Opinions needed

Simon_III_Msibi
Mandla Msibi
Thought Provoker
South Africa 5awards
Joined 29th June 2013
Forum Posts: 92

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0efe46bc

I am attempting to write  book its name is going to be called PURPOSE: Thoughts and poetry. this first part is more quotes I need your opinion to see if this is a good build up to the my poems which will follow. Opions I have the download link at the top.

honesty please

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Sorry, but I'm not downloading anything to my computer unless I know exactly what it is and that it is virus free and I will not take your word for it.

Can you put the downloaded article here please and not the download itself?

Astyanax
Ceejay
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 9awards
Joined 23rd Feb 2010
Forum Posts: 748

Simon_III_Msibi said:http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0efe46bc
I am attempting to write  book its name is going to be called PURPOSE: Thoughts and poetry. this first part is more quotes I need your opinion to see if this is a good build up to the my poems which will follow. Opions I have the download link at the top.

honesty please

I would be happy to offer guidance on your opening sentences, Simon.
'I am attempting to write  book' should be 'I am attempting to write a book', followed by a full stop.
In the second part of the sentence you used the phrase, 'its name is going to be called PURPOSE: Thoughts and poetry'. You can either say 'Its name will be...' or 'It is going to be called...'; combining the two expressions is clumsy.
After the word 'poetry' you have a full stop. This should be followed by a capital letter: 'poetry. This first part...'
Full stop required after 'quotes'.
'build up to the my poems' should be 'build-up to my poems' (no 'the' required).
The word 'Opions' doesn't exist. I couldn't guess whether it was supposed to be 'Options' or 'Opinions'. Still not quite sure what the sentence means.

So, the revised version should be something like:
'I am attempting to write a book. Its name will be 'PURPOSE: Thoughts and Poetry'. This first part is more quotes. I need your opinion to see if this is a good build-up to my poems, which will follow. Opinions: I have the download link at the top.'

Hope this helps, and I would suggest more careful checking in future.
PS: For American readers, 'full stop' = 'period'.

Simon_III_Msibi
Mandla Msibi
Thought Provoker
South Africa 5awards
Joined 29th June 2013
Forum Posts: 92

I get what you meant but I decided to finish off the works and sent them to kindle they got approved and I'm in the editing process but I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond.

sorry for the very late reply

Page:
Go to: