Go to page:

THANKS DUP! ... I'm moving on!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Okay, this is not one of those "thanks you've been wonderful but I'm packing up my shit and I'm out" threads lol ...

I just got word via email that I'm advancing to the next round in this writing competition ... And while I'm happy, I'm anxious as hell too!

I'll get 48 hours starting this Friday night to turnaround a 1,000 word story based on categories laid out by the judges that night.

My last two writes for this beast: 1. Drama involving a marathon finish line and a box of chocolates 2. Science Fiction at an all you can eat restaurant with a water gun in the plot.  Each time I had 48 hours from the time the assignment was announced to draft - write - edit and upload a 1,000 word max story ... Fuckn' ball bustin' - but I loved it!

What I'm asking of ya ... This weekend when you're out and about doing shots ... Or downing a cold beer ... Blowin' smoke ... dancing on top of a table or bar ... or screwin' on the hood of a car in some cornfield . ... HAVE SOME FUN FOR ME!  ... I'm gonna need the good vibes to keep from shitin' myself or punching a hole in a wall ... (Got two of those already but that's another story )

Out of the 125 writers in this round 25 will be picked for the finals in about a month.

Peace ... Love you all because the energy and talent here fuels me.

http://www.nycmidnight.com/competitions/ffc/challenge.htm

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

rock on dude! good luck

you know you gotta plug DU tho right?

poet Anonymous

best of luck,Lobo

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16220

Good luck, LSP. You are a good writer...you will be alright.:)

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Congratulations, LSP! I'm really stoked for you, man. Being a 1st timer in this Flash Fiction comp I have a good appreciation of how tough the 48 hour deadline is and the stiff competition from the 1000 or so, writers that take part in challenge. To make it into the top 125 is a great achievement.

Thanks for being persistent in persuading me take part in this Flash Fiction addiction and all the best in the next round and cheers, brotha!

[I'm definitely looking forward to joining forces with you in the 48 hour short film comp, that you've also convinced me to take part in... and thanks for fucking around with us that you were leaving DU].

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

congrats lo....you can do it mate.... :) :)

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

johnrot said:rock on dude! good luck

lol ... Yeah if I can I'll slip some user names or something into my next write ...

Peace

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Mourganna said:best of luck,Lobo

Much appreciated ... And many thanks Le Fay

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Grace said:Good luck, LSP. You are a good writer...you will be alright.:)

I'm humbled by your compliment ... And thank you for the well wishes Grace.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

LobodeSanPedro said:[quote-281323-johnrot]rock on dude! good luck

lol ... Yeah if I can I'll slip some user names or something into my next write ...

Peace [/quote]

shit don't mention my name,

i lost my NY privileges, i got warrants............

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

case28 said:Congratulations, LSP! I'm really stoked for you, man. Being a 1st timer in this Flash Fiction comp I have a good appreciation of how tough the 48 hour deadline is and the stiff competition from the 1000 or so, writers that take part in challenge. To make it into the top 250 is a great achievement.

Thanks for being persistent in persuading me take part in this Flash Fiction addiction and all the best in the next round and cheers, brotha!

[I'm definitely looking forward to joining forces with you in the 48 short film comp, that you've also convinced me to take part in... and thanks for fucking around with us that you were leaving DU].

Hey I'm glad you jumped into that big pool with me Brotha ... Just knowing you were there gave me a bit more juice to go hard at it!

Definitely looking forward to the video collaboration ... It'd be funky to incorporate shots of your home turf and mine to tell a kick ass story with a global field ... and your brother doing the soundtrack!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

johnrot said:[quote-281337-LobodeSanPedro][quote-281323-johnrot]rock on dude! good luck

Peace [/quote]

shit don't mention my name,

i lost my NY privileges, i got warrants............[/quote]

LMFAO!!!

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

seekingkate said:congrats lo....you can do it mate.... :) :)

Dear sweet Kate ... Thanks so much ... It was great knowing two kick ass Aussies had the balls to jump into the first round with this crazy old wolf!

Cheers!

Atakti
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 1st Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 3273

Hey, Lobo! I am not surprised at all to hear you got through. Quality, man, your writing.

Now that my project is quiet, I may peek in to some of these writing shindigs you got goin' on. Yup.

As for the good vibes, you name it — what do you need? Me going out for drinks? Dancing? No worries, I'm on it... I'm willing to grant you this favor in the name of good writing.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

Lots of congrats and good karma coming at you! Now that today is my last day teaching the lecture part of class, I'll actually have some time to write, myself, and send up some positive vibes your way!

Go to page:
Go to: