What do you think about your government?

75.00% • 21 votes • I believe they should not be trusted completely.
17.86% • 5 votes • Not sure what to think.
7.14% • 2 votes • My government is the best.
Total votes: 28
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

What do you think about your government?

naathalie___
moongirl
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 23

I am curious to know what people think about the government and if they believe in conspiracy theories about how they hide things from us.
I was asked why I love my country & that got my gears grinding.
I do not like the fact that people expect me to LOVE my country.
I believe that the government is corrupt & I do not love my country.

I want to know other people's opinion.

& don't take me wrong, I am glad I live here & not somewhere worse but I do not like my country or the government running it.

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I believe they are corrupt to the core.  I'm anti government.  Their promises are as rotten as they are.

I won't vote for any of the parties to govern and I don't give a stuff what anyone thinks about my choice regarding that.

poet Anonymous

I could not agree more with Magdalena

"choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil" Jerry Garcia

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

If you seek good government look to the people who can organise and manage, but if you look to government then you will see mostly people caught up in school popularity contests.

The sad truth is that the best people to govern are wise enough not to get caught up in the parody that is government. Another sad truth is that while hundred and thousands of people do greatness in a poor system, it is often the politicians who get all the attention, while the worker ants are used and abused through being ignored in the system.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

trust them completely?  no

but i find that i am more comfortable serving the military than i am wasting my life in some corporate hell...

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6699

HHMCameron said:trust them completely?  no

but i find that i am more comfortable serving the military than i am wasting my life in some corporate hell...

Sounds like a silver soul speaking then! Plato would be proud(?). At least the military actually have enemies, and not just competitors with products. (Cue the cynic with such topics as Terrorism, Arms Dealers, and Religion-as-a-product.)

Tacete
who-isthe-silence
Twisted Dreamer
Australia 1awards
Joined 24th Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 205

The human race hasn't yet evolved to the level where we needn't government.

HHMCameron
BetaWolfinVA
Fire of Insight
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Oct 2014
Forum Posts: 315

Terrorism feels a lot like "Its not much of a war, but it is the only one we have" to me...

really, terrorism should be fought with terror...

Special Forces, Sniper Teams...

not sending our troops out to provide targets for them to hone their skills on...

the proper prey of standing armies, is standing armies...

the proper prey of special forces is terrorists and other insurgents...

DystopianMelody
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 9th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 1391

The human race hasn't evolved to the point where we can be trusted with powers to control people's lives yet either.
How can anyone trust government after shit like project MKUltra, COINTELPRO, the experiments at porton down, the lies told in run-up to the Vietnam war and the subsequent atrocities, the petulant behaviour of the Cold War which could potentially have cost millions their lives, these are not "conspiracy theories" anymore but history. Combine that with the arrogance, two-facedness, smarmy attitudes and just general cuntishness of the average president/prime minister and anyone who trusts government is absolute twat. I'm not saying you should belie e every crackpot theory about aliens abducting people and using anal probes, but don't believe for a second that these cunts have the best interests of the general population in mind. End of today's rant, proceed with caution.Moral of the story - If there's a guy wearing a barney costume running for president/prime minister, vote for him, that fucker knows what life's about.
(I guess I'm the cynic here)

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

I think the canadian goverment is corupt to the core and a bunch of pussys
We are to concerned with what everyone elts is doing following the usa around
Fighting a bunch of wars that have nothing to do with us we have aur own
Problems to deal with nivermind folowing usa around like a lost puppy dog
We need to stick up for aurselves and solve aur own problems

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

I dont like how canada sends our raw lumber down to the states to be milled then buy it back for twice the price we can mill it our selves and also they have been trying to get our water since just after the second world war bullshit
And now we are thinking of a pypeline down to texas to have them refine it redickulus thats just a few ones
Dont get me started on the school systems i am liable to blow a gasket
And health care

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

the reason government exist is to protect its citizens from the church. governments, govern, that's what they do. church, nobody knows what they do. government has to hide certain things from us, to protect us and our civilization just like we have to hide things from little children. I trust only in God, and God don't belong to church or government. God is free. God is good.  

Gg78
Tyrant of Words
United States 26awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 9051

I hardly ever think about the government
It's a waist of time

redrose
Ambur
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2013