can you name one god given right

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14578

We are all stupid in that we create laws and rights, god or any other given, for future generations to argue over their meaning for purposes of personal agenda.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

I'd always thought free will to be a gift rather than a right. I realize they seem closely related but there are connotational differences. If god gifted us with free will, there would be no need for him to tell us we had it. so if freewill is a right what do we not have the right to do in order for there to be rights issued from the heavens

and in anyway,  our free will is restricted, we cannot do everything we please or choose to

rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Yes, I suppose I agree with you on that. The question assumes that that creator is a god, and I was pointing that out.

Not to get defensive or follow you around on every forum xD  I'm just bored and I like following along with the latest forum discussions.

poet Anonymous

the argument that god is simply a vague creator is definitely a smarter argument than any of the ones for a specific god or gods. ...but could very well be replaced by the physical phenomenon that is(was) the big bang, or a scientific process.. as Newgod said, but of course it could always then be argued that god is responsible for the big bang soooo...i donno...

maybe the concept of creation as we understand it isn't even relevant...or make sense... outside of the universe.

rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

I'm convinced it was some biological process, or that the laws of how things work as we know them don't apply to how things began, but until solid proof is found, I'll stick with not knowing rather than assuming.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14578

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Capitalization of Creation and Creator noted.

applepie77
Fire of Insight
Belgium 1awards
Joined 4th Feb 2015
Forum Posts: 1040

What about the unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, men are endowed with?
I haven't seen any proof in favour nor against that assumption yet. So, why don't we take these rights for granted until the opposite has been proven?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Free Will is a bit more complicated than just doing whatever you want. I mean there is capability for a start: whether you can actually do or achieve that thing (can't run through congress and parliaments shouting 'banana' without someone trying to stop you). Besides, there are a few primal instincts and developed social inheritance that try to avoid you killing and destroying everything around you, partly because it may get you killed and partly because it doesn't quite solve problems.

Talking of Creation, it would be hard to know the cause of everything if existence only shows the effect. I mean if there is nothing before a big bang, or a Creator's process, just non-existence, it would be hard to know the cause as it would be mostly invisible in every way. Besides, any Creator, therefore leads to the question of who or what made such a creator.

Not really giving you a logical bollocking Newgod, just my thoughts on such things, well brief thoughts, any essay would be best kept non-being until asked for!

Any god given right, also points towards us not having such a thing before any god, whereas theoretically anything can be ours naturally whether we are aware of it or not. Therefore, we do not need or require a gifting, as it is already there, but it may well need a discovering of, and understanding of. Right, the ramble has set in so that's all folks.

Additional, thanks to applepie77.
Life is not really a right, as it is a complex process requiring a variety of many things. However it is answered by the right to not be beset with death, or hindrances to life; such as withholding food or water. Life, even in its most basic form is based upon chance and a fight for survival, which points away from life as being a right or even a responsibility but a thing that is, and cannot be necessarily given, or even taken (People or things can be killed and brought death, but not un-lifed!).
Liberty, or freedom, is a right to a certain degree. Modern life does not allow slavery, and actively avoids slavery. Yet there are many ways to lose liberty and freedom by trading them for another need or thing in order to be part of society. Not to mention the hindrances to freedom and liberty such as not having the means: to be actively working most days in a paying job and not free to 'just be' in order to compromise and enjoy such things as entertainment, education, and money.
Happiness, not that's a good one. It seems that the human race is not in line for having the right to happiness, as we can also experience other feelings such as sadness and grief that prevent or at least put a dampner on happiness. We could try to be happy 24/7 but it would not necessarily benefit us, as individuals or as a species. Without a responsibility attached, or a case of this for that, happiness is somewhat awkward. It can be attained, without being rightfully earned, and is even not necessary for life or existence; but is needed for a good life, and enjoyable life.

These three things, life, liberty, happiness, do not seem to quite fit the rights box: as they are more complicated and complex, and more of a facet or feature, than a right or responsibility.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

when i was wing dinging around Guatemala i saw strong young men that worked hauling fruits and vegetables during the day
at nite they slept undisturbed in large rooms
on the floor
worse than farm animals,
as they had no shepherd to lay down some bedding

slept in long hallways used during the day for various reasons

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

God gave us all kinds of rights. All kinds. You have to see God as an artist. In art, there are no rules or laws.  You have the right to disagree with me, and it is a God given right.  But you better not disagree because I'll beat your ass, and I'll beat your ass right.  How can a woman not believe in God? I can understand how a man cannot believe in God, but how can a woman doubt God?  Men cannot create life, so they create lies.  If I hear another woman say that she's atheist and that God does not exist, I'll beat her ass. I am not misogynist. I'm just the messenger. And you know what they say about the messengers.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Im a woman...and an atheist...

god doesn't exist.  

fight me Bo!

Go to page:
Go to: