Page:

De yew tink monstirrz exist?  Ore dyd drugz kreate dem?

poet Anonymous

Iz duh Frankinsteinn storee fer reel.  Ore wuz Schellee onn drugz?!

Eye smokd uh bowl.  Eye'm kureeiss whut everybodee tinkz 'but dat
won....

rm

GraveyardBard
Mr. Addams
Twisted Dreamer
United States 2awards
Joined 26th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 31

It's all metaphorical. Shelley was a pretty straight-forward feminist. Dr. Frankenstein is a man, and he created the monster through sinister methodologies that ended up terrorizing the town. In short, "men always fuck up everything". She was also taking a shot at the direction science and technology were headed in back in the 1800s. Lots of advances were being made at the time that made some people feel wary about their own safety. Hope that helped, man

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Jesus....

The internet says this;

"It can be frustrating to stand by and watch your child spell incorrectly. But using invented spelling is an important stage in your child’s development as a writer. In first grade, especially, children are still learning and practicing which letters make which sounds. Using invented spelling is a great way for children to practice which letter-sounds go with which letter! This practice will improve both their writing and reading. Rest assured, your child will develop standard spelling as she gets older".

I get that you like this method, and it is a viable technique for you to use in your writing, but for me, in love with the subtleties and strangeties of language, your communication technique extending even to thread topic names is beginning to get old....or worse, a good old warm piss on what most of us are here for.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this R-mill, as, to me, this overused method is the opposite of what a writer is trying to do (communicate, man)...and yes, I am familiar with the Bronte sisters and their use of giberrish...don't make it right though...

(yes, this is a thread hijack...ban me 'til my balls fall off)

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Perhaps I should have done this, but it seems like we've been doing this a while now...

"Finally, and most importantly, DO encourage a love of writing! Writing should be a fun, low stress activity. Take the pressure off your child to spell all words correctly and instead praise him for his imaginative story or interesting details. When your child values writing, he will see the importance of writing to be understood, and this will encourage him to develop more conventional spelling later."

poet Anonymous

hemihead said:Perhaps I should have done this, but it seems like we've been doing this a while now...

"Finally, and most importantly, DO encourage a love of writing! Writing should be a fun, low stress activity. Take the pressure off your child to spell all words correctly and instead praise him for his imaginative story or interesting details. When your child values writing, he will see the importance of writing to be understood, and this will encourage him to develop more conventional spelling later."

Yer tew kute hemeehed. Spellin' iz induh mynd uv duh reedher! Dawn't haftuh bee uh killjoi. Itt taykes reel f-urt tew deecyphur gibberish. Tyme iz uvduh essince.  Youze kant skimm mai stuf.

Eye diddint wryte itt.  Eye'm duh messinger frum duh Greek gawdz.  Don't blayme mee---

Buttercup

Emotions
Up and down
up and down
up and
d
o
w
n
like that homo with ocd turning off and on
the light switch
10 times
then stepping backwards
and doing a pirouette in reverse before he
leaves the house
Today, you were my buttercup.
Yesterday
I wanted to saw off your head
and bury it in the backyard next to the hamster
I forgot to give water to
I want to saw you up my little buttercup.

Written by Sara Fielder © Feb 2012

theskinnyone
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 24th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 38

de beasts ov de jungl
de memeries in yur assid trip
deh things yu carry
evri mistake evri slyp
de beasts yu imagin ar realli deh regrets mistakes and memories ov deh mind.

theskinnyone
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 24th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 38

theskinnyone said:de beasts ov de jungl
deh things yu carry
evri mistake evri slyp

poet Anonymous

theskinnyone said:de beasts ov de jungl
deh things yu carry
evri mistake evri slyp

damm skinnknee won yew stole mai dickshinnaree....lol
eye gess oui R awl monstirrz innuh weigh
know reegretz here
onlee magikul phun

rm

schizodude
a voice from the void
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 14th Feb 2011
Forum Posts: 178

They exist so long as we read the words eched in the pages. All these amazing writers do what some do here weave a story in every letter used. That's what make these vampiryes, lychans, warlocks, shades, demons, etc. etc. become real in our heads. In the end it's a story that takes you on an adventure.

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2796

What constitutes a monster to begin with is a bit on the subjective side since there are many theories about the origins of certain “monsters” and not all of them point towards the creature in question being in actually a creature at all. Take the Gorgon for instance… I read a book years ago that proposed the possibility that in reality, way back in ancient “mythic” times, some Greek hero killed a powerful priestess or queen and that snake symbolism was a very prominent aspect of her culture, and probably her personal symbolism as well. Now, it sounds far less gallant to say that said “hero” basically just plain killed a woman, no matter how powerful or imposing she may have been (or not… said “hero” may have actually been a villain and killed a totally innocent women for whatever the reason, mayhap she spurned his advances or refused to be subservient to him in some manner and it bruised his male ego and drove him into a murderous rage – you never know). But figuring that Perseus is on his way home from his “adventure” or more accurately in this context campaign of conquest or whatever… he needs to think of what to tell the people back where he is from when they ask where he went, what he did, and why he did it. So he remembers that Medusa, the woman he just killed and whole cult he wiped our or country he just invaded or took over or whatever was really the case… her symbolism was snake-related. So he makes up this story about her being some awful monster in order to justify his having ended her life. In the myth, he takes her head with him, and as we all know head taking was a thing that ancient warriors did quite often to those they vanquished… so Perseus decided to make his story more plausible by killing some snakes on the way back home to Greece and entwining them in the dead woman’s hair. As the skin of her head decayed, it may have seemed greenish with putrefaction and certainly would have been hideous over time as it rotted completely, so perhaps by the time Perseus got back to Greece with her head, with the snakes in its’ hair and the added horror of its’ decay, people would have looked at it and most certainly believed that she had been a monster if that was the spin on things that the “hero” was trying to get across. I read in another book once, that there are some who theorize that if Hercules had been real he most certainly would have been a liar and a braggart on par with the Baron Munchausen himself. An old saying goes: “History is written either by the victors or the survivors.” So some ancient myths, if certain ones were based on actual people and their deeds, the truth would most certainly have been lost amidst the tall tales and exaggerated stories spun first by the “heroes” themselves and then later by successive generations telling and retelling the “hero’s” story over and over again until it was no longer recognizable even from the original tall tale that started it. One sometimes accepted notion amongst feminist scholars of Greek Mythology is that Medusa represented an aspect of an old matriarchal system that the patriarchal system of Medusa’s time wanted stamped out so that it would not become a challenge to its’ male-dominant power. Perseus can be seen, in that light, as an agent of that militant patriarchy. Many “monsters” such as Medusa and Arachne… when you look at their respective stories… it fast becomes obvious that to begin with they are victims of the jealous, pettiness, and wrath of the Olympian gods and goddesses, and in each case they are… in the exaggerated myths themselves… transformed by the gods into something hideous and terrible simply because some god or goddess did not like them. On variant of Medusa’s tale says she was a god’s lover and when the god’s wife found out she jealously turned Medusa into a gorgon as punishment. In Arachne’s case, her only crime was being good at sewing or spinning and either winning (or in some versions of the tale losing) a sewing or spinning contest to a goddess, who transformed her into either a spider or some spider-like monstrosity. Serpents were actually a symbolic aspect of ancient Minoan culture as it pertained to women, and many important priestesses there worshipped a goddess whose symbol was a woman holding two serpents, one in each hand. Just as bulls were an important symbolic aspect of ancient Minoan culture as it pertained to men, especially to kings such as Minos himself. So we know that animals of various sorts were symbols utilized by various ancient cultures. From the sounds of it, the Crete of mythical times especially during the reign of King Minos, was not well understood by some other nations of Greece during that same era and timeframe. There were many bloody rituals that went on there which pertained to bulls, for instance, such as bull sacrifices, sacrifices of people to bulls in bloody bullfights, sometimes for sport other times for sacred purposes, and the most infamous being the brazen bull which was a kind of torture or execution device into which people were placed, the brass bull was heated, and the people within were burned alive. Methinks if someone like Perseus or Theseus came to Crete during that era, either’s reaction to the rites and rituals witnessed would be not dissimilar to the astonishment tinged with disgust that was prevalent amongst the Spanish conquistadors when they witness various aspects of ancient Aztec culture and were shocked. Like the Spanish conquistadors, I’d wager Perseus and Theseus may not have been the heroic sorts we think of them as today, and if we knew the truth I have a feeling we would not like it in the least. In truth, Medusa may have been no different from the serpent priestesses of ancient Minoan Crete, a powerful woman maybe even respected and loved by her own people whilst being hated and feared by her enemies and misunderstood by outsiders to her culture. In Arachne’s case, what we have is an exaggeration of the fact that she was extremely skilled at sewing, spinning, needlework, and likely crafting… and so, the victorious goddess, when bragging of her having punished Arachne for whatever the “offense”… likely thought it whimsical to compare Arachne to a spider, a creature good as spinning webs. The truth is, Arachne was probably killed by the goddess she had angered, not transformed, and perhaps her body was buried in some spider-infested tomb or cave, and the myth grew from there. There are countless theories one could come up with, and endless possibilities, but the end result is that the core truth is nearly always the same… that the monsters of Greek Mythology, in reality were not monsters but people. And that is just a couple of examples, which serve to provoke more than a bit of thought regarding the “reality” of monsters: as we know them in our stories, tales, and myths today. We must never forget a simple fact… sometimes the fairy tale can be preferable to the truth. So in a way, sometimes the monsters and villains of these stories are simply misunderstood! Just some thoughts to consider: when debating the nature and origin of various legends regarding monsters. In any case, you can bet the ancients did not examine too closely the validity of their heroes’ claims at being great and having done great deeds. And in the absence of scrutiny, you can bet those “deeds” were just accepted at face value. Tragically.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Yes... There has been 150 animal human hybrids in Britain permitted this year. I am sure there is a lot more we don't know about. Movies are usally based on some reality and I sespect splice is based on a ture creature. My bible teaches that these abominations exsisted in the past in the days of Noach. Most of Greek history has much reality behind its creatures. I recommend you take a harder faith for Jesus since we are getting close to the end. What's with your speech it's very difficult to read. Oddly it is very natraul though... You write a curde version of how I think, straightforward.

Oh and I also belive "holousiniginic" drugs are a way to connect with the sprit world becuse they where used with witchcraft and are banned by God. Although I think you'd be crazy to try it, don't take drugs! Take Jesus! Repent today and beg for Jesus to batize you in the Holy Sprit! To the atheist forums to creat deciples.

Page:
Go to: