Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Magdalena said:[quote-290328-case28]

[Our friend Missy shared this poem with me after the last hunt]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WpfL6G8z8

Adult warning before you go to the link with your 14 year old son sat next to you.  I will try again when he is in school haha.  :P[/quote]

Very good.  Now to add that to my profile along with the "Cunt" song.

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 173

Magdalena said:[quote-290431-Magdalena][quote-290328-case28]

[Our friend Missy shared this poem with me after the last hunt]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WpfL6G8z8

Adult warning before you go to the link with your 14 year old son sat next to you.  I will try again when he is in school haha.  :P[/quote]

Very good.  Now to add that to my profile along with the "Cunt" song. [/quote]haha, yep. my two teenagers were in school thank goodness. :)

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013

I didn't want to end this thread without leaving you guys with some resources for going forward with filing a lawsuit, and or more information on the penalties for plagiarism.

:This site offers you services for the lowest costs available for filing plagiary suits. Quote taken from their home page.

"At the Plagiarism Attorneys Network, all we do is prosecute plagiarizers and copyright infringement. We are an online clearinghouse that forwards possible individual and class-action lawsuits from our clients to attorneys and legal aids who have agreed to set fees that are the lowest available anywhere."

http://plagiarism-attorneys.com/

This site below offers information on the penalties for plagiarizing. (misdemeanors & felony's)If she collects up to 2,500 off your works, it is a felony. Felony has a hefty fine and up to ten years in jail. Misdemeanor, has a hefty fine, and up to one year in jail. The ladder is where she stands, unless her books have topped the twenty five hundred mark with stolen material inside.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6590406_punishments-plagiarism_.html

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

for those who thought it was futile:

Samantha poet has been thrown out of Writer's cafe and all your works have been removed.

details to follow..

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013

I'm pleased to hear this!!!!!!!!!! thank you, lepperochan

Edit in: orGinality360  ... this is wonderful news!!!

I'm so glad to hear others have been standing strong against her too, as you have, orGinality360!

I'm thrilled over the top!!!! Justice has finally been served! Thank you deeply to all of you who battled this vileness!!!

orGinality360
Strange Creature
Joined 4th Feb 2015
Forum Posts: 11

I joined DUP a couple years ago. Samantha Campbell aka Virgin Poet copied over 10 of my pieces and plagiarized them not only on DUP, but on other sites as well. I managed to get her deactivated on  DUP, as well as the other sites I joined. Finally today after attempting on several occasions I was able to get my work removed from her page from WC. I was informed by the owner of the site, that they deactivated her account and also blocked her IP address from regaining access to the site.  

You can search her on WC and it will show her account has been closed by administration.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Fair play, it's been an ongoing struggle here since I joined about three years ago. there's been countless attempts to have work removed, the Admin here even contacted WC. lately there has been a huge effort from this site to have work removed from the Cafe.

well done, there will be many happy poets on reading the news

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Great news!  Any word on the infamous book on Amazon?

orGinality360
Strange Creature
Joined 4th Feb 2015

I guess Amazon or the publishing company could be my next contact.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

So glad to read that salt has been thrown on the slug.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

http://www.fastcompany.com/1807211/amazons-plagiarism-problem

"We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. More information about eBooks rights can be found in Sections 5.7 and 5.8 of the Kindle Direct Publishing Terms and Conditions. If a copyright holder believes that their work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, they can write to copyright@amazon.com. More information on Amazon's notice and procedure for making claims of copyright infringement can be found here."

also, since the IP has been banned, that will take her husband out too and all their profiles and work on that site

sammy4444
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 25th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 35

This is great news. While I don't think anybody has stolen any of my stuff, it makes me happy to see others get their identity back. Poems are personal! Not to be stolen!

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013

Edited: I worried about the other profiles she has, but like, lepperochan stated. Her IP has been blocked, so she won't be able to access the other accounts. Sorry you guys I'm just a touch paranoid. :/  

orGinality360
Strange Creature
Joined 4th Feb 2015

just an added note, from what I have uncovered, she has profiles under the assumed named of Poetry Girl. Each time that I have managed to get her Virgin Poet page deleted, Poetry Girl pops up and posts in her defense. So its either her or shes got one hell of a friend with no life.

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1616

That's great news. My "Cunt" piece can rest in peace

Go to page:
Go to: