Go to page:

The things that make us read and write.What is writing for y

Jonny212
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 72

I just wanted to start a discussion about the things in life that drive us to write.With different reasons for writing. How do we perceive another writers work or even feelings if displayed through their work? Insight into another person's world through their words is effective but also a big help in understanding that person even if it is just a little. Do you think that there is a bigger picture to writing or is it just a hobby, career, or a thing we must do?
        My personal answer to the last question is that I can see into a world I have never been in and learn a bit.I can see into a world that I know but not from my eyes.I can see a world full of different perspectives of life and educate myself yet understand myself by understanding others. More than anything else I believe writing will connect those who are open to other parts of life. I've read a couple of poems that I've learned from, a couple that made me cry a bit, and a few that made me laugh.
       So for me there is a bigger picture to writing. I am just extremely interested in your opinions and thoughts.

Yudhajeet_Sinha_09
Yudi
Twisted Dreamer
India 2awards
Joined 3rd Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 107

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/201157-its-all-about-the-imagination/
Have a look at my work. I have beaten about the bush but I think I have tried to answer the question you have asked.

Jonny212
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Mar 2015

You are absolutely right,and I suggest anyone who finds their way in this room should read what you have written. You used personal happenings as an example, and was also able to get me the reader to relate, look into my  past a bit, and then connect to what you said. To the end you said something that is very true and most people can relate to. I often think If I fell in love with my dream girl would I even want to write creatively.
 After what seemed like hitting the bottom I need to write just to breathe sometimes.So in one way could we be feeding our drive as writers through these trials we face such as heart break maybe? Even further than that do you think there might be some who dive into pain to reach a place in the soul, mind, and heart that produces these feelings?
 Not a big Tay Tay Swift fan by the way but it did help provoke the thought that led to those questions.

atarliss
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 19th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 70

I write whenever I'm upset or have angst to work out or strong emotions to express. I guess for me writing is an outlet with which I can make something beautiful out of negative emotions or experiences.

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

Communication. That is what writing and life is all about. Imagine a world where communication is slow, inept, and corrupted. People would be at each other's throats constantly, there would be no peace, art, beauty, song, or poetry. Just constant war and fighting. Can writing elevate oneself to Godly nature? Any form of communication where the truth can be felt, immediately, will elevate us in to a better utopia. Another thing is hidden truths, in history and in covert organizations suppressing information and knowledge and technology from the world. Keeping the world in a prison of control. One tool of control is money. Money is a form of control. No utopia that uses money will ever be rich or know the abundance of God. Money is a form of limitation. Using money keeps us poor and spiritually limited. In reality, if we want a an object, say a sandwich, we only need to voice that request and the person we ask it from, will hand us a sandwich. But in this illusive control reality, we have to pay for everything, we have to use money first before we can have anything. Writing is a way of keeping records, history, and also away of spreading lies, false propaganda, fear and panic. Only a few spiritually minded people can write prophetically, because they understand the power of prophecy and know how to use it properly and positively. Writing is basically a limited way of communication. So don't try to be a writer, just resonate with a deeper truth. Writing, used properly and positively, can elevate us into a more spiritually evolved state of being, where we no longer need writing. When we no longer feel the need to communicate through writing, we have understood the limitless abundance and efficiency of true communication, which is based on feelings. So, I suggest write with feeling. With a feeling that others can resonate with so deeply, they are moved to tears, or to toilet paper. Peace.

LordCreepy
Colten_Sorrells
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 29th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 51

I honestly have no idea why I write, it's just something I feel compelled to do.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

I write to reach the pinnacle of arseholery. I'm getting there.

Jonny212
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Mar 2015

Bo what you said there is true. Some may disagree, but for me it opens up a door to nearly limitless thought.To me money is a form of control like many other things in our lives, but it's power that is sought after and utilized to make us believe that money is the answer. We play the game regardless of what our thoughts are and live on. They say "money has no owners, just spenders". I agree to an extent. There are people bigger than money and they own money in a way of speaking because they have power.Now aside from that I think all of us write for what ever reason but it is something we do. A piece of paper can yield many outcomes.

dartford
Paul S...
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 29awards
Joined 13th June 2013
Forum Posts: 249

I've got all these words
lying around the house
so I try to put them in
some sort of order but
my wife says I should
just shelve them...

poet Anonymous

I write for pussy... money... weed... fame...

LunaObscura
Utmakalitho Petragammata
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 2nd June 2011
Forum Posts: 655

I write for survival. It's the only way to get some things out of me before they claw their way out

azrael
Rachelann
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 29th May 2013
Forum Posts: 1

I write because the pain and the anger and the hurt has to go somewhere. Also, I'm terrible at drawing so words are my art form!!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
angeleyes322
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 13th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 5

Writing is my way of releasing emotions bottled up. I write when I'm angry, sad, happy or even just in love. It's a way of expressing myself on paper when I'm unable to speak the words. I read for knowledge and escape. A great way to shut the world out!

Jonny212
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Mar 2015

Indeed it is.

Go to page:
Go to: