Forum Posts: 1

How does it make sense?

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

it would explain why so many find it impossible to stay faithful.
Love for awhile love someone new... Recycle love!

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

KittyFromHell said:I have to wonder where mikimoondancer and magnetron get their intriguing thoughts from... Delving into a pretty metaphysical perspective here.

HollyDove said:
The internet. Google up a line/title. It will list the pages where the same text is.
Not sure where Magnetron is drawing info from though. Too heavy for my mind to wrestle with.

For many years I sat under a banyan tree waiting for the mysteries of the universe to avail themselves to me.

It was no mystery that I ended up covered in bird shit.

poet Anonymous

KittyFromHell said:I have to wonder where mikimoondancer and magnetron get their intriguing thoughts from... Delving into a pretty metaphysical perspective here.

I found all the lines and crossed them...
this is common knowledge to someone who's been where I've been and seen what I have...maybe Magnetron visited the same place...

invisible_97
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 14th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 9

I'm kind've an old-fashioned teenager. But I believe spending the rest of your life with that one person. Having many different relationships can get confusing sometimes. I would love to settle down one day with one person and have kids

poet Anonymous

I admire the people who can believe in soul mates. It seems like a grander perspective. My grandparents just celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary, which I find great, but I do not think soul mates exist. There are just too many people in the world for you to ever be sure you are with the right one. Especially if there is just one, Im not sure about multiple soul mates.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

Ooo said:I admire the people who can believe in soul mates. It seems like a grander perspective. My grandparents just celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary, which I find great, but I do not think soul mates exist. There are just too many people in the world for you to ever be sure you are with the right one. Especially if there is just one, Im not sure about multiple soul mates.

Surely given the amount of people in the world, coupled with global travel and global access through the internet, the chance and probability are even greater. There is the capability of serendepity. It is less a lottery that you enter in and have a specific chance of winning or losing, and more like a massive computation that shifts and develops so that the more people you come across the odds do not fall but rise exponentially.

poet Anonymous

The odds may fall or rise but you'll never know for sure that you've found your "one and true soul mate" unless you have some sort of contact with every single living person. Which begs the question, what if your soul mate dies or has died before you've even met them? As for multiple soul mates; again,...i have no idea.

but this is not the reason why I do not believe soul mates exist, I believe there are people who believe they are(or that there are) soul mates.(which is great, more power to them!) But the concept of a "soul mate" just seems like another more limiting and unnecessary form/contortion of love(which might I add is complicated enough on its own.)

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

Soul Mates dying before they meet are why there are so many sad and lonely people in the world...

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

one woman is all you need. save money, save your energy. just find yourself a good woman and mate with her. she'll take care of you.

poet Anonymous

HHMCameron said:Soul Mates dying before they meet are why there are so many sad and lonely people in the world...

So if you ever see a sad and/or lonely single person who has yet to be in a serious relationship, your way of comforting them would involve saying "its okay, your only sad because your soul mate is probably dead"??

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

heh,  I may just try that sometime, it seems like a good way of crushing a sad person like an empty coke can.  cheers fivewives and oooh

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

Mikimoondancer's comments would be the most succinct I've read about this subject over many years...unfortunately the majority of people confuse the words soulmate with romantic love...it's not always the case...using the term soul family, ie, the person is part of our soul family, may be more appropriate...

Twin soul, twin flame, twin rays are as she described...I'd further add that if you do happen to meet in the same lifetime it is a very powerful and sometimes very painful connection...a longing that is indescribable...but then again all this is irrelevant unless you believe in many lifetimes...

lanapoet
Thought Provoker
South Africa
Joined 18th Jan 2015
Forum Posts: 8

I believe as you grow older you realize there is no such thing as "the one" or a "soulmate". There is just people you can get intertwined with and deciding on whether you can put up with that persons ins and outs and small little habbits is whether you can spend a lifetime with that person.

Go to page:
Go to: