Forum Posts: 315

the soulmate came first, but
she is more like a comet
than a moon...  and while
she is in my sky she is
blinding, blots out current moon

case28 said:[Raven... I believe I've been paying attention]

yes, raven

case28 said:If you took the sex out of the equation and just treated this person as a good friend, someone you mentally and spiritually connected with or shared a lot in common, couldn't love and life be less complicated?

fb/text/twitter friendship is actually all she was offereing in the last three times that she blew through my life since 2012...
i was to see her for the first time in 10 years at her mothers memorial on Saturday, 15 November 2014...
current wife objected,
and i cowered

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013
Forum Posts: 654

Interesting perspectives from those much older and more experiences than I. I wondered if it was just my young & wild years kicking in making me think this way. But I have given the relationship thing a try... Nearly two years of my life was spent emotionally dedicated to this one guy. I think I always knew deep down we wouldn't last forever, but it felt right in the moment. When I felt the time was right, I ended it. I think so many young girls my age fuck themselves over with their desperate hunger for someone to love them forever. I, myself, am content with my current life and goals... I don't need the stress of a relationship right now. Relationships are distracting and mind warping. They make you filter too many of your choices through the other person's eyes because you want to please them and make them happy. When you are unattached you can make your life decisions that are much more true to what YOU want. Right now, having a friend with benefits has me perfectly satisfied. (because let's face it, people are much happier when they get to have mind blowing sex as opposed to sexual frustration) We've started to develop feelings for one another, but we aren't in any rush to put some label on it. I am single, and so is he. I think I am mature enough to not fall all over myself like I've done in the past. I feel as I get older, the men in my life will come and go. And they will all contribute to evolve me as a person... I regret none of the pain my ex put me through or vice versa. It taught me things that will last me a lifetime. I don't look for a lifelong partner. Maybe one day I will want to settle down, but right now I am young and wanting to be crazy. I just want to "go with the flow" and make memories.

KittyFromHell
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 31st May 2013
Forum Posts: 654

Waterviolet said:[quote-287286-KittyFromHell]My older sister once said this to me in regard to relationships, and it stuck with me. I have to say, I agree with her.

"I don't even think that's the way it's supposed to be. I think trying to be with one person forever is unrealistic, idealistic, unnecessary, and damaging to relationships and to people's happiness. I used to NEED that--the idea of "the one", but now I believe in having several different soul mates. You learn and grow from each relationship, and once there is no more growth, you move on."

Thoughts, anyone?

This is what sluts say to make them selves feel better lol[/quote]

I say as long as a person is not being recklessly harmful to others, let them be. Why label anyone a slut? We've all got that animalistic sexual being deep down inside us. (Hold the bestiality)

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014

KittyFromHell said:I say as long as a person is not being recklessly harmful to others, let them be. Why label anyone a slut? We've all got that animalistic sexual being deep down inside us. (Hold the bestiality)

as the wiccans say... "an it harm none, do as thou wilt..."

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014

Waterviolet said:prity shur hmc cameron has been flogging this horse for some time now ??

i met her 18 years ago...
every time she leaves or cuts off communications it isn't pretty

lolnotfunny
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 13th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 26

It kind of makes sense but then again my family is traditional so i grew up with the thought of "the one" so it makes this subject totally irrelevant

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

*pssst* five wives ...Hitchcock’s Strangers on a train  ...pm

jemac
Dangerous Mind
United States 4awards
Joined 25th Jan 2013
Forum Posts: 236

Soulmates..i don't put too much stock into such a notion, either you love someone deeply or you don't, in which case I've had a few but they're gone now and so you move on till someone else makes you feel that way again...

rain_st
Strange Creature
Germany
Joined 30th Dec 2014
Forum Posts: 2

I wouldn't deny the concept of a soulmate. But I think it's not that kind of romantic it is generally seen. Soulmates mean, in my opinion, a growing together in time, to get through hard times. Like it's said some posts before, the  romanticism  might destroyed more friend- and relationships than anything else.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
SirCreepy
Colten Sorrells
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 13th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 375

I hold firm in my belief that love is just a chemical reaction, and soul mates are just people who happen to.be on the same wavelength, or atleast, one that compliments your own. Although the reaction can sometimes last a lifetime, it seems to be HIGHLY unlikely.  Been fooled by that "forever" bullshit several times, myself.

…just my thoughts on the subject…

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6672

Call me a romanticist, but I believe there is a soul mate for everyone. That one person who perfectly melds with them to form a partnership worth immensely more than the sum of their parts.
I also consider a the idea of multiple soul mates perfectly viable, and that is a soul mate is not limited to a single person.
That there can be multiple soul mates, one that is primarily based on an intimate and conjoined relationship, while another is more along the lines of intellect, and yet another more geared towards matters of the heart.

Trying to look for the 'One' and forcing certain relationships to blossom and evolve into this 'One' is just unnatural in my book. The 'One' is based purely on fate and chance and as such is a relationship that does require to be molded, or forced or changed. Trying to make a moment stretch into eternity is the proverbial pissing in the wind; forever is along time coming and is better appreciated with moments of now and then contentment and bliss.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014

Random chance plays a major part it is not simple chemicals/pheromones. .. I was caught long before we met in person...

Hell, had she not been looking then we probably would have met years later when the timing was right...

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

KittyFromHell said:[quote-287313-Waterviolet][quote-287286-KittyFromHell]My older sister once said this to me in regard to relationships, and it stuck with me. I have to say, I agree with her.

"I don't even think that's the way it's supposed to be. I think trying to be with one person forever is unrealistic, idealistic, unnecessary, and damaging to relationships and to people's happiness. I used to NEED that--the idea of "the one", but now I believe in having several different soul mates. You learn and grow from each relationship, and once there is no more growth, you move on."

Thoughts, anyone?

This is what sluts say to make them selves feel better lol[/quote]

I say as long as a person is not being recklessly harmful to others, let them be. Why label anyone a slut? We've all got that animalistic sexual being deep down inside us. (Hold the bestiality) [/quote]

I guess i am just jelous because all a female hasto do is take her pantys off and twirl them on her finger and there is people lining up to have sex with her especialy a good looking woman like your self.
Guys on the other hand haveto work for it bretend they care be nice but not to nice bla bla bla u smell what i am steping in ??

poet Anonymous

It's such a romantic idea to find a soul mate for a lifetime. From the beginning to the end.
But most often the idea never really works out like the hallmark cards describe.
That particular connection comes in capsules, and some capsules of time last longer than others. We connect, share, laugh, dream and magic happens.
But, I'd like to think of the idea of soulmates more at the mature part of the relationship rather than in the beginning and developmental stage, where true test of life's obstacles come into play.
I agree with the majority of the inputs on this thread that we can have more than one soulmate as we change and evolve we end up searching for partners who will nurture and fuel us in growth.

Go to page:
Go to: