A DU convention; what sort of mood would prvail?

47.83% • 11 votes • A full blown, knockdown drunken orgy with at least 3 fistfights and 1 unplanned pregnancy.
30.43% • 7 votes • An air of goodwill and fellowship among artists.
17.39% • 4 votes • Intellectual deep discussions punctuated by philosophical arguments.
4.35% • 1 vote • A cold clash of competitive egos.
Total votes: 23
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

A DU convention; what sort of mood would prvail?

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

If DU were to host a convention for its poets, particularly for those who enter the DU competitions, what sort of mood would prevail?  

I'm wondering this, because if such a convention were held, I'd be packing my bags to go. So I'm taking this poll, to mentally prepare myself for what to expect.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

I'd like to say I knew what happened when 3 DU poets got together for an art exhibition... but unfortunately I passed out from too much ______ and ______.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

i vote for all of the above,

i personally know a couple of yall,

and ur morphine,whiskey and obsession with shadows,

is a gr8 convo icebreaker,

you don't want this group renting your banquet room............

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

"ur morphine, whiskey and obsession with shadows"

Your to funny Johnny!

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

case28 said:I'd like to say I knew what happened when 3 DU poets got together for an art exhibition... but unfortunately I passed out from too much ______ and ______.

Alex, please tell us more.  And name names.  Inquiring devious minds would like to know.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

With all the personalities, it would probably be like high school, only older....

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

I agree with johnrot; all of the above. Sounding a lot like any high school reunion/ dancey thing, just with a few more exotic and esoteric words in the natter chatter.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

MadameLavender said:With all the personalities, it would probably be like high school, only older....

Hmmm!  Does principle Lavender just give detention, or does she paddle too?

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Viddax said:I agree with johnrot; all of the above. Sounding a lot like any high school reunion/ dancey thing, just with a few more exotic and esoteric words in the natter chatter.

"Exotic and esoteric words in the natter chatter." Now those are words worthy of plagiarism.  

Just let me get my pencil.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

I'll nominate at least two state side cities: 1. KEY WEST, FLORIDA ... southern most point of the continental U.S. with great beaches  - deep sea fishing - Ernest Hemingway's home - incredible bar hopping scene with live music in virtually every venue ... 2. NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA ... Great! Food! ... Bars & music ... Ghost tours and haunted cemeteries ... Gambling ...

Bring your guitars - and poetic voices and be prepared to stage DUP open mics virtually everywhere.

Just a thought.

PrototypeD
Lost Thinker
1awards
Joined 12th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 28

I dunno, still new here but count me in... especially N'awlins Baby!

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1617

I vote New Orleans. Where else would Hades hang out? Or, Hell (pun intended), any old cemetery would be great. You bring the booze, I'll bring the babes.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

LobodeSanPedro said:I'll nominate at least two state side cities: 1. KEY WEST, FLORIDA ... southern most point of the continental U.S. with great beaches  - deep sea fishing - Ernest Hemingway's home - incredible bar hopping scene with live music in virtually every venue ... 2. NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA ... Great! Food! ... Bars & music ... Ghost tours and haunted cemeteries ... Gambling ...

Bring your guitars - and poetic voices and be prepared to stage DUP open mics virtually everywhere.

Just a thought.

I'm packing my jammies and toothbrush in between posts.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

HadesRising said:I vote New Orleans. Where else would Hades hang out? Or, Hell (pun intended), any old cemetery would be great. You bring the booze, I'll bring the babes.

I'm smuggling in some Surly beer in a suite case full of ice, on the flight.  

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Hades says 'babes', I'm picturing infant sacrifices...

NOLA sounds right for poets, although the sea in FL could be worth a splash.

Lightweights need not apply – keep up, man.

Go to page:
Go to: