Go to page:

Shall we debate?

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

Alright there is probably a forum like this, but I couldn't find one so I made one. Its just for debating, you can leave a topic, race religion sex ect. And ask the person(s) below you to give there opinion and you can give yours and what you think of there's
and when someone wants a new topic they just leave one and it starts anew. But no name calling or threats, lets keep it somewhat clean. Though were opinions are expressed people are upset so I expect some arguing but lets keep it as civil as we can.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

i'll start out, so the first subject will be, who all is it okay for to say the N word? I personally think no one because it seems as though its degrading rather it comes from a white or a black or a Mexican or anyone.

feenixfiles
Fire of Insight
4awards
Joined 14th July 2013
Forum Posts: 466

if in doubt don't

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

But is it really ever okay to say? in your eyes anyway.

naathalie___
moongirl
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd Sep 2014
Forum Posts: 23

I would like to know what people have to say about religion.
Why is it so bad to not be religious?
My family raised me in a catholic family& they would always take me to church,
but I never really understood it. I tried several times to pray & be
religious, but I simply can't. I recently discovered Buddhism
& I like the concept. My ex boyfriend is christian & he told me
that being something other than christian is stupid & it's not real, which
of course pissed me off. I hate it with a fucking passion when people tell
me I am on Satan's side if I don't believe in God.
I am almost 18 & my parents think I am doing drugs & that my
friends are bad influences on me because I refuse to go to church.
When we are in church (my parents drag me) and they are giving
out the body of Christ (Eucharist), my dad always tells me to
go but I would consider myself a hypocrite if I don't
believe in God and go to church & eat the body of God & drink the
wine or the body of Christ if you will.

I want to know people's opinion about this.
Isn't a person's belief influenced by the person & not
suppose to be forced upon?

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

me and my multi-cultural compadres clown around with it all the time,

but prolly should refrain from using in the baton rouge parish prison....

ass to mouth? go or no go?

whoops she beat me sorry naatalie

refer to previous post....

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

I say the n word to my white friends all the time like
Haaay what up my creamy pale faced nigger inthink its funny as hell
I dont think i would say it to a black person unless i was rilly
Good friends with him or i new he was unarmed
But basicly i think uncan say whatever u want around your friends
I dont think inwould run thru the streets of chicago yelling  nigger nigger nigger
I think that would be a form of suicide comparable to death by cop suicide just my opinyon

Waterviolet
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 14th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 628

Basicly inthink there is a time and a place

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

naathalie___ said:I would like to know what people have to say about religion.
Why is it so bad to not be religious?
My family raised me in a catholic family& they would always take me to church,
but I never really understood it. I tried several times to pray & be
religious, but I simply can't. I recently discovered Buddhism
& I like the concept. My ex boyfriend is christian & he told me
that being something other than christian is stupid & it's not real, which
of course pissed me off. I hate it with a fucking passion when people tell
me I am on Satan's side if I don't believe in God.
I am almost 18 & my parents think I am doing drugs & that my
friends are bad influences on me because I refuse to go to church.
When we are in church (my parents drag me) and they are giving
out the body of Christ (Eucharist), my dad always tells me to
go but I would consider myself a hypocrite if I don't
believe in God and go to church & eat the body of God & drink the
wine or the body of Christ if you will.

I want to know people's opinion about this.
Isn't a person's belief influenced by the person & not
suppose to be forced upon?

Yes it is. it is NOT suppose to be forced, the fact "christains" try to force it is against what the bible says. I consider myself to be a christain, however I am not religious, I do not go to church, to many people thinking there higher than everone else. I personally had rather deal with someone who just tells me they are not a believer than someone who claims to be yet goes against what a believer should do/ not do. I respect people right to believe or not believe. I don't think atheists and Satanists are the same thing, most christains think atheists are likely to kill people, but the fact I believe in god isn't the only thing keeping me from killing. So yeah it shouldn't be forced. Anyone who believes in god should know he gave us freedom of choice and he doesn't force us to believe in him, he lets us believe what we want. I believe in him, and if you don't that's you choice and who am I to try to make you do otherwise?  That's my thoughts on it.

napnau
Thought Provoker
Philippines 1awards
Joined 13th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 253

I definitely agree with your opinion. What a profound way of thinking.

I never prayed for salvation. What I am asking deeply in my heart is world peace and finally LOVE will rule the Earth. But that is far from happening. Maybe not in my time.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

That would be amazing but I think your right it is a long ways away I honestly have a hard time seeing it happen but lets hope!

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

I take that N word is 'nigger' which to be honest is more an American thing so its not really used over here. Though if used by someone like Chris Rock then the word is ironic and comical, but by anyone else it is mostly derogatory and offensive. The offense there is not necessarily the word but the blatant intent to be racist. Though used in the first Rush Hour film by Jackie Chan it is a blatant racist word but said in ignorance and with misplaced friendly intent.

naathalie - The reason it is bad to be un-religious, a herectic, if you will, is that the problem lies with the Christian religion and it's followers in the West predominately America. There religion and state have got all intertwined so not being a Christian is almost to not be American, conservative patriotic American that is. Anything else other than religion, that is Christian, is simply a something else and therefore hated and feared by being different.
On the flip side the basic tenets and foundational thought behind Christian religion is much more a worldwide thing, a generally good thing, and like all belief or thought is only spoilt by the intolerable few who focus only on their chosen thing rather than being accepting or diverse.

Here is something I would like to hear from others about, given that we now live in an Age of female empowerment and equality, and that we live in a tolerant and sexually diverse Age where it is acceptable to be bisexual or homosexual,
is it difficult or rather, uncommon to be male but emotionally capable.
In other words is it hard being a Pisces man.
My point is that if you are a homosexual or bisexual or female or other, you can fall back onto the idea of having been repressed as a group and are now liberated and equal. Yet for a straight man there is no real sense of male rights that have been fought for and worked for, as many of them such as voting (going way back to Ancient Greek democracy) was given to men by men: no real fight for truth, freedom or equality. Just a load of blokes thinking their best, beating everyone else down and ultimately being proven wrong.

Apologies for the length.

BigVirge
Big Virge
Fire of Insight
Barbados 1awards
Joined 15th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 329

Hmmm Lord V ... from Big V

Not really used in England ???

Okay, maybe not the extent it is in the US, but it is used fa sure.

I believe, in most cases, because people are doing the PC thing, and are very well programmed in England to NOT SAY, what they want to, even when they are thinking and probably, in many cases, want to say it.

It's not cool, in my opinion, when ANYONE uses it, black, white, or any shade in between ....

There is no justification, or " Re-Claiming ", going on, I listen to huge amounts of music where it is used, but, it never truly rests comfortably with me.

"Friendly Intent", hmmmm ... it's a good scene you refer to, in hindsight, I can only hope there was some deeper meaning behind what was being shown, especially as Tucker does not now, apparently use swear words in shows now, and is a religious man apparently.

A lot of hypocrisy surrounds it's use, and black folks complaining about white folks using it now, should CHECK THEMSELVES, especially if they use it in reference to their own ... just my view ....

On the rise of female empowerment, interesting, what i'd like to know is how there is a word for males bashing on women, as in ... " Misogynist ", and then, female empowerment, for many, goes with, " Feminist " .... why are there no words for male upliftment, beyond Lord V's relevant point, about men doing chit for men, but, why is there no word for women who bash on men ... ? Is it Chauvinism, in reverse, and should there not be a definition of that, because a lot of ladies be doing the slamming of men, without, REAL Justification, what should they be called ? Especially those who chose to be with chauvinistic guys, and then after a while of being with them, recognise that they should never have done .... Just asking ... ???

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

Duh! I completely forgot about words like the ones you listed Big V, and thats why you are Big.
Going back to the N word I suppose it is also used more in shall we say the 'street' and 'gangs'. It is true somewhat that the stiff upper lip attitude often means there is lack in the amount of what an English saids compared to what they think: an amount of repression. Is there a comparitive word for caucasians/'white' people as the N one.

Side Note 1. No sooner do I start replaying Morrowind with its intricate lore with religion and government, as suddenly religion and government threads start popping up and unravelling on DU. And afte reading an article about how the game is self-aware too.
These are indeed times to wonder in and master. And yes I do realise this is mostly for me and has no place here, but welcome to the internet!

patrickbirdener
Patrick Birdener
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 8th Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 56

@ naathalie___

When one is a Christian -- Christian for example, because I used to be very much a Christian, though in the last decade have evolved a bit -- when one is a Christian, really a Christian, one must believe that everyone who has not accepted the light of Christianity as he or she has is doomed to what he or she would be doomed to if he or she had not accepted the light.  That's what induces some Christians to spout off threats that others are going to hell and such -- they mean well in doing so.  They're trying to save what they see as a soul that would otherwise burn in hell for eternity.  So, yeah, it's a big thing for truly devout Christians.  I was always a bit more open than that, but I knew people who freely told family members they were going to hell -- and meant it.

Um...I'm not sure if that was helpful or not.  I hope it was...

Go to page:
Go to: