Go to page:

a turn to religion, anarchy or enlightenment?

Austin_Rura
Austin Rura
Thought Provoker
United States 6awards
Joined 6th Dec 2013
Forum Posts: 327

in my view i see religion (all religion (well maybe not buddhism)) as giving your spiritual, mental and most definitely physical free will over to a higher power and throwing your own free will and own judgement away for someone elses idea of what you should be
(which can be great for society as a whole when all members just obey)
(heres a side note to discuss about religion... isnt the idea of hell perfect? the good think the bad will be punished and the good dont turn bad in fear of punishment. ingenious design really)

i see atheism (or anarchy LOL) as really believing in nothing in this world but yourself and what you see for your own personal reasons whatever they may be.
(which really doesn't do anything for society in general but may open up new realms of thought for an individual)

and i see enlightenment (selfism (look it up!), scientific reasoning, general good will toward man for good wills sake, understanding, etc.) as people trying to find the lightswitch in a dark room. (which may skyrocket society and its individuals into brilliance and (for lack of a better word) godhood)

so which do you think is better for a society and which is better for an individual? (not trying to spark controversy just generally curious to hear what some fellow writers may have to say on the subject)

(example- imagine a utopian society... what do they believe?)

I look forward to what everybody has to say! plz keep all negativity or disparagement/belittlement outside... we're here to have a friendly discussion/debate :)

BoFantastic
Thought Provoker
7awards
Joined 24th Apr 2014
Forum Posts: 333

I believe in Luck. But she's fickle and you can't force your hand with her, no prayers will work, no suffering will suffice. The only thing that can move Luck, is time. Perfecting timing moves Luck to work on your behalf. I respect Luck because she can't be corrupted or persuaded, she her own boss doing her own thing, her own way.

lightbaron
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 19th Jan 2012
Forum Posts: 2374

dunno dude...in my mind if religion, enlightenment, and anarchy don't blend together into a non nameable state of being, then the point is missed entirely on all three.

sodium589
Thought Provoker
Germany
Joined 7th Aug 2014
Forum Posts: 342

The philosopher Immanuel Kant once boiled down this problem to 3 questions:
"What can I know?
What should I do?
What may I hope?"
I think he was right in doing so and which answers you find for yourself is completely up to you. But I think everyone has to ask those questions - at least once in a lifetime. And in trying to answer them - "sapere aude" (Dare to be wise)!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

Religion:

Taoism - shit happens

Hinduism - this shit happened before

Islam - if shit happens, take a hostage

7th day Adventist - shit only happens on a saturday

protestantism - shit won't happen if I work harder

Catholicism  - if shit happens, I deserve it

Jehovah's witness - *knock knock* shit happens

Hare Krishna - shit happens rama dama ding dong

Judaism - why does shit always happen to me

Atheism - no shit

Tv Evangelism -send more shit

Rastafarism - smoke that shit

^ - some meme on the interweb

Hell is perfect in the context of having the shit frightened into you so you keep in line with what the books say. there's no logical reason why this universe would have a shitty place like hell in it and is kinda contrary to the teachings of said book given the God in his infinite wisdom made himself a son then killed him in order to wipe away all our sins ...'cept we're still born with original sin anyway so what was all the drama with the cross about ..don't even get me started on purgatory haha , cha chingatory more like ££$$  

god is real, we are all part of him regardless of colour, creed or sexual preference. the god I believe in don't want no accolades or worship or money or theatrics  

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 3645

the very theory of question,
is belief,
in something else...............

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

I'm not religious but I believe in god, that might sound strange but, I think religion is just fallowing rules someone makes up, most church goers don't follow the bible, at all. They just throw it up and use it to make themselves look good, I mean look at how many church goers are racist, yet the bible says many times not to judge, and that's just one example. And Catholic's call a man father and confess to him, again two things the bible says not to do. I try to follow the bible, and I don't think it has taken my free will. I just try to make more sound choices and things, I don't judge, least I try my best not too, and someones religion (or lack there of) is there own choice and if you respect my point of view then I will respect yours cause who would I be not too?.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2461

Humans were given the gift of choice. Not sure if was by God or Science...either way, we choose what we believe.

JAZZMANOR
Tyrant of Words
United States 38awards
Joined 4th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 103

Th rubber hits the road when we ask how do we think things should be versus how they are. A life void of religion doable? I see more problems with anarchy taken as far as it will go. Akin to Hobbes' state of nature". Wouldn't get to far driving a car if no body agreed that green means "go" and red means "stop". Is the term religion all encompassing? Is it like communication? How does one not communicate, for even silence sends a message. Likewise in stating no belief in religion, does one end up creating something that replaces it? Myths are very much organic to human existence, regardless of any faith in a creator. A community isn't in existence without some form of myth, whether it is a nation state, a commune, or even a grouping labeled terrorists.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14457

hey, bit off subject, but did you hear? that guy off seventh heaven that played the best preacher dad in the world ever ..kiddy fiddler. I shit you not man..  

I dunno, Jazz. I mean yeah you're right about interpretation and that's probably why there are soooo many spin offs from the original book. old testament!! Egyptian Pharaohs!! Pagan gods n godesses, Mian, Aztec

It's not the lights that make the traffic, it's the people. red is a colour, a suggestion. people conform to them  ..that's sadness      

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

It doesn't surprise me, often times the people you think are the most straight forward and right, are the ones that do the most wrong, and the ones you'd expect to be the most wrong, are more straight forward than anyone thinks.

johnrot
Tyrant of Words
21awards
Joined 10th Oct 2012

stephen collins the diddler confessed.................

PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

I've done some extensive research on the subject and i do have some things i believe. I believe in a God or some First or Supreme Intelligence. I don't believe it gives a shit one way or another how we live our daily lives nor does it want to dictate what types of food we eat. Those things are for our own experience (science, from Latin "to know") to show us. I do believe it guards the doorway between the material world and the spiritual one. Hell its just a scare tactic and religions (excluding Buddhism) are just tribal knowledge poised on from the tribal leaders. But this is no reason to put it down. Tribal knowledge. It was limited but it was the science of its day, the gleaned information put into a form to be accepted by the masses. It simply must be understood in context of when it was put down and respected as a step in our development as a human race. The danger in religion is when we take it to be the absolute and final truth when it comes to reality. That's where the problem starts. God didn't create Man in His image but Man created God in his to justify his atrocious behavior.

Most of that should make sense but it is late and I'm a bit tired.

sektioN8ty
King Sammy
Thought Provoker
Nigeria 9awards
Joined 2nd July 2014
Forum Posts: 203

Do you believe in yourself?
Do you believe in God?
What do you believe in?
If you don't believe in nothing, then, you dead... All your knowledge and wisdom is shit if you don't believe in divine powers, you'll be the most retard of all illiterates

Science makes us believe that an object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. we all believe the earth rotates and revolves; meaning it's in continous motion and something was responsible for it's movement to begin, so to the anarchy, don't you think that initial force was a divine power? maybe  God, maybe I'm wrong but all I know is an external force was involved.

To those that believe in gods or Allah or Jesus, what makes you feel your source of divinity is the correct one?

Man was created for one major thing; to worship.... even those that don't believe in God worship something.

God wasn't confused to allow all these misunderstandings amongst men. He is a God that gives right to every human to make a choice.
H, stands on either ways of your choice to tell you about the right or wrong choice you made while on earth.

Men have so much adulterated religion that even the one I believe in now disgust me, what I do now is cut myself away by what men say and like the bereans go back to the Holybook and know the truth for myself.

I'm christian and I don't wanna believe true christians are religious, because christianity ain't a religion.... it's a way of life like seen by the early christians in antioch.

Well, I don't believe in convincing people about Christ, the HolySpirit is responsible....

and even if he doesn't......Hell definetly has the last sermon about the true divine power.

Go to page:
Go to: