Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Who will win Super Bowl XLIX (2015)?

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Yes it's American football, the cream puff version of rugby to you Aussies and Brits; but it's our excuse to drink like holigans, binge eat and gamble small fortunes on the outcome of the game.  

With that said who you rooting for - or against?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

I got in a futures bet on Seattle back in August at 4 - 1 so yeah I'm sticking with my preseason bet.  Add in the fact that I can't stand the Pats and how they take care of things behind the scenes; let's just say I hope the Seahawks blow them off the field ... Downright embarrass them!  

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

the only people winnin the superbowl are the bookies and those who just watch for the new cool commercials.......

the ball is prolly flat anyway..........

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Tell you what, Lobo, I'll say who I think will win the Superbowl if you say who you think will win the Six Nations Rugby Union cup this year.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Astyanax said:Tell you what, Lobo, I'll say who I think will win the Superbowl if you say who you think will win the Six Nations Rugby Union cup this year.

I'll have to go with the defending champions and say Ireland.  I'm going with the defending champs all around basically.  I think their first match against Italy should be a matter of moving downhill - and I expect them to keep rolling.

I don't know how many matches I'll catch with the time difference - but if they're in the finals I'll find a good local Irish pub to have a pint or two ...

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

johnrot said:the only people winnin the superbowl are the bookies and those who just watch for the new cool commercials.......

the ball is prolly flat anyway..........

Some win - some lose - just like the game itself.  I made $2200 with the Seahawks' win last year; $1,300 & $700 respectively with the last two Patriots' losses ... so screw the bookie

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Good answer, Lobo, though I'll be rooting for England to win. As for the Superbowl, I'll go with the Seahawks, for no other reason than the fact that one of my favourite programmes, Frasier, was set in Seattle. Go Seahawks!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Gonna go with Seattle too, for the same reason as Ceejay

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=781600738554859

^  played the way it should be, by a bunch of fit lookin' females

hardallover
Twisted Dreamer
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 62

who fucking cares, get a life

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

hardallover said:who fucking cares, get a life

omg - Jaguars' fans; so sad & bitter

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Astyanax said:Good answer, Lobo, though I'll be rooting for England to win. As for the Superbowl, I'll go with the Seahawks, for no other reason than the fact that one of my favourite programmes, Frasier, was set in Seattle. Go Seahawks!

Go Frasier!

I mean, Seahawk thingamajig...

Ok, you got me, football not my strong suit, lol. Hope you win some $$ Lobo...

lickeysplit68
CookieMCH68
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 13th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 1

I am not a Seahawk fan but I do believe they will win only because they want to repeat. Green bay, Dallas, the 49's, New England all have won back to back Super Bowl. They are more hungry for it.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Just a bump as the game is only 24 hours away ... And another Seahawks key defensive player got injured - listed as probable.

My money still with Hawks though.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Isnt there an expectant father playing too, thats gonna be playing on his mind

I see some of the adverts are already causing controversy. heh, should be a good game either way ..if only they didnt start stop all the way through, must confess that’s very fkn annoying

Go to page:
Go to: