Go to page:

At what age should you allow your kids to start dating

rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

One of my points was that a strict limit on dating would backfire because it often encourages the child to go against the parent - which is when those negative situations tend to occur. Allowing a child to experiment with identification and judgment may be a very good way to let them start developing it. Obviously, though, go with your child's maturity level, keep the environment safe (if necessary for your kid's safety, supervised).

Prevention could be better than cure. But prevention frequently fails, and children need to learn resilience and recovery at some point - not from anything too serious, of course - that's where your say on the environment and supervision come in. But learning what "cure" works could be beneficial later in life when the kid encounters stress or loss.

UnleashedHeathen
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 6th Dec 2011
Forum Posts: 578

Sentinel said:Really does depend on who the person is, there are some 30 something's that arent ready to start dating yet.

Yes.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
infinitebeauty1
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 11th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 12

i dont have kids but i would tell them when they are 18. dating usually leads to sex and i personally made a promise to myself that i would never lose my own virginity until i was legally an adult. when you are under 18 you are just not ready. emotionally and mentally...to think about dating/love/sex any of that.

Go to page:
Go to: