Page:

Maltipul personayliteez versiss multipul avatarz

poet Anonymous

Iz itt possibull dat peeple kann kreate multiple avatarz tew treye tew trikk peeple intew tinking dey r onlee won persinn????

Dis iz nawt a scientifikk R medikool queshtion.....it'z onlee opinion.

Dankie,
rm

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16191

Well seems like some people love talking to themselves while others simply love bestowing themselves with trophies. Interesting isnt it RM. A bit like fighting with a hydra that one.

poet Anonymous

You know it's not only possible but does happen quite a lot here.
Yesterday I tried to post a poll asking "How many faces have you had at DU?" (But the error message told me answer options weren't working properly.)

The names would be kept anonymous; only the numbers would show at top.

choices:
I have 1 profile only
I have 2-3
I have 4-10
I have too many to count
I have over 28 and still birthing.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16191

HollyDove said:You know it's not only possible but does happen quite a lot here.
Yesterday I tried to post a poll asking "How many faces have you had at DU?" (But the error message told me answer options weren't working properly.)

The names would be kept anonymous; only the numbers would show at top.

choices:
I have 1 profile only
I have 2-3
I have 4-10
I have too many to count
I have over 28 and still birthing.

now thats something to talk about.

summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India 34awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1301

Juz was posing some questions on same lines to the admins some couple of days ago...

RM, my views on ur question:

Not exactly with the intention to trick ppl to think that tey r one person...but they juz seem to be not bothered about wat others think..they leave such obviously same signature expressions in all profiles that it doesnt even need a sleepy eye to find that out..they do it mainly for themselves, to grab more 'options/chances' in the sense, someone having 3 profiles for eg. simultaneously running 6 comps at a tym n self-awarding, giving credit of reading lists among themselves...n many other unimaginable 'lowly-thought off' self-advantages.

If multiple personalities arise out of a reasoned medical/ psychological condition..(had seen closely how a known du poetic friend had suffered MPD n who had openly talked in the forums then of his various profiles), then this specific type of 'cheap tactic' mutilpe avatars only show their desperation, attention seeking, n cheating themselves. (In such cases, shuldnt they be banned? Its a point to be considered seriously I hope)

But there are some rarely exceptional bravehearts, who openly talk abt/declare their multi avatars, whom i only adore.

There are even some multiple avatars, whom i think had perhaps consciously or not established for themselves a stereotypic image, n inturn feel self-trapped...n hence venture multiavatars

But these are juz in my opinon..for i sense there are lot more dynamics behind multiple avatars n the one that was seeming v.cheap i chose to detail.
Hope am not deviating from ur question rm..

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Muliple of anything needs multiple work! If there are multiple avatars without multiple personalities then you ain't even pretending. An Avatar is at its best and basest an incarnation upon the cyber highway and unless there is enough of a specific identity then its little more than 1s and 0s and a ghost in the machines.

I would argue that it is harder to form multiple avatars to convey multiple and distinct personalities that show no connection. (A contrast of style or identity would provide a connection; one half bright, the other half dark as a direct contrast and antithesis.)

Though I understand some deeplings have multiple avatars in order to escape problems or connotations that are stuck to one.

poet Anonymous

[color=Red]Here's a twist:

If you get an email from someone saying words like, "Hi. This is my new account name. I am really (name of existing member) but I thought I'd let you in on the secret."  Don't take their word for it. Contact via PM the other member whom the person claims to be and ask him/her to verify that they are the same.

Or send the PM to a mod to try to have it verified. It could be the person is lying.

ESPECIALLY if you get an email from someone claiming to be Holly Dove's "new acct" or Artina Heartflash or AH2. Keeeerap. Take it to a mod, please.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

I've never understood the need for multiple user names here.  I once thought about setting up an alter ego as a female poet to see how many men would subscribe if "I" whispered three golden words (fuck me baby) within the context of a poem but there was no use in that because those would-be subscribers stand out in so many ways.

As a "writer" even with one lone profile I love the fact DUP allows me to play with many voices and perspectives, even more so than any actor could.  So call me naive - I don't get the multi avatar multi profile thing because I can barely keep up with the lunatic that is "me" as is.  Maybe I need a better brand of weed.

Or maybe multi personalities is the way to superherodom:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7lgpn9uVj1qdcsmmo1_500.gif

poet Anonymous

why does Batman look like he has jiggly boobs?

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

HollyDove said:why does Batman look like he has jiggly boobs?

I guess the Joker would say:

http://media0.giphy.com/media/4UUNXVlCMbJf2/200_s.gif

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6693

Methinks the multiple personalities might be the way to supervillaindom.
While the self-restraint to be one person is the path to nirvana, while being everything is the path to buddha?

Atehequa
Thought Provoker
Joined 10th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 261

Perhaps not here, but on other forums I've frequented, it's the administrators and mods are the ones who usually have multiple accounts or sock puppets.

Page:
Go to: