Go to page:

Trolls

poet Anonymous

hemihead said:Sooooo....if we are talking straight, is me getting drunk/wasted and playing in the forums just me trolling, or is it feeding my du-love..be honest now...

Are bears catholic?

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Ooo said:[quote-297206-hemihead]Sooooo....if we are talking straight, is me getting drunk/wasted and playing in the forums just me trolling, or is it feeding my du-love..be honest now...

Are bears catholic?[/quote]

Probably.

poet Anonymous

hemihead said:[quote-297219-Ooo][quote-297206-hemihead]Sooooo....if we are talking straight, is me getting drunk/wasted and playing in the forums just me trolling, or is it feeding my du-love..be honest now...

Are bears catholic?[/quote]

Probably.[/quote]

good.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

lepperochan said:[quote-297127-Ibycus]

great. problem solved.

some cannot log in without creating another profile [/quote]

And we have an infestation of those, huh?  Although I do not have the all-seeing eye of a mod, I can still spot the traits of a proliferator.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:[quote-297162-lepperochan][quote-297127-Ibycus]

great. problem solved.

some cannot log in without creating another profile [/quote]

And we have an infestation of those, huh?  Although I do not have the all-seeing eye of a mod, I can still spot the traits of a proliferator. [/quote]

Mods do NOT have all-seeing eyes. Some make judgement calls w/o investigating what really is not apparent to the public.

After all the history I have of trying to help the mods in reporting trouble, plagiarists, and alerting them to matters regarding DUP violations, I now have Craic's public stamp of being an instigator in a fight on the comedic thread. ("holly, you started this three pages ago.") My proper defense was cleaned out, but his judgement call still stands as a tarnish on my rep. How many sheeple will now think I must be a troll, simply because a mod's words state me as the starter of a mess?

Cripes, I asked him to show me where my my offensive post was, and nothing was pointed out.

If I have to defend my actions every time I place a poem on a forum, I won't bother posting them any more. and as for the troll who stole my poem to post it on a thread and make fun of it, that violation doesn't take an all seeing eye to know it's an evil action. and i very much thank Madame for banning the fool.

no, there are no all-seeing eyes here. I'd appreciate fuller investigations of matters (which include questions asked to accused) before placing blame...not just by mods, but this shoulkd be done for any person who is called out for some (suspicious) offense.

Thank you.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

You misinterpret me Hollydove. I use the term "all-seeing eye" metaphorically, as in, the mods are privy to what goes on behind the scenes and I am not, viewing IP addresses etc.

I have no clue of what goes on between yourself, Craic or the other Mod.s, other than what I happen to glance upon in the forums.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:You misinterpret me Hollydove. I use the term "all-seeing eye" metaphorically, as in, the mods are privy to what goes on behind the scenes and I am not, viewing IP addresses etc.

I have no clue of what goes on between yourself, Craic or the other Mod.s, other than what I happen to glance upon in the forums.

wasn't really trying to address you as misinterpreting but instead trying to show my def of all-seeing eye. I know mods have more access to certain info. But it's not perfect (ALL-seeing, as I define it). No offense intended to you.

The point is, judge not until you know all the facts.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Fair point, Holly. like you say, it was a judgment call that's all. you're angry about it, I can understand that. here is my position on events that occurred on that thread:

the competition was running smooth enough up until the point you posted the poem "Who’s the old crabber grabbing" after that things started to escalate between three of you.

now, you say that the poem was originally posted at a time when you and RickE were friends, that's fine. nothing wrong with a bit of banter, it happens a lot. but you've not been friends for quite a while now, so posting the poem was provocative, even if that wasn't your intention, it still provoked a response.

you asked me to take some kind of action so I did. I said it like I saw it. I'm sorry it made you so angry

and like Magda says, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to spot  multiple accounts. evidence would suggest that there's at least six attached to the poster of this thread.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

lepperochan said:

and like Magda says, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to spot  multiple accounts. evidence would suggest that there's at least six attached to the poster of this thread.

So how many poets did this Hydra Ibycus start following? I noticed him/her/it in my updates. All of my updates.

Hybiscus?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

lepperochan said:Fair point, Holly. like you say, it was a judgment call that's all. you're angry about it, I can understand that. here is my position on events that occurred on that thread:

the competition was running smooth enough up until the point you posted the poem "Who’s the old crabber grabbing" after that things started to escalate between three of you.

now, you say that the poem was originally posted at a time when you and RickE were friends, that's fine. nothing wrong with a bit of banter, it happens a lot. but you've not been friends for quite a while now, so posting the poem was provocative, even if that wasn't your intention, it still provoked a response.

you asked me to take some kind of action so I did. I said it like I saw it. I'm sorry it made you so angry

Thank you Craic, and just to add one thing to this, it was explained behind the scenes, that the reason why I did not remove your comment in that thread, was because it would have shown a lack of respect for a fellow mod, and would have given the impression that we do not work together as a team.  If a mod comment was of a trolling nature, then yes, that needs to be addressed, as I have been in another forum where we did indeed have a mod who ended up getting bounced for being a troll.   That was not the case here with this situation, and I figured it was necessary to mention that, as I see it as a vital part of how that thread ended up.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5594

Magnetron said:[quote-297230-lepperochan]

So how many poets did this Hydra Ibycus start following? I noticed him/her/it in my updates. All of my updates.

Hybiscus?[/quote]

Well, before Ibycus deactivated his account, sometime within the last 24 hours, as far as poets-followed, there was me, yours, and Holly's.  But "multiple-accounts" refers additional accounts belonging to the same person, not those who a member follows, though they do tend to follow their own accounts to keep track of them.    Personally, I wonder why someone needs multiple accounts to begin with.  I can see perhaps 2 or even 3, to explore different writing personas, but once you get past 3, then the little red flag goes up, and makes me wonder and agree with a statement by another member here which is:  if therapy/counseling is needed, moreso than poetry.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

MadameLavender said:I can see perhaps 2 or even 3, to explore different writing personas, but once you get past 3, then the little red flag goes up, and makes me wonder and agree with a statement by another member here which is:  if therapy/counseling is needed, moreso than poetry.

Some people are highly functioning schizophrenics.

I'd personally be up to 5, but one died of natural causes last year.

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:Fair point, Holly. like you say, it was a judgment call that's all. you're angry about it, I can understand that. here is my position on events that occurred on that thread:

Thank you for the explanation. truthfully, it was NOT my intention to provoke any negative response/trouble. Nothing I write on the poems is intentionally meant to provoke any trouble. Only in rap contests do I feel it's appropriate to chide or dig a bit at someone, because friendly fire is oft the spirit of a rap battle....If I mistaken about that, then I will also never step into a rap arena anymore.

thanks.

poet Anonymous

MadameLavender said:[quote-297232-Magnetron][quote-297230-lepperochan]

Hybiscus?[/quote]

Well, before Ibycus deactivated his account, sometime within the last 24 hours, as far as poets-followed, there was me, yours, and Holly's.  But "multiple-accounts" refers additional accounts belonging to the same person, not those who a member follows, though they do tend to follow their own accounts to keep track of them.    Personally, I wonder why someone needs multiple accounts to begin with.  I can see perhaps 2 or even 3, to explore different writing personas, but once you get past 3, then the little red flag goes up, and makes me wonder and agree with a statement by another member here which is:  if therapy/counseling is needed, moreso than poetry.

[/quote]

Wonder is something most of us do as to the reasons for multiple accounts. But the reasons for them are indiviual, and have been discussed many times. Some are quite sane. So I feel no one needs to study a person who has multiple accts to try and judge mental states when there has been no trouble of trolling or breaking DUP rules from any of the multiple profiles.

If there's been trouble with one, then I can understand all the multiple accts being on watch. Provided there is full proof the multiples are indeed all the same person.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

I agree. there are plenty of users here who explore the perspective of different viewpoints. male -> female etc, plus there are users that at some point shared their profiles with friends or family then felt restricted in what they could write about. for the most part people motor along and post between their different profiles.

I suppose the reason people may have a suspicion of profiles is when there are no poems posted. the profile who started this thread was activated around three months ago with no poems and only forum posts which would suggest that poetry wasn't the reason the profile was made.

there has been members here who created profiles simply to stir up trouble either through forum posts, pm's to other members, stalking other members etc, so when a member has an excessive amount of profiles other members become suspicious of the motive behind them.

anyhow, there's no mad panic. it is what it is        

Go to page:
Go to: