Go to page:

Is it just me?  But is something up with DU?

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

Love you too... And I'm not only saying that so you'll sleep with me.
Question, if I adopt a hemi, do I get a boat with that or is that offer only on selected models?
Can we start letting one troll through the cracks every few months for a little while?
It worked for the Romans, and they damn near ruled the world... Trolls, you can't live with them and you can't live without the drama.

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

Whew, that page 11 just made me warm n fuzzy.

I'm getting to be one of the been around too long types

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

Perhaps many people for one reason or another are reluctant to share their poetry at such places where competition is such a big factor. For me and maybe others we are here to share our poetry with others, not compete against them. Look around as there's a good many poetry sites who don't push the competition thing.  

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

MadameLavender said:I think all the categories here, should be left as is.  This is a something-for-everyone webpage, and that will also include "somethings" that not "everyone" will like or approve of.  Simple solution:  if "something" isn't your cup of tea, then don't open that door and go poking around in there, over and over again, once you figure out the contents aren't what you liked, anticipated, approved of, etc.  The counter argument could be "Well, maybe there's something new there, or something that's changed", and yes, that could be true, but if you discover it's the same, then shut the door and move on.

If we start ditching genres, then we might as well split DUP into numerous websites, one for miscellaneous, one for erotica, one for dark stuff, etc., so that everyone can avoid all the rest of what rubs them the wrong way, but guess what--that can still be done by having it all in one place:  Don't click on what you already know, isn't for you.

Some have their feathers ruffled because erotica gets all the reads, or something else gets more attention than them; so what? Why do you care so much about what you're not getting and what others are?  Perhaps you already have what you need right at this moment in time, and we all need to grow where we're planted and learn to love, accept and work with what we presently have, and then maybe that will open new doors to more.  Did you only get 5 reads as opposed to an erotica's 356 reads?  So what, so what, so what.  Did writing your measly 5-read poem, touch someone else?  (read the comments)  Did it stir something in you?  Did it heal or release something in you?  Did it accomplish some goal you had?  Was it pleasing to YOU?  Did it give a feeling of a lightened load on you, or did it make YOU happy/pleased?  Was it something that needed to be written? <---If "yes" to any of these questions, then you've done your job and that's all that was needed for that particular write.  

Look inward, before you look outward, and you might be surprised by what you'll find, or even not find.

I remember writing/posting an extremely lame poem here that was fraught with words like pussy, dick, cum, masturbation and such. Although it was in my opinion one of the lamest poems I ever posted it got way more views than anything else I shared here. That pretty much bespoke of who frequents this place.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Atehequa said:[quote-296731-MadameLavender]

Look inward, before you look outward, and you might be surprised by what you'll find, or even not find.

I remember writing/posting an extremely lame poem here that was fraught with words like pussy, dick, cum, masturbation and such. Although it was in my opinion one of the lamest poems I ever posted it got way more views than anything else I shared here. That pretty much bespoke of who frequents this place.[/quote]

Or stop assuming and just look, because increased views can result from many factors.

Your lame poem could have even had a direct link from Google search.

And any time you have a highly visible link like that, many views can come from individual Search Engine Bots.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems/54635-lesbian-climax/

Here is an erotic poem which is currently #5 rank in Google search for the phrase erotic lesbian poem.

5474 reads in just under 3 years.

About 161 reads per month, most likely from SE Bots and actual people looking for that specific type of content going directly to this poem instead of trudging through the entirety to DUP to stumble upon it.

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

TryHarderMartyr said:I can recall a time when the forums were full of thought provoking conversations and the output of poetry was of high quality and high quantity. But who knows, some of us bastards have just stuck around too long. The ones who write because we have to write, and submit it here because, honestly, where else would we submit? No one would pay us for this shit.

Anyways, love you guys, sorry I'm not as communal as some, but you should hear what they say about me in real life too.

The complaining threads seem to be popular. I'm lacking sleep so can't share coherent thoughts on why this is just now. I have been waiting for this thread to die but people seem to want to vent.

Yeah, am posting my poems here too, out of habit. Quite a few writers here too that I'm happy to see around.

Same questions go around the forums on undefined cycles, "why is DU different?" and "why does erotica get the most views?" and "someone please read my poems" and "where's the nearest liquor store?"

Any day now someone will start a comp about poetry crushes or some one will accuse another member of being a drama llama or someone else will decide they really are leaving and permanently deactivate their account for good – for the fourth or fifth time.

Ahh these reprobate poets, who can tame them? Who'd want to? Not I.

...Crap, forgot I was a mod for a second there. Hey, tosspot, post any plagiarized work, consequences apply. Yep.

OK, carry on.

poet Anonymous

Atakti said:

Any day now someone will start a comp about poetry crushes or some one will accuse another member of being a drama llama .

OK, carry on.

Or someone will post a poem about Drama LLamas.

(Ha. been there done that. Now I need to write lyrics for the llama's chant "Raga Paca Ding Dong".)

mjs211
MikeTheEngineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 20awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2010
Forum Posts: 1572

Peter_Pan said:[quote-297453-Atakti]

Any day now someone will start a comp about poetry crushes or some one will accuse another member of being a drama llama .

OK, carry on.

Or someone will post a poem about Drama LLamas.[/quote]
Llamas come and llamas go,
Both llamas lame and llamas pro,
But just one llama bucks the flow--
The drama llama.

Llamas range both far and wide,
Their poems a source of pers'nal pride,
Except that one that's dead inside--
The drama llama.

When llamas argue whose is best
Based on subjective llama tests
He fancies himself llama-est--
The drama llama.

Llama sailor, llama mama,
Llamas pro- and con-Obama,
None can match the mental trauma
Of the drama llama.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Anybody know where the closest liquor store is? Spent the night mopping up somebody else's chunder... made me reminisce about the soothing hold of a cold tiled floor. God damn, I miss you, cold sweats and the black tang of my stench.

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

case28 said:Anybody know where the closest liquor store is? Spent the night mopping up somebody else's chunder... made me reminisce about the soothing hold of a cold tiled floor. God damn, I miss you, cold sweats and the black tang of my stench.
I'll tell you if you read my poems... Please?

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

His words

Linger on

Inspired

poet Anonymous

mjs211 said:[quote-297459-Peter_Pan][quote-297453-Atakti]

OK, carry on.

Or someone will post a poem about Drama LLamas.[/quote]
Llamas come and llamas go,
Both llamas lame and llamas pro,
But just one llama bucks the flow--
The drama llama.

Llamas range both far and wide,
Their poems a source of pers'nal pride,
Except that one that's dead inside--
The drama llama.

When llamas argue whose is best
Based on subjective llama tests
He fancies himself llama-est--
The drama llama.

Llama sailor, llama mama,
Llamas pro- and con-Obama,
None can match the mental trauma
Of the drama llama.[/quote]

Tenk you.

Honestly, I never heard the term 'drama llama' until Atakti used it in this thread. You should see all the pics of them in Google search. They're hilarious.

Magnumgal
Lost Thinker
1awards
Joined 3rd Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 18

I am new and honestly i am going to start small then goo big(my own poems then competitions) plus i find it very hard to write when you give me a specific subject to write about.

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011

"Or stop assuming and just look, because increased views can result from many factors.

Your lame poem could have even had a direct link from Google search.

And any time you have a highly visible link like that, many views can come from individual Search Engine Bots."

Oh I'm not assuming anything,Bunky.

Go to page:
Go to: