Go to page:

Sharing info. on a known Plagiarst

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:Thank you blue angel and Miki, appreciate you both.  Our collab is still on my profile Miki, would never delete that one haha

hugs xoxoxo

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

johnrot said:" it is just part of who I am.  :)"

exactly

I don't like part of me being stolen John.  I do understand what you're saying, I'm just not in a compromising mood at the moment haha.  Sorry mister

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 173

Or better yet, don't post your work (your best collection that you are most attached to) at all until you've turned it into a poem book, or chapter book and publish the book yourself. (or whatever your specific goal is to do with your work).

poet Anonymous

blue_angel said:Anytime you write an original poem or other original written works, through electronic devices or on PAPER. You immediately become the sole owner of the works.(copyright owner)You do not have to go out and have your work copyrighted, that does nothing but show that you are an armature. Like mentioned before, date your work and wait a healthy amount of time before posting it.  

exactly why I avoid these threads..

good luck

I don't want to be Immature or an amateur
whichever you meant

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013

I'm repeating advice given by professional publishers/editors. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else. These sites are mainly designed to help you hone/critique your poems before the final revision is completed. I'm just trying to help.

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013

I know a lot of us just write for the pleasure/fun of it. It's a wonderful outlet. We do become protective over our works because we have invested so much of ourselves in to them. Miki you are right about what you said - you give excellent advice. I adore your work as well. I'm just relaying advice given by experienced professionals that have devoted a lifetime in the writing/publishing world.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

listen to miki and get your stuff copywrited.
if thas what you care about

i jus don't give A

i'm gonna build the first aqua submergable intergalactic spaceship

and i don't care who put's their name on it

as long as it fires up and goes

i'm cool with myself

it's always
i'll do better 2m

poet Anonymous

I lock my door when I go out
people should not enter my home, it is my property!

copyright is the same as locking the door even though it is a good neighborhood
you decide though

the same people who do not copyright are usually the ones who also don't care about plagiarists
IF YOU were to sue for plagiarism then having a copyright date on your intellectual property (i.e. your words) would assure you of a win. Same as a patent in many ways.

it is not really in the best interest of Publishers and editors to give writers good ad sound legal advice. My advice comes from knowing writers so please at least look into it. Especially since the legalities seem to affect you and you want to protect your work.

poet Anonymous

and thank you, BlueAngel, for the compliment.

it is free to copyright so why not?
I gotta run for now

poet Anonymous

one more example, coz it's a good one...

why can't I use the following stanza....

there's a lady who's sure
all that glitters is gold
and she's buying a stairway to heaven

date stamp be damned..copyright rules in the end...lol

sammy22
we.seek.truth
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 20th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 49

Pure slander, All you can do is make accusations against her. I myself have done collaborations with samantha over skype, and I have seen and spoke to her husband at the same time so you could not be more wrong in your theory's and you are misleading everyone I have been told that you are Chris V from Canada I hope you do take them to court cause they can sue you for slander more so when its proved that you are lying and that she is not chris v hell all they have to do is turn over their computer and you will come out looking like the fool that you are hiding behind a fake name you are such a coward to hide behind a screen and run your mouth

Seriously samantha has a fb link on her page on wc do you my dear nope did not think so

And to all who read this plagiarizing is rampant and it is possible that Samanthas work is being stolen just as it is possible for others work to be stolen

Blue Angle is a coward who loves drama setting her or his lazy fat fanny behind a screen come forth reveal who you really are chris v if you have nothing to hide

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013

When you write any original work, it is immediately in a copyright mode of belonging to you. Yes, you can go out and copyright it AGAIN. Then it will be double copyrighted. It's like paying for something you already own. Everyone knows in the writing world that when you write something it is immediately owned by you on the date you wrote it. An original hand written or typed, copy and or printed book is what a court of law would want to see in a case of plagiary along with your credentials in comparison to the culprits.

Here's a quote from Market for Writers book: by Writer's Institute Publications
"As of 1998, your heirs can also enjoy the fruits of your labor: That's when Congress passed the Copyright Term Extension Act, which offers you copyright protection for your work created during or after 1978 for your lifetime plus 70 years, until you choose to sell all or part of the copyright for the work.  Do you need to register your work? Thanks to the copyright law, your work is protected from the moment it is recorded in a tangible medium, such as computer file or on paper, without any need for legal action or council. You don't even need to register your work with the United States Copyright Office; in fact, most editors view an author's copyright notice on a manuscript as the sign of an amateur. A copy of the manuscript and a dated record of your submission will provide proof of creation, should the need arise." Quote unquote.

poet Anonymous

I disagree...I will add this, people can research more and as I said, there are ways to do this at little or no cost.

sad to see a debate/thread like this and people refusing the answers/help

Fact sheet P-12: Writers copyright
Issued: 9th July 2004
Last amended: 9th July 2004
Discussing authors and writers copyright issues, general information, and copyright protection advice for literary works

Copyright notices
It is strongly recommended that you properly mark your work, and using notices will make it clear that your copyright exists in your work. Please see fact sheet P-03: Using copyright notices for information on wording you notices.

Position of the notice
For books and manuscripts, the copyright notice should appear at the beginning of the book, inside the front cover, on the first page, or on a page before any other content. For single page documents such as poems, the notice will typically appear at the foot of the page.

With all literary works, the key point is that you notice should be apparent to the reader as soon as they start reading your work.

Using the work of others
If you include quoted passages, illustrations, images or other items in your work which are not of your own creation. It is important to ensure that you have permission to use these before any publication or sale. If permission is given as a personal agreement, (rather than a formal contractual or licensing agreement), you should still ensure that you have some documentation, signed by the owner of the work to prove that permission has indeed been given.

Copyright registration
When to register
The basic rule we apply is that your work should be as complete as possible, but it should always be registered prior to submission to interested parties or any online publication.

If you are making speculative submissions of your synopsis, or draft to publishers for review, or possible contract, you should certainly register prior to this, as you will not necessarily know how reputable the companies are, or how they will use your work.

Registering your work
For advice on registration, please see our factsheet P-25: How to register literary work.

Should I ever give up my copyright?
Of course, if you have a publisher, it is normal to release certain rights in order for your publisher to fulfill his role, but we would never recommend that you give up your copyright claim on a work.

What are moral rights?
Moral rights are concerned with the protection of the reputation of the author. There are two fundamental moral rights that belong to the author of a copyright work.

The right to claim authorship
The right to object to any treatment of the work which would be ‘prejudicial to personal honour or reputation’.
Moral rights exist separately from economic rights and cannot be sold or given away, but some contract may ask for rights to be waived. This is not generally recommended, so ensure it is in your best interests before you enter into such a contract.

Legal requirements for publishers
In many countries publishers and distributors of books and journals have a legal obligation to submit copies of each of their publications to a national library or a number of libraries.

For example in the UK and Ireland publishers must submit a copy of all publications to the British Library within one month of publication. There are five other deposit libraries in UK who may all request copies of publications, these are the Bodleian Library in Oxford, University Library Cambridge, the National Library of Scotland, the Library of Trinity College Dublin and the National Library of Wales, though submission to these five may also be made via the Agency for the Legal Deposit Libraries (ALDL).

A list of deposit libraries for all countries can be found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_deposit.

Creative Commons License

goodnight. good luck all.

blue_angel
Fire of Insight
United States 10awards
Joined 15th Oct 2013

I'm stating the laws for the United States of America. Much of the legal jargon isn't needed. Now top selling books, movies and etc. There is that need of extended legalities. The medium that we are in it's not necessary.

poet Anonymous

I care..I really do

This link will show you how to copyright your work for free. This is info that can be taken or left, I put it here for those who care about protecting their work, not for a debate.

As stated on the page----
Have you ever written a piece of fiction, or non-fiction, and been afraid people would steal it? Have no money for a legal copyright? Fear not! This is how to copyright your writing for free.

http://www.wikihow.com/Copyright-Your-Writing-for-Free

the you should "register" it

VERY IMPORTANT STEP...google it then it is YOURS , no doubts

Go to page:
Go to: