Rethink your intentions...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Firstly I'll say I love erotica - erotica is what first brought me to DUP, but it's not why I stay.  I state that bc sometimes it's discouraging to see any clone who mentions (cock, pussy, ass, tits, hard and cum) can generate 500 reads - 0 comments; yet some talented pieces and poets go largely unnoticed here.

I've often suspected those poems and poets who generate the numbers you speak of Donnie have their poetry linked to other accounts - perhaps Facebook - and therefore non DUP members amp up their numbers.  

Seek quality over quantity young Poet.  Give me one great night of passion versus 364 days of mundane happiness.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

And then there are "poets" here, who have multiple profiles, so they follow themselves through each one, and get many reads that way, among other things.

DevilsChild
Tyrant of Words
United States 8awards
Joined 10th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 119

I have to be happy with a poem I wrote. That’s what I look for. I love getting reads and comments, but if the poem is something I’m unhappy with, well then it doesn’t matter how much reads and comments I get.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

I would think search engine Bots count as views.

And some individual poems do show up in Google.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

I have a special glove I hook to my usb port so that every time I stroke forward it increments the read count by one.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

you are a fn genius rabbit!!!!

is that app patented?

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

rabbitquest said:I have a special glove I hook to my usb port so that every time I stroke forward it increments the read count by one.

Dude, you should try the glow in the dark Fleshlight, it has Bluetooth.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

MadameLavender said:And then there are "poets" here, who have multiple profiles, so they follow themselves through each one, and get many reads that way, among other things.

Vizard, for example

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010
Forum Posts: 2329

you know what i love, is when you get a little orange "follow" and you check their profile to see who else they follow.... and it's only women.. all cats, sex, or nearly nude profile pics... and you have a premature, mini midlife crisis:
"what am i saying with myself?
how did i get here?
what is it, exactly, that i have become?" [:

poet Anonymous

Jestalessa said:and you have a premature, mini midlife crisis:
how did i get here?

yep.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Jestalessa said:you know what i love, is when you get a little orange "follow" and you check their profile to see who else they follow.... and it's only women.. all cats, sex, or nearly nude profile pics... and you have a premature, mini midlife crisis:
how did i get here?

just because freaks be looking', don't go thinking they comprehend….

Lotta weirdos on the DU…like always.

Proud to count you among us Miss J, and wait for you to shake the blue-notes off like a shaggy dog come leaping' free…

(yes, this is a lonely place)

gazellemon
Bradley J
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 372

I just have to say, most of these responses were insightful, if not spot on. You the real mvp! *tear*

Page:
Go to: