Go to page:

At what age should you allow your kids to start dating

poet Anonymous

kids who want to date will find a way to date.
Also, up until a certain age "My parents don't let me" is a great excuse to use in order to avoid dating.

ChemicalRose
Meguana
Twisted Dreamer
United States 4awards
Joined 6th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 37

I'm a teen myself and I have always wanted to know this question.  My mother says not until I'm in high school. I would have to actually say 13-older but that's just my opinion

poet Anonymous

I (and my younger siblings) started dating at 15. Worked out well for us, I think my parents made a good decision in making that limit.

atarliss
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 19th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 70

I had my first boyfriend at 16, we lasted 2 months and actually managed to end it in a somewhat-friendly manner. But we had a lot of parental supervision and stuff which I think helped keep the entire relationship positive and not too deep. I think that "serious" dating should probably saved for when someone is old enough to start thinking about marriage, because a 14 year old doesn't need the pressure of thinking for two. Just a thought.

2entyce
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 12th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 17

It definitely depends on the maturity level of the child. Also how they are raised. You have to teach them that with dating comes a lot of responsibility. If you're not prepared for the risks, then you're not ready to date.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Well... This speaks like a problem for the good book. Ammmmm... After they have been baptized in the holy sprit speak I tongues and live in love and service to others. Yup that's my verdict of when is an aproprate time, or maybe around 20ish.

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

Why would children want to date? Let us think naturally. Kissing and fucking. That's what's going on at that age. It's best to teach your children rationally and realistically about sex and what happens when they have intercourse. Sometimes, in God's plan, babies want to come early. So we have lots of teen moms and teen pregnancy. It's not a bad thing, but it's all about timing. A lot of people study astrology and understand when to make a baby. But when God want to come on Earth, God going to come on Earth. You have daughters that are basically ready to get good and pregnant, perhaps by black men. And if it's their destiny then they going to get pregnant. You as a parent can only do so much. It's best to pray over your children and most of all, explain to them about sex and pregnancy. Most of all tell them to stay away from drugs, alcohol and herbs. Your children are not your property, they are sovereign and have a will of their own. You must express how you feel and the pitfalls of life that you have learned to avoid along the way. One of which, is schooling. Tell them not to go to college, save their money, believe in themselves and make their own wealth and vocation. It's possible these days with so much social media, anybody can be famous and rich for no particular reason than the fact that they are breathing. Lastly, let's talk about love. Tell your children to love and Respect themselves first. Self respect will cause their life to rearrange itself around their new found confidence and outlook. But basically, as I said, kids at that age just want to do two things; kissing and fucking. It's all about kissing and fucking. Peace.

Warlord
Lost Thinker
Ireland
Joined 21st Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 31

Perhaps by black men ? Come on sham what difference will it make to me who got my kid preggo black white or Martian I'm still going on a rampage. Tell them not to go college wtf? That's one of the most important things I will do as a parent is see to it that my kids make all the way through school college and  university.  just because a few fluke it without an education is  not and never will be a valid reason for not trying

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 124

Warlord said: Hi .
So I'm an Irish traveller and we don't allow our daughters to date outside marriage
But I've never  been completely ok with that I've seen to many bad marriages come from it.
so I'm wondering at what age do kids normally start dating
And is it better to wait until there over 16 or will this cause more problems then it solves

I notice that you speak only of your daughters.
What about your sons?
Do you allow them?
If not, fair enough, you are distorted egalitarians.
If Yes,(I suspect this is the case), who with? (I suppose not with your daughters, as they are not aloud by your prohibition).
Have you ever asked yourselves why kids want to date?
It is because the age comes when they fell a natural urge to have sex (fucking), and I don't see anything wrong with nature in bringing them to that age and manifesting that urge.
Now, only a pervert could go against nature. (At least that's my definition of a pervert).
Never mind all the other bollocks about age, morality, tradition, ethnicity, legislation, religion, etc, etc.
Nature tells kids to start fucking, you tell them not to.
On your own heads be it.

(But if you look into human social history, you always loose in the end, so why such a silly question?)

Warlord
Lost Thinker
Ireland
Joined 21st Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 31

It's guys  like you that make me want to fuck people up .kids are not all about sex that's bull shit only a pervert thinks that way.
Even adults date without sex you go out there's no spark or you want to wait for what ever reason .you are a pervert

hornyatmorn
Twisted Dreamer
2awards
Joined 8th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 124

Warlord said:It's guys  like you that make me want to fuck people up .kids are not all about sex that's bull shit only a pervert thinks that way.
Even adults date without sex you go out there's no spark or you want to wait for what ever reason .you are a pervert

I don't understand you. You ask for an opinion, you get one, there is no need to be aggressive.
Does everybody have to agree with you?
I did not call you a pervert, I just gave you my definition of one.
But you did...

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Warlord said:It's guys  like you that make me want to fuck people up .

Fuck people up what?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

If you strictly forbid it, it is likely that you will only be encouraging them to go against you. I would take a more relaxed standpoint on this. Make sure they understand the dangers/possible outcomes of relationships, and that whatever is happening is safe and age appropriate, and consider letting them start when they're ready.

It may sound a bit scary, but this may actually encourage them to be open with you about what is going on, whereas if you'd simply forbid it they would pretty much inevitably sneak around. Openness is good. And after being left to decide for themselves when they're ready to start, they may decide that dating isn't really that important after all.

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt - I'm a sixteen year old myself, but I have the added experience of seeing my peers deal with different situations around me and the opportunity to learn from it. I try to.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: