What do you think about your government?

75.00% • 21 votes • I believe they should not be trusted completely.
17.86% • 5 votes • Not sure what to think.
7.14% • 2 votes • My government is the best.
Total votes: 28
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

What do you think about your government?

redrose
Ambur
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 303

Gg78 said:[quote-279690-redrose]I thin our so called government is just going to destroy the U.S

I think we're related . [/quote]

How come you think that?

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

redrose said:[quote-279721-Gg78][quote-279690-redrose]I thin our so called government is just going to destroy the U.S

I think we're related . [/quote]

How come you think that?[/quote

You look like my niece

poet Anonymous

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."

- TJ as well

redrose
Ambur
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 303

like ligitly?? that's cool

CasketSharpe
Tyrant of Words
United States 14awards
Joined 12th June 2013
Forum Posts: 125

Shit on my brother! Shit on!

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

yall gonna hate cause i said its the best.

(except for maybe canada and britain) if given the choice to live in ANY country's government in the world i'd prolly pick america. despite how fucking shifty politicians are. in other countries they just behead and thats the norm, here were just afraid that one day our government might start to turn on us. look around at other countries tho 4real they straight feed on there people. here were just a lil paranoid in actual comparison. dont always think the grass is greener, your ass might end up in the Sahara

and love is a really powerful word in the human spirit... i dont think government should ever have blind infatuated devotion from its people... more like old friends that watch each others backs and take care of eachother... thats what government should be to its people

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Churchill said, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried", and I'm inclined to agree with him. Sure, all the democratic governments are full of time-servers, frauds and liars, but they operate within a framework of law, even though it's often imperfect, and from time to time we get the chance to kick one lot out and put up with the other lot for a while. Try living in a country where there is no government other than armed psychopaths who will use murder, brutality, torture, and rape to achieve what they want, often in the name of some vile religion or creed that says anyone who doesn't belong to it is an unbeliever and must be destroyed. ISIS (or whatever they call themselves this week), Boko Haram (Nigeria), the Taliban, al Shabaab (Sudan) are all groups of murdering bastards for whom women are inferior creatures and slaughter is always preferable to debate. Try living for a week under the rule of these vermin and then see what you think of Western governments.

To go back to the original question: What do I think about my government? I think they're a pain in the arse, but I'd rather have them than a lot of the alternatives.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

It needs a refit, strip it back to the bare brick, clean it out and start again.  Let the public have an input, more say before decisions are made and not just a vote.

We have a monarchy in the UK also who play a role in the mechanics of the government.

HappyDOC
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 27th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 32

bobwelsh
Strange Creature
Joined 29th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 1

I think my government (USA) can improve but I'm not a conspiracy theorist because most conspiracies don't make sense

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
ImHardcoreISwear
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 27th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 1

I do not believe in government. The Senators could once give themselves raises, and it took them 100 years to make that illegal.

ASK
Twisted Dreamer
Denmark 1awards
Joined 8th July 2014
Forum Posts: 7

Fuck the government!

The idea of a government that protects and takes care of people is nice, but it's utopian.
Power corrupts, simple as that.

But they are smart though. They purposefully spread false conspiracy theories to confuse people.
Only a lost soul will truly believe that the government has people's interest at heart.

HappyDOC
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 27th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 32

Democracy's hypocrisy is it duelly dubs currencies and commodities like liturgies literally  this is truly the "idiocracy"

Go to page:
Go to: