Go to page:

MUST RANT ON MAINSTREAM MUSIC, SOCIETY, AND EVERYTHING.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

It is simply not always easy to chill. When having a panic attack the simplest remedy is to calm down, but it is the hardest thing when having a panic attack or getting stressed or anything similar. I am being overly dramatic, but I never said anything about idiots dumbing down the earth. Besides there are stubborn idiots (won't change), ignorant idiots (do not want to change) and simply-did-not-know 'idiots' (will change for the better but needed the knowledge).

Anyway, with the 'mainstream' certain things can become interconnected to them and feel changed, and not for the better. Anything mainstream was once an unknown or an up-and-coming. The view is that in the latter cases, any popularity there is based on hard work or skill or talent and bolstered by genuine audience passion. However with the mainstream mob energy and mob mentality can sometimes feel to be the only driving force behind them, rather than actual talent reciprocated by mob energy (as you would expect: large audience should surely recieve large reaction).

Personally its got something to do with Craic's joke response about dancing when no one is looking, and along the lines of guilty pleasures. As though what we like has to either be popular and thereby acceptable by consensus, or good and thereby acceptable by merit. That there is not really a place for liking something but it is by all accounts rather bad, and therein lies the problem for mainstream. The popular thing although bad/ rubbish often masquerades as being justified by being good with merit.

Bah. Plenty of bollocks in this post from me for now. Why don't you go relax and enjoy yourself over there. I'll just be debating with myself. (So thats what they call it nowadays.) Oh great, now I really am talking to myself...

Thought for the day: Mad ramblings triumph anger through amount not skill.

SirCreepy
Colten Sorrells
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 13th Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 375

The sad thing about trying to be "different" and "original" is that it's becoming more and more mainstream, leaving people to come up with stranger, and increasing stupid ways to label themselves as "different"

Ever hang out with a Hipster?  Some of the stuff they say, and listen to can be downright retarded. Not to mention how they dress.lol

Go to page:
Go to: