mention chasing Albinos around for their limbs heh. y'know with witch burning, Albino hunting, and   science still out about lightening  ...if SA says it's ok for gays to marry shouldn't we normal people at least wonder if gays should be genocide-d offa the face of the earth  

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16208

I was just thinking torches and pitchforks. But what does it matter where they marry. Gay or anybody. Or who marries who or what. Each to each own I'd say. My thoughts merely.  

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5600

Here's my opinion, for what it's worth:  The "Church" is not the actual building, but rather all of the people who are believers in God/Jesus.  You don't have to go to a church building to chat with God, pray, work for Him, get married, or anything else, so long as those who are the believers, include God in their daily lives.  While it's nice to have fellowship with other like-minded individuals, i.e., "church" services, gatherings, weddings, etc., it isn't always necessary or in the cards for everyone, such as myself.  I've been a loner for years and have done my best to follow the teachings of God, listen for Him in all things, and work the best I can for Him.

So to question whether or not gays should be allowed church weddings, I would have to say that if people choose to live that lifestyle, then they should also be able to choose to live it how they want.  Personally, I don't agree with that lifestyle and I don't believe it is as God intended for our relationships to be, but I am not the one to make the ultimate judgement on that--God is, and He can do it how He sees fit.  

My job, is to show compassion where I can, minister in areas where I am skilled/learned, and continue to work on my own self in my relationship as it applies to God.  And funny that this topic came up, since this has been a very trying year for me, personally, since October, in the sense of all things I just mentioned.  Some of you know, but I might as well throw it out there, and without all the gory details, I found out that my husband of 25 years, is gay.  I believe that this is a recent revelation for him as well, he thinks I don't know, and it sure puts a lot of things in perspective that happened in the past.

So!  I'm trying to have that compassion, yet the whole thing has made me go through all the stages of disbelief, anger, soul-searching/what did I do wrong, or did I, and grieving it as a death of a marriage that never was a real one.  So maybe my own marriage shouldn't have taken place in a church, or maybe because it did, and half of it was gay, then I just checked the "yes", inadvertently on this poll, but I'll have to ask my husband to see what he'd choose.....

Overall, I personally don't really care about the semantics of it all.  I would never attend a gay ceremony, because even though I may be friends with the people in question, attending a ceremony of any kind, says that you agree with and support what the ceremony is recognizing, and I do not agree with it, based on my belief status in God.  Now don't take that as gay-bashing, because I would never attend a Wiccan ceremony, either, or a Freemason initiation ceremony, or other things I personally don't subscribe to.  I can be tolerant of it all and work with, be friendly with and get together with those who have these things in their lives, but I just don't need to have it in my own face (or on my ring finger, either, hence why I took off my wedding ring, and will wait to see how this current phase of life, plays out.)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

cheers, Doc  ...Jaysus, did " cut your hair short, I'm commin through the back door tonight " not ring any alarm bells  

I jest, fair play, thanks for sharing.

Go to page:
Go to: