Go to page:

Is it just me?  But is something up with DU?

poet Anonymous

Jestalessa said:*cue the resident Irishman... who is logged in and watching this as we type

She sounds hot, this irish lass...

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Jestalessa said:*cue the resident Irishman... who is logged in and watching this as we type

I think he has his steel toecaps on and is kicking the machinery.  I keep getting an intermittent server.  

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

I knew it.  just been to church confession, I was half way through telling father O Reilly ’bout my holy Mary fetish and my ears started burning.  I knew it had to be the Hobbit, the Leek, and the half a Scott  ....bunch of racists

je sui Gypsies !  yo

...tar your driveway ?  you can pay by the week

poet Anonymous

I'm always keen to pay weakly...it's the Isle in me Skye...

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

lepperochan said:

The Polish guys beat ya to it.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:[quote-296628-lepperochan]

The Polish guys beat ya to it.[/quote]

Classic start for a romance novel...

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Speaking for myself, I bounce across multiple poetry forums and sites with poetry throughout the day.

As far as forums go, DUP is the liveliest. I try to make it more of a priority.

Some days I will just write and do submits. Some days I will just read and drop comments. Some days I will just do critiques. Some days I will do a little of each. And some days I am not always "Magnetron" and still doing these things.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Deathproof said:[quote-296630-Magdalena][quote-296628-lepperochan]

The Polish guys beat ya to it.[/quote]

Classic start for a romance novel...[/quote]

Haha. Top shelf tack at the local newsagent.

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

Haha... What a great thread.. rekindles my love of the ol girl (DU), muddy bat flaps and all

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:[quote-296623-Deathproof]

Try telling that to tom jones' potatoe-skin pants....

I would rather not DP. [/quote]

By god, if that aint double entedre, i'm half the man I thought I was....

M, you are a star.

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:Speaking for myself, I bounce across multiple poetry forums and sites with poetry throughout the day.

As far as forums go, DUP is the liveliest. I try to make it more of a priority.

Some days I will just write and do submits. Some days I will just read and drop comments. Some days I will just do critiques. Some days I will do a little of each. And some days I am not always "Magnetron" and still doing these things.

It's a fake avatar's cry for help...call the kettles, cos this pot is black...

They covered this on MASH once, but I didn't watch it...I fake faint at the sight of fake blood....

Dr who could use me, but when or why, who knows...

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Deathproof said:[quote-296625-Magdalena][quote-296623-Deathproof]

Try telling that to tom jones' potatoe-skin pants....

I would rather not DP. [/quote]

By god, if that aint double entedre, i'm half the man I thought I was....

M, you are a star.[/quote]

I just need bigger heels DP.  :)

Ghoulie
Just G
Fire of Insight
10awards
Joined 20th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 920

Zazzles said:[quote-296557-snugglebuck][quote-296526-Ghoulie][quote-296525-case28]...and apart from Tornado and stuckinahardplace, nobody even fucks anymore... What's happened to this place? You've all become fucking self-conscious or something.

I can't speak for everyone else, but being prego really depletes the needed energy reserves for writing in general, let alone ridiculously awkward perspective of erotica :-P[/quote]

My father once told me that the trials of pregnancy are often exaggerated.

Then my mother decked him.  Three months later I had a baby brother.[/quote]

And there it is but, where the baby daddy? That's the real ridiculously awkward...
hmm, that explains it...I defend my sister's name stuckinahardplace, the writer of "ridiculously awkward" erotica...  [/quote]

Maybe I wasn't clear with my comment. Considering I have enjoyed writing erotica, I feel either you are jumping to conclusions or I am just not communicating my point correctly.

The "ridiculously awkward perspective" comment, was from my own perspective.  I was commenting on Case's quip about why "no one else is fucking."  I didn't want to go into explicit detail, but in experiencing pregnancy for the first time not only to I not feel energetic enough to write in general, the mere thought of me PERSONALLY writing erotica in my current condition (IE PERSPECTIVE) would leave me feeling awkward since I have lost a lot of spunk and  self-esteem lately. Thus it's awkward (for me) to write erotica when I am currently feeling less than sexy.

Near-pologies for my self-deprecation/sarcasm fail(s).

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

Hmmm... That's a good point too Jesta, I have def been lazy about seeking new writers, and many of my "go to" or favorite poets have not been around much

I lack the motivation to seek one out, but there have been quite a few threads about spotlighting newer members that  have been overlooked... I have even started a thread asking members to introduce members that were particularly inspired, or badass, or blossoming- some situation where specific focus should be given to a writer here... I have been introduced to a lot of the poets I follow in threads like that

Eh fuck me, I'll find an old one or make a new one later... I do think those threads are great for stirring the bee hive up a bit

Go to page:
Go to: