Go to page:

can you name one god given right

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

case28 said:Okay, so this thread needs to be REPORTED with a WARNING to go SMOKE a JOINT before you start SCREWING with people's MINDS when they read about the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to BREED on MARS.

Agreed, a tad ambitious, but I got sick of the same old Earthly arguments, lol

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Magdalena said:[quote-294202-lepperochan]

I think myself that both of the arguments are wrong. I think rights are a system designed to impede people while  empowering  others. another class system

This^

And

Everyone came from the womb, so I think women should have all of the say.  :P[/quote]

Yes, humans agree with any rules that keep them in charge. Dilemma.

I think I'll join miki in declaring myself an alien. Hope the mothership has cable.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Atakti said:

I think I'll join miki in declaring myself an alien. Hope the mothership has cable.

I'm in.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Atakti said:[quote-295192-Magdalena][quote-294202-lepperochan]

I think myself that both of the arguments are wrong. I think rights are a system designed to impede people while  empowering  others. another class system

This^

And

Everyone came from the womb, so I think women should have all of the say.  :P[/quote]

Yes, humans agree with any rules that keep them in charge. Dilemma.

[/quote]

Well bugger me! I thought rules were to reach a compromise and establish some semblance of order (not necessarily a good or perfect one).

Everyone came from the womb.... but humans do not reproduce asexually, need a male and female.
And if it comes to that we all came from space what with the expanding big bang. A Bang that did not seem to have any female holes or male phallics to make it happen!

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

Alabama and god given rights? One can only hope there are no ropes, tree boughs and men wearing white sheets and pointy hats/masks are involved.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Viddax said:

Everyone came from the womb.... but humans do not reproduce asexually, need a male and female.

Haha, Viddax.  You should take no notice of some of the things I say.  

poet Anonymous

Buggher mee gentlee!
Butt duz God eevin xist?
Lyke whoo iz duh muhthirr
us awl?
Gipsea queen.
Duk supe.

poet Anonymous

This whole thing concerning Alabama is made even more ridiculous because of the fact that they're the ones that passed a bill banning sharia law("protecting Alabama from something that’s never been a problem for anyone in Alabama or any other part of the United States, but could be") and are now using the bible(written in ancient Galilee, making it foreign/sharia law) in order to justify restricting same sex marriage.

also there are no god given rights as there is no such thing as god.

dungendona
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 24th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 65

I believe we all have the God given right to have freedom of choice. That's that......

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Magdalena said:[quote-295251-Viddax]

Haha, Viddax.  You should take no notice of some of the things I say.  [/quote]

Oh that line wasn't aimed at you, or anyone really. Though to be honest I'm not too fond of the idea of leaving earth. Not until we have actually made life on earth work well first.

poet Anonymous

dungendona said:I believe we all have the God given right to have freedom of choice. That's that......

If anything people have the right to defend their life and freedom, but that is inherent through nature.

daggerguns
Twisted Dreamer
1awards
Joined 7th Nov 2009
Forum Posts: 75

I absolutely agree with the right to die.

Civil rights are government-given, faith is indeed god-given, however, for the child who dies three seconds after being born in intense, unbearable pain, these rights mean little to nothing. The child who existed with the right to die cashed in on that debt, as we all will.

If we are talking of universal rights governed by nature, I see the strongest argument for the right to die being the only one.

However, in response to the original post, that situation sounds quite strange. America is a religious country, but separation of church and state, as another user stated, indicates clearly that issues of the law are not to be made on religious grounds. That being said, we still swear people in on holy texts and pledge allegiance to a nation that is supposedly under god. Belief is part of what powers our country, but it should not be used to determine civil rights, the exception being the right to practice your religion.

poet Anonymous

daggerguns said:
If we are talking of universal rights governed by nature, I see the strongest argument for the right to die being the only one.

That sounds rather morbid. If you have the right to die you must also have the right to live, as you can't have one without taking part in the other, which makes both life and death equally important and strong arguments...but more importantly they both support the right to freedom, the inevitable freedom to live, die, stagnate...etc.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

There is no such thing as a god-given right, or anything really. We have no scientific proof that god can give anything at all, not to mention the lack of proof that a god even exists.

If you mean human rights that exist inherently, however, 30 are guaranteed.
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

Go to page:
Go to: