perhaps a word from a nursing mom
to guide?

prestonGibson
NomadsPath
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 31st Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 49

Maybe my thoughts are a little out there and estranged however, I feel that the concept of SoulMates has been poorly misplaced seeing as we always think of it in terms of romantic relationships. My theory is that SoulMates are significant people that connect to our inner core and being. I believe they impact us and have a say in what paths we choose to take merely with the fingerprints they leave on us when they touch our person. We turn to the thought of them or lean on them for support during pivotal moments in our lives. They effect the shaping of our individual journies.

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013
Forum Posts: 654

prestonGibson said:Maybe my thoughts are a little out there and estranged however, I feel that the concept of SoulMates has been poorly misplaced seeing as we always think of it in terms of romantic relationships. My theory is that SoulMates are significant people that connect to our inner core and being. I believe they impact us and have a say in what paths we choose to take merely with the fingerprints they leave on us when they touch our person. We turn to the thought of them or lean on them for support during pivotal moments in our lives. They effect the shaping of our individual journies.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. As Anne called it in Anne of Green Gables, these people are "kindred spirits". Could be in the form of a role model, a lover, or, in her case, a best friend.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

Vee said:It's such a romantic idea to find a soul mate for a lifetime. From the beginning to the end.
But most often the idea never really works out like the hallmark cards describe.

Soulmate's are not always romantic...

sometimes it's the grim darkness of the soul where the obsessed and the stalker come from...

especially when you factor in multiple soul mates into the concept.

what happens when someone is far down the sequence and gets triggered early,
or, worse, gets triggered when the other person has not yet gotten to their point in the sequence yet, or is just wanting to live their lives without the fanfare and roses?
both can have rather drastic legal ramifications...

what happens if they are on opposing sides of an active war?  
and they do not realize it, ever...
only their crosshairs having met, briefly,
and permanantly.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Magdalena, thanks for reminding me of the origins for the term soulmate. Some friends of mine got me to read Plato at their wedding, needless to say they were soulmates.

The original concept of soulmates is based on humans once being androgynous, until humans pissed off Zeus, so he tore the humans apart, leaving a man and a female left to ache in misery for their other half... unless you're fortunate to be one of those lucky ones to be reunited with your soulmate. That's one man and one woman spilt into two halves and then reunited as one. There's no mention of multiple soulmates.

The term soulmate has been slung around the past 50 years, so much that it feels like it's an exclusive social status, just another way for a successful couple to make all other ordinary couples and singles feel inadequate. And this idealism, that you can have more than one soulmate just devalues what little worth there is left in the term, because if you live by the philosophy, that it doesn't matter if you fuck up a platonic, loving or sexual relationship, everybody knows there are plenty of souls in the sea, you could one day run out of that infinite pool of people that genuinely care about you.

The dangers of believing in multiple soulmates is that you won't truly value the relationship you're currently in, you become too comfortable and lazy with the false security that you're in a relationship with your soulmate, that your love is invincible and together you will withstand the test of time. And if you're thinking, "yeah, but I know love won't last forever and soulmates come and go..." That's like looking at a new born baby and saying, "yeah, it's beautiful, but one day it's going to die... but we can make another one."

I think we need to love the one you're with today and forget about tomorrow... but if you're unhappy with the person you love, then change something in your life so you can be happier.

Yeah, so sorry if I've upset the romantics with my views. I do share the views that we connect with people differently, spiritually, sexually, platonically, creatively, whatever, I just refuse to label someone I connect with as a soulmate, because it puts unrealistic expectations on those relationships. We're simply people that have the ability to connect and have great relationships with other likeminded people.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

case28 said:Magdalena, thanks for reminding me of the origins for the term soulmate. Some friends of mine got me to read Plato at their wedding, needless to say they were soulmates.

You're welcome Alexander.  I like to find the origins of words, especially when they're being discussed.

I did a reading of poetry at my brothers wedding a long time ago as everyone stood around me. I was nervous as hell

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

Another thing to consider if multiple soulmates is factored in...

Instead of one relationship ending for another to start,
it may be that the multiple soulmates were ment to be concurrent and overt (*not* hidden)

Consider the fast friends that suddenly and irrevocably fall in love with the same woman/man (at the same time or separately)

In the current culture this can only end in tears...

poet Anonymous

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SOULMATE AND A TWINFLAME?

Abstract image of soulmate lovers embracing The term 'soul mate' and 'twin soul' are often used synonymously and there is much confusion betweem the two. A soul mate and a twin soul (twinflame) are two different concepts. Throughout a lifetime one has many soulmates, but throughout eternity, one has only one twinsoul or 'twinflame'. The idea of the Twin Flame Soul Mate is often romanticaly idealized, but the dynamic of this sacred and spiritual union is based on unconditional love and oneness. Twinflame relationships can be more challenging than soulmate relationships because of the intense energies involved in preperation for the spiritual work they will do on earth.

SOUL MATES

Throughout our lives we will have many Soulmates. A soulmate relationship can take many different forms such as that of a good friend, a family member, a romantic partner, or even a co-worker. Brief encounters with strangers who inspire us or help us in some way can also be soulmates who we are meant to cross paths with.

The reason for establishing the relationship and the conditions surrounding the meeting is usually predetermined prior to birth. It is the Law of Karma that brings the soulmates together. These relationships exist in order to to help us grow and learn important lessons by balancing the karmic ties that have binded you together through other lifetimes. We may incarnate at the same time as many of our karmic soulmates in multiple lifetimes until the karmic energies are balanced.

Soulmates can impact our lives in many ways and the relationship can sometimes end abruptly if the karma can not be resolved, or if new karmic ties are created. You may indeed meet them again in another lifetime to resolve any issues, sometimes even reversing relationship roles. Through our interactions and relationships with others we learn more about who we are. Karmic relationships give us the opportunity to grow.

THE TWIN FLAME (TWIN SOUL)

Twin flames, also called twin souls and twin rays, is 'one soul' that was split into two souls. Twinflames are often referred to as being the other half of one's own soul. This does not imply that each twin is only half of a soul on earth, for each individual soul is already whole. What a Twin Flame does imply is that at one time, the two individual souls were one.

We each have only one twin. In the beginning, the One soul was split into two and each went their separate ways. Each twin may continue to re-incarnate into the physical realm over and over to gather human experience and to balance karma with soulmates before being re-united with the other half of their over-soul in a lifetime. Eventually, the twinflames will merge back into the One soul that they were before the split into the two twin souls. The early stages of this reunion usually happens in both of their last lifetimes on the planet so they can complete the Ascension process together.

"Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along" ~rumi

Each twin is a complete soul, not half a soul. It is their task to become more whole together, balancing their female and male sides (masculine and feminine energies), and ideally become enlightened, before reuniting with their twin. This reunion is of two complete and whole beings. All other relationships through all our lives could be said to be "practice" for the twin, the ultimate relationship. The Twin Flame connection is the ultimate Alchemical Marriage.

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

mikimoondancer said:THE TWIN FLAME (TWIN SOUL)

Twin flames, also called twin souls and twin rays, is 'one soul' that was split into two souls. Twinflames are often referred to as being the other half of one's own soul. This does not imply that each twin is only half of a soul on earth, for each individual soul is already whole. What a Twin Flame does imply is that at one time, the two individual souls were one.

We each have only one twin. In the beginning, the One soul was split into two and each went their separate ways. Each twin may continue to re-incarnate into the physical realm over and over to gather human experience and to balance karma with soulmates before being re-united with the other half of their over-soul in a lifetime. Eventually, the twinflames will merge back into the One soul that they were before the split into the two twin souls. The early stages of this reunion usually happens in both of their last lifetimes on the planet so they can complete the Ascension process together.

"Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along" ~rumi

Each twin is a complete soul, not half a soul. It is their task to become more whole together, balancing their female and male sides (masculine and feminine energies), and ideally become enlightened, before reuniting with their twin. This reunion is of two complete and whole beings. All other relationships through all our lives could be said to be "practice" for the twin, the ultimate relationship. The Twin Flame connection is the ultimate Alchemical Marriage.

Capitalizing on what is quoted.

One soul can live out many earthly incarnations at what we would consider the same moment.

Technically speaking, you can have an earthly relationship with yourself - be it friend or enemy and even lover or spouse.

This capacity to many lives at once is not restricted to the same time period; the earthly incarnations could be spaced hundreds of years apart. From a historical perspective, you would consider those lives already having been lived or not having been lived yet.

The underlying reality is that you and them are living side by side like the branches of a tree.

In roleplaying terms, you pretend you are three unique individuals occupying the same physical space - one in the Past, one in the Present and one in the Future. As Oversoul, you pretend to be A for a little while, then B and then C. You go back and forth pretending in no particular order, like alternating between three ongoing games of Dungeons & Dragons that involve experiencing the same dungeon.

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013

Waterviolet said:[quote-287286-KittyFromHell]
You are kinda sounding like a vampire here taking everything from a relationship then moving on. I think a to make it work u need certain things love trust respect
If u start to loose one of theese elements then u are in trouble it takes work to keep these things up and running alot of work thats y i think there is so mutch diverce now a days because people are lazy and not willing to work for love

Be assured, if I am in a relationship, I will try my damnedest to make things work. If it is a guy, I do my best to treat him like a king, and if it's a girl, she is my queen. I believe in fighting for something you love. But if in time it is evident that we are not meant to be forever, I will let go. While it lasts I will give it my all. I'm not a complete asshole

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013

I have to wonder where mikimoondancer and magnetron get their intriguing thoughts from... Delving into a pretty metaphysical perspective here.

poet Anonymous

KittyFromHell said:I have to wonder where mikimoondancer and magnetron get their intriguing thoughts from... Delving into a pretty metaphysical perspective here.

The internet. Google up a line/title. It will list the pages where the same text is.
Not sure where Magnetron is drawing info from though. Too heavy for my mind to wrestle with.

KrisDuh
Orene
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 29th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 23

Its so great that to know I'm not alone on this subject. I found myself at 26 single once again with a few long term relationships/ yrs of alte under my belt.

KrisDuh
Orene
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 29th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 23

Its so great that to know I'm not alone on this subject. I found myself at 26 single once again with a few long term relationships under my belt. An i can whole heartedly say, regauredless how the relationships came to a end. We truly shared piece of our souls. And I continue to still have an unsaid/unseen conection/love for the guys I shared that with. I feel my experiance with multi soulmates deff helped imbelished a nessasary foundation of who I am supposed to  be!

Go to page:
Go to: