Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

33.33% • 5 votes • Mayweather (decision)
33.33% • 5 votes • Pacquiao (decision)
20.00% • 3 votes • Pacquiao (KO or TKO)
13.33% • 2 votes • Mayweather (KO or TKO)
Total votes: 15
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

The fight that is long overdue happens May 2nd in Las Vegas, NV. Like good poetry, boxing is filled with blood, heart, and human conflict ... So who will win this match of titans?

http://dev.hov-mma.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4634567/pacquiao-ko-hatton-o.gif

LakedNunch
Jr
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 23rd May 2013
Forum Posts: 88

first off thak you for posting a good topic that these nerds dont wanna talk about
second im putting my money on pacman. Im hoping for a ko but i'll be happy with a decision
mayweather is the most vulgar, obnoxious, and self entitled boxer who ever lived. his ego is astronomical and has no sense of honor, sportsmanship and respect. maybe its all an act but even Ali with his swelled head stood for something and was behind a cause. But... Mayweather is one of the best welterweight champions and THE greatest BOXER who has ever lived. I mean his precision and speed are incredible. hes really mastered the art of boxing. but he's never faced a brawler like manny pacquiao.
his style, grace, power, and speed are dangerous to any boxer. The only person to really understand his method was Marquez and that's because they fought 4 times. If we look back at their most recent fights who looks hungrier? who looks stronger?  The way pacman took apart algeri, a man who by the way faced and survived 12 rounds with Prodokinkov and won after several knock downs, is simply jaw dropping. manny is way past his prime and he knocked down algeri 5 times i think? While mayweather struggled to take down maidana. twice. Mayweathers best and most formidable opponent/fight was against cotto 3 years ago. I wish i could have seen this 7 years ago but here it is now. I hope manny is going to give everyone in the world a run for their money and shut up that bald illiterate piece of shit Mayweather.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

I agree Mayweather is technically an incredible boxer.  He beats his opponents on points not necessarily power.  I'd love to see Pacquiao win but I don't know if Floyd is gonna let him get close enough to do damage.

EngrVV
D_Poetic Engineer
Dangerous Mind
United States 40awards
Joined 11th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 2483

If Manny does not beat Floyd by TKO, then he is going to lose on technical points at the end of 12 rounds. Thank you JR for rooting for my countrymate and LSP for posting; something different to talk about besides the snowstorm that is hitting us right now. As always, I'm for Manny, win or lose!

I'm sore from shoveling the snow as if I just went through a few punches with a 100-lb. bag.

LakedNunch
Jr
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 23rd May 2013
Forum Posts: 88

Another thing to think about. Who are the only people to have beaten manny? maruqez and bradley. we have to take to account that they each threw at least 100 punches in the first few rounds. mayweather has never thrown anything neeeaaar that. He just sits there and waits. he wont able to take the barrage of punched manny is gonna give to him. i want to see a ko at round 9. otherwise manny has to play a smart boxer and win points

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

LakedNunch said:Another thing to think about. Who are the only people to have beaten manny? maruqez and bradley. we have to take to account that they each threw at least 100 punches in the first few rounds. mayweather has never thrown anything neeeaaar that. He just sits there and waits. he wont able to take the barrage of punched manny is gonna give to him. i want to see a ko at round 9. otherwise manny has to play a smart boxer and win points

I don't think Manny can win this on points ... It's Floyd's house, literally.  Manny is gonna have to go in and knock him out if he wants to own it.  

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Manny is fast, tough and a very aggressive fighter, but I think his days of winning by knockout are over. I think Mayweather has the reach to keep his opponent at bay and is a better reative and tactical fighter to counter attack his opponent.

There's a lot on the line, Mayweather is going to be very prepared to take on the explosivness of his opponent, he may even surprise everyone and try to knock Manny out in the early rounds, but more than likely the fight will be going to a decision.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Fights, minus hyperbole, usually go to who has most to lose, the better reach, who has had the least damage previously, and who had the best prep.

Mayweather has the most to lose, has better reach, hasn't had as many hard hard fights and prepares very well.

Also, these are little guys, so stop talking ko's...little guys drop bums with ko's, not classy guys (tko's and standing counts yeah maybe).

Points win, Mayweather.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013

Fighters don't get through their career undefeated without being smart about who they fight and when they fight them. If Mayweather fought Manny 5 years ago, before Manny lost his title, then the odds wouldn't be in Mayweather's favour. Manny has already been broken in two hard fights a few years ago and this gives Mayweather the psychological edge.

But Manny knows how to punch hard, he's always on his front foot in attack, putting his full weight behind his punches and often timing them perfectly on the side of the head or the chin. I think Mayfield will win on points... but sometimes having nothing to lose can make you dangerous.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

accepted.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013

This is a pretty interesting video.

http://youtu.be/8Pe4qbXylrE

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010

Ok...so now I've watched some more recent fights, and some fights where they fought the same guys, and looked at stats on weight class jumps/records...and have changed my mind

One guy is fast and maybe getting better, and the other maybe isn't quite as good any more, and has been exposed by fast guys before...although the weight class is closer to what floyd's natural weight is...

Manny is the new money.

Sentinel
Maggie Santos
Lost Thinker
United States 2awards
Joined 22nd Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 40

I really do think that pacmans hand speed will be the factor here. Decision Pac.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Less than a week away for the most monied fight in boxing history ... Who ya got?

Vegas has it -215 Mayweather and +185 Pacquiao ... That means you'd have to bet 215 to profit 100 on Mayweather, in contrast bet 100 on Pacquiao and you win 185.   The latest report says more money is dropping on Mayweather but more people are betting Pacquiao; translation: for every bettor dropping 200 on Mayweather, ten bet 10 looking to almost triple their money ...

... And No, I don't have a gambling problem - it's only a problem when I lose.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Alright, so who won the bout ? I waited up till four in the mornin And just as the fight was about to start  our village got hit with a black out. So I went to bed

Go to page:
Go to: