Go to page:

eenie meenie chilli beanie

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:[quote-287758-Magnetron][quote-287631-HollyDove]Would it be easier to view something if you broaden the area you are trying to describe? Like say,tell me what famous landmark is within 10 miles of my home?

Hmmmm ..... I'll wait for a quiet moment during the day and give it ago.[/quote]

The Gateway Arch

Whatever it is - I get the sense that it is river related, water adjacent and is quite huge.

And north of your home, leaning slightly to the west.

[/quote]

Oby the way. If I move to Missouri/Kansas (like I've been hoping to for a year now), you may be right about this above, as remote viewing (into future).

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:The wife and I recently adopted a German Shepherd Collie mix from a rescue. She was surrended because supposedly she was too shy and the previous owners didn't have the time to work with her.

Whenever we watched The Dead Files on Netflix, she got panic attacks and would go to hide in other rooms. Similar shows don't phase her.

And on another note, the same show filmed an episode in the town of Belvidere, IL where we moved from 5 years ago.

I'm familiar with The Dead Files. I think Amy overacts/tries to act weird for the cam.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 433

HollyDove said:Oby the way. If I move to Missouri/Kansas (like I've been hoping to for a year now), you may be right about this above, as remote viewing (into future).

I remember you mentioning something about your sister and wanting to move.

Is it possible to pick up on details of your past, present and future homes instead of the past, present and future versions of the home you are currently living in? I don't see why not.

There are few things I consider impossible.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

HollyDove said:[quote-300507-Magnetron]The wife and I recently adopted a German Shepherd Collie mix from a rescue. She was surrended because supposedly she was too shy and the previous owners didn't have the time to work with her.

Whenever we watched The Dead Files on Netflix, she got panic attacks and would go to hide in other rooms. Similar shows don't phase her.

And on another note, the same show filmed an episode in the town of Belvidere, IL where we moved from 5 years ago.

I'm familiar with The Dead Files. I think Amy overacts/tries to act weird for the cam. [/quote]

Maybe my Shepherd is afraid of Amy.

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:[quote-300537-HollyDove][quote-300507-Magnetron]The wife and I recently adopted a German Shepherd Collie mix from a rescue. She was surrended because supposedly she was too shy and the previous owners didn't have the time to work with her.

I'm familiar with The Dead Files. I think Amy overacts/tries to act weird for the cam. [/quote]

Maybe my Shepherd is afraid of Amy. [/quote]

Of course she is!!! I can hear her whine every time Amy strikes the "mad ghost pulled my hair" pose. (When she puts one hand behind her head and gives the camera a subtle "Come on, you know you wanna hurt me" look.)

poet Anonymous

Do you think orbs in photographs are actually spirits?

I have been searching for a new home in Missouri, and came across this nice one for sale on Zillow. But look at the frickin orbs in this one photo! It's an oooold house and I am not gonna share it with ghosts, so I decided not to get any more info.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Saint-Joseph-MO-64501/house,condo,apartment_duplex,land,townhouse_type/110491211_zpid/86494_rid/2-_beds/50000-80000_price/185-296_mp/39.793238,-94.756823,39.719731,-94.924364_rect/12_zm/0_mmm/

It takes a moment to show the line of pics of the house, but it's the fifth one from the left, apparently the "living" room.

I counted 13 orbs.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

HollyDove said:Do you think orbs in photographs are actually spirits?

I have been searching for a new home in Missouri, and came across this nice one for sale on Zillow. But look at the frickin orbs in this one photo! It's an oooold house and I am not gonna share it with ghosts, so I decided not to get any more info.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Saint-Joseph-MO-64501/house,condo,apartment_duplex,land,townhouse_type/110491211_zpid/86494_rid/2-_beds/50000-80000_price/185-296_mp/39.793238,-94.756823,39.719731,-94.924364_rect/12_zm/0_mmm/

It takes a moment to show the line of pics of the house, but it's the fifth one from the left, apparently the "living" room.

I counted 13 orbs.

Camera flash illuminating dust particles.

Either that or the photog was standing near to an object with lots of tiny crystals in it, like something made of stone.

You can recreate the same effect by flashing a camera in room with concrete or cinder block walls.

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:[quote-303213-HollyDove]Do you think orbs in photographs are actually spirits?

I counted 13 orbs.

Camera flash illuminating dust particles.

Either that or the photog was standing near to an object with lots of tiny crystals in it, like something made of stone.

You can recreate the same effect by flashing a camera in room with concrete or cinder block walls.[/quote]

There was another home that had a basement with cinder block walls. The pic didn't show any orbs.

But then the photographer didn't take a pic of any mirrors either. Maybe the demon residing in the glass was having a bad hair day and warned him not to shoot.

I had a photo once of an orb on my bare thigh. I called it my guardian spirit. The pic was taken in my own house.

Sandman68
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 15th Feb 2015
Forum Posts: 305

If photo orbs are, in fact, photographic representations of other dimensional spirits, it wouldn't matter anyway because if they were precursors of ill-fated activities to follow, we would have fully understood the cause and effect relationship by now, so many years beyond photography's inception.  

poet Anonymous

Sandman68 said:If photo orbs are, in fact, photographic representations of other dimensional spirits, it wouldn't matter anyway because if they were precursors of ill-fated activities to follow, we would have fully understood the cause and effect relationship by now, so many years beyond photography's inception.  

It matters to me what orbs are. If there's any chance of them being actual spirits in pictures of a home for sale, I won't buy the home.

Not all spirits are bad. Some are protectors. But I would have to know the history of the house and whether or not the former occupants' had any strange (paranormal/unexplained) experiences before I buy.

Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 20th July 2014

So ...............

A few weeks ago I was seasoning a cast iron pan on the stove top. Was farting around on the Internet and forgot about it. The oil in the pan actually ignited and the house filled up with smoke.

Nothing strange there.

A few nights ago the smoke alarms went off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason.

Yesterday evening I was cooking chicken on the stove. Usually I use a digital timer to know when to flip the meat over. Well, I forgot to set the digital timer and just winged it. I am aware that the timer is set to 13 minutes. It is always reset to the amount of time previously programmed into it. If you do hit the start button, it makes a loud beep.

Later, about 13 minutes into eating supper, the digital timer alarm goes off. Someone has to get up and turn the alarm off.  As it turns out, one of the stove burners used to fry up some red potatoes was still on low.

poet Anonymous

Magnetron said:So ...............

A few weeks ago I was seasoning a cast iron pan on the stove top. Was farting around on the Internet and forgot about it. The oil in the pan actually ignited and the house filled up with smoke.

Nothing strange there.

A few nights ago the smoke alarms went off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason.

Yesterday evening I was cooking chicken on the stove. Usually I use a digital timer to know when to flip the meat over. Well, I forgot to set the digital timer and just winged it. I am aware that the timer is set to 13 minutes. It is always reset to the amount of time previously programmed into it. If you do hit the start button, it makes a loud beep.

Later, about 13 minutes into eating supper, the digital timer alarm goes off. Someone has to get up and turn the alarm off.  As it turns out, one of the stove burners used to fry up some red potatoes was still on low.

Something wants to fire you up, Magnetron.

Maybe a ghostly chicken looking for revenge.

Can you reset the timer to all zeros?  If so, see what happens then.

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

Magnetron said:WARNING: Any contributions are likely to be debunked by someone who habitually shaves everyday with Occam's Razor.

I think almost all paranormal experiences are based on a human fear of death, and/or a misinterpretation of natural phenomena. Then again, I'm not a psychologist and I'm a universe away from knowing even a fiftieth of everything there is to know. I like what the acclaimed ghost story writer M. R. James once said when asked if he really believed in ghosts, that if he was presented with convincing evidence, he'd be inclined to believe it.

poet Anonymous

Ok then, I hate to think what you do in the shower.  FY:  I'm a chick, and I pee outside every morning and don't wipe.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

HollyDove said:

Something wants to fire you up, Magnetron.

Maybe a ghostly chicken looking for revenge.

Can you reset the timer to all zeros?  If so, see what happens then.

Poultrygeist !

Go to page:
Go to: